+ Reply
Page 3383 of 3430 FirstFirst ... 2383 2883 3283 3333 337333813382338333843385 3393 ... LastLast
Results 67,641 to 67,660 of 68582

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The randomly off topic thread

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Legality is not ethics. There's no reason to call her a thief, even if you are concerned about the forum.
    Thanks

Legality is not ethics. There's no reason to call her a thief, even if you are concerned about the forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,064 Times in 4,557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    In our new "moral relativism" world that may be how you "feel" - but there is an objective measure of what is ethical.

And I never called MJ a thief.

Please take a look in your dictionary and show me any differences between "unethical" and "illegal". I would agree that not all unethical behavior is illegal. But all illegal behavior is unethical. Violating the law is unethical. Would be hard to prove otherwise in a moderated debate.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,227 Times in 6,987 Posts

Just started season 5 of Sons of Anarchy, iz getting good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    In our new "moral relativism" world that may be how you "feel" - but there is an objective measure of what is ethical.

Please take a look in your dictionary and show me any differences between "unethical" and "illegal". I would agree that not all unethical behavior is illegal. But all illegal behavior is unethical. Violating the law is unethical. Would be hard to prove otherwise in a moderated debate.
    The Holocaust was legal under Hitler's law. Protecting a Jew was illegal, but very highly ethical. Not that I'm comparing anything in this discussion to Naziism.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 05-16-2014 at 11:11 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (05-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,781 Times in 4,022 Posts

Oh don't get me started. In virginia, it's still illegal to have "relations" (even with your spouse) in any other position than missionary. Are other "positions" since illegal also unethical? Sorry fellas your wife can no longer get on top, according to this weird rationale that's being presented here. Apparently doggie style is also "unethical". And let's not forget the same-sex couples, since their parts don't "fit" together quite that way. Guess gay and straight couples have to say goodbye to any oral activities as well. (Yes this is sarcasm, for those that need the clarification.)

I live in a state where it's legal to marry your second cousin, and is illegal for same sex couples to marry.

Let's not debate legality vs ethics... Legality has to do with the government which we all know that most members are unethical and/or have done unethical things to get in that office.

The Holocaust was legal under Hitler's law. Protecting a Jew was illegal, but very highly ethical.
    Point well made.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 05-16-2014 at 11:27 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (05-16-2014)

Thanks

I am not a moral subjectivist, but there are a few better objective standards for ethics than whatever government you happen to live under, which is actually not an objective standard anyway.

Thanks

Sorry folks. Didn't mean for this to escalate as such. Was just inquiring into the difference. Let's jump into the new season of Sons Of Anarchy. Like Simon brought up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    In virginia, it's still illegal to have "relations" (even with your spouse) in any other position than missionary. Are other "positions" since illegal also unethical?
    I am not a moral subjectivist, but there are a few better objective standards for ethics than whatever government you happen to live under, which is actually not an objective standard anyway.
    Yes, these are well made points, both of you.. But the 'stupid' laws on the books don't violate the moral laws of most lands - that were originally based on the 10 commandments of which stealing is one.

Bottom line, gang - don't use music and movie streaming apps that have no ads as their material is stolen. When you stream from such an app - YOU are then stealing too. It's a simple objective fact with no distinction of any kind from downloading a pirated app.

To MJ's original point about paying fees to Netflix already - if you haven't purchased a multiple computer license for a piece of software and install it on a 2nd computer '(for your convenience)' and 'because it's already been purchased once - that's also stealing (unethical) and illegal (get you a stiff fine).

My point's been made. On this issue - and most of you who know me know that I don't have many 'soapboxes' anymore -- this is a soapbox I'm unwilling to come off of - and I feel compelled to continue to report to Kyle (this one excluded) every thread conversation promoting the use of illegal music/movie streaming apps. It's just wrong, gang. We're better than this.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-16-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,729 Times in 5,975 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Just started season 5 of Sons of Anarchy, iz getting good.
    Show rox. Great acting, story line and love Chuckie with no fingers.

SAMCRO is da bomb

Think all this other crapola needs to be moved to the "great Debate" thread fellers.

Thanks

If someone paid me for a Cydia package and then, for whatever reason, downloaded an identical file from a pirate repo, would I consider them to have stolen from me? Not at all. If the property is truly to be considered intellectual then it shouldn't matter what app you stream it with. Doing so is only illegal because of the abstract matter of defining licenses for the sale of intellectual property. Think of the concept of violating the letter of the law, but not the spirit of the law. Netflix does come with a multiple system license anyway. As far as I'm concerned, they should be happy they don't have to pay for the bandwidth to upload the movie to your iPad.

That's my closing point anyway.

Thanks

I too use the app for catching up on TV shows...only. I steal nothing at all, ever. Hella, my cable bill (Dish Network) is $150.00 a month for every paid programming channel and package.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    say goodbye to any oral activities as well.
    Oh my, say it isn't so. lol
    Last edited by blkcadi; 05-16-2014 at 12:07 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (05-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,781 Times in 4,022 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Oh my, say it isn't so. lol
    I know... The world as we know it is over!

and I feel compelled to continue to report to Kyle (this one excluded) every thread conversation promoting the use of illegal music/movie streaming
    That's what the report button is for... The moderators don't condone piracy either and will remove any posts that actually contain them. Hence the reason why my original post is still there and link is as well...When you hit that button, the moderators get the email. Not Kyle.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 05-16-2014 at 12:20 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (05-16-2014)

Thanks

Poll;

Who is the most confrontation, argumentative, member on this site?

...And then try to figure the reasoning behind it.

oops, can of worms maybe.

Thanks

Poll;

Who is the most confrontation, argumentative, member on this site?

...And then try to figure the reasoning behind it.

oops, can of worms maybe.
    Lol! Well you're referring to NewD1.0 - which I will fully admit was an SOB with an axe to grind for his first 2 years here as he was trying to break into what can be a "clique-ey" place for a noob.

But even ask Simon, King & MJ -and others in the threads I frequent most, NewD 2.1 is a gentler soul.. As of Jan 1 this year.. Only a couple of topics that still turn my crank and I'll keep talking until everyone is ABUNDANTLY clear as to my point and can't wiggle away from the truth I'm layin' down.. ..

But "most argumentative - on forum" ?!? Nah.. Head to the Elite thread to find some of those people.. ..

Sorry to have struck a nerve with you, Bo. You're a class act 99% of the time - but on this topic.... well... no one's perfect..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (05-16-2014)

Thanks

Nah, it's all good. I love the banter. Just playing and giggling.

Thanks

Nah, it's all good. I love the banter. Just playing and giggling.
    Oh good...

EDITED:
    Frankly MJ's whole explanation of the sex position laws in Virginia - made me laugh hysterically as I'd really forgotten about those. PA has a couple of real weird ones too.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-16-2014 at 01:12 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (05-16-2014)

Thanks

I have actually gained respect for you, you willingness to change and accept who you are and get along with others speaks loudly. Although opinions/facts differ at times, I find you very entertaining and most times very informed.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (05-16-2014)

Thanks

I have actually gained respect for you, you willingness to change and accept who you are and get along with others speaks loudly. Although opinions/facts differ at times, I find you very entertaining and most times very informed.
    Thanks, Bo. Means a lot coming from you. Looking back - not quite sure anymore why I had such a pole up my azz for so long.

Peace...

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,588 Times in 6,423 Posts

Good, now that that's over, I see that my XBMC just received Neighbors in my library, so I'll be busy for a couple of hours.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Simon (05-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,227 Times in 6,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Good, now that that's over, I see that my XBMC just received Neighbors in my library, so I'll be busy for a couple of hours.
    Lol

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-16-2014)