Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The randomly off topic thread

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone in here seen American Hustle yet?
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Thanks
    Thanked 10,212 Times in 6,215 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I personally could really careless about a jailbreak at the moment. But I would not be jailbreaking today even if I really wanted too. Nothing works, and i still feel there is some shady stuff going on. Comparing what they did to geohotz and blackra1n is like comparing apples to oranges.
    Do i feel the developers of jailbreak,tweaks, themes,etc should be paid yes and no. This is a hobbiest sport a fight between freedom fighters and apple.
    I understand lots of work goes into this stuff but to think you should be entitled to pay for it is hard for me to swallow. I think donations are fine and I think a couple have done quite well on donations alone like Comex i believe said he made over 40K. But also add in the externship at apple and I am sure there was some other perks. When George did the first iPhone he got a 350Z and i am sure a load of cash as well. But expecting to be paid I dont see it being right.

The way they jumped over Saurik i dont think is right. And other things just aren't adding up. We wanted to be first? But we also added a piracy repo (unknowingly?) To many holes in the story.
    The company Tiag I dont know much about except for what has been recently said so its really hard to judge if they are good or bad guys.

I dont know if my rant made sense or not dont really care, I just dont like what I am seeing right now and I am going to stay away till the smoke settles i guess. Have fun for everyone giving the jailbreak a shot I know it means a great deal for some.
    Ditto for the most part Cowboy.
    I have restored my 5s and will wait it out till I can actually use the tweaks I've paid for and feel comfortable knowing it is secure, 'although for the most part I believe that it is'.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

HotRodGuy (11-11-2014)

Pod2G just posted unless you have your phone registered in china then the stuff we are all worried about isn't there. But id still hold on tight. I rather be safe then sorry
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Pod2G just posted unless you have your phone registered in china then the stuff we are all worried about isn't there. But id still hold on tight. I rather be safe then sorry
    Agree I'm gonna wait also for more info and well tweaks and all

I feel like this jailbreak was done extremely irresponsibly. They should of waited for 7.1 and should of got more devs involved so the jailbreak was worth a damn

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

I agree with ya bro. Seems like this is causing more issues than anything

Thanks

I feel like this jailbreak was done extremely irresponsibly. They should of waited for 7.1 and should of got more devs involved so the jailbreak was worth a damn
    No sh1t, what is the sense in releasing it when Jay isn't involved and Cydia isn't close to being ready. Bad karma dude. If this release causes the exploits to be closed and we're let without a j/b, it could cause so much damage to our community.
    Sad...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

HotRodGuy (11-11-2014)

I'm just glad I have something to work with for updating my app before most people are willing to jailbreak. So far it seems to work anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Have you actually read Letter to the Community ?
    I have, but I still have no reason to trust them as they released a rushed jailbreak without letting saurik in and without telling anyone about this whole thing before hand leaving everyone unprepared and annoyed.

I still think that it's funny that people are crying for a JB, then they get it and their still not happy.

Just enjoy your JB!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post

Just enjoy your JB!
    Enjoy what? Not much working?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

HotRodGuy (11-11-2014)

Thanks

Thinking about applying for a full time position at my job. Lady that's been there nine years is leaving next week. I've been there for four years.

Not my problem that not much works.

So what your saying is that you want a JB and all the downloadable content to be fully functioning and up to date.

Ha, not even Apple can provide that.

A JB is to provide root access to the OS, the rest is just shiny toys to play with.

So I say, enjoy the JB.

Thanks

Should change your name to King_O_Pedantics.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Not my problem that not much works.

So what your saying is that you want a JB and all the downloadable content to be fully functioning and up to date.

Ha, not even Apple can provide that.

A JB is to provide root access to the OS, the rest is just shiny toys to play with.

So I say, enjoy the JB.
    Yes what we are saying is we want what we have received in the past not this fishy BS.
    Even if everything worked there is still to much crap that I and a lot of other don't trust.
    This jailbreak was all for $$$, this jailbreak wasn't made for the end users in mind at all.

It's always about money in the end.

Lets face it, the first JB's were about sticking it to Apple. But once Cydia/Rock/themeit etc hit the scene and devs started charging for tweaks, what would you expect! It was really just a matter of time, and now that time has come!

I'm enjoying my JB experience!

We need to embrace the change and move forward. Besides, I don't have any Chinese software on my device. At least I haven't found it yet if it is there. If you have, please share the location.

Its in the .app when you install the jailbreak

Thanks

I got some Chinese on my phone but it's not software

Heads you win, tails I lose. These guys can't win. The JB is a stunning piece of work and to think that they would have burned exploits by releasing it before 7.1 just shows how little you know about the discussions that go on behind the scenes.
    Timing of releases has always been a touchy subject but is never done without ensuring it is the best they can do.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    heads you win, tails i lose. These guys can't win. The jb is a stunning piece of work and to think that they would have burned exploits by releasing it before 7.1 just shows how little you know about the discussions that go on behind the scenes.
    Timing of releases has always been a touchy subject but is never done without ensuring it is the best they can do.
    you sir.......i concur!

Page 3351 of 3473 FirstFirst ... 2351 2851 3251 3301 334133493350335133523353 3361 3401 3451 ... LastLast