+ Reply
Page 3348 of 3415 FirstFirst ... 2348 2848 3248 3298 333833463347334833493350 3358 3398 ... LastLast
Results 66,941 to 66,960 of 68282

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The randomly off topic thread

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by blkcadi Android? Really? Kinda scary. I tried but just couldn't accept it. Felt like... ...betrayal So glad your well and still in school. Please stop by and
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Android? Really? Kinda scary. I tried but just couldn't accept it. Felt like... ...betrayal

So glad your well and still in school. Please stop by and chat when you can Angie. Your missed.
    Out of curiosity, why didn't you like it? I got a Galaxy SIII a couple weeks ago (and I posted in here about it, but someone decided to delete it...) and I actually like it. I love the bigger screen, and the fact that it's open source makes it even better (especially if you decide to root it, which I need to get around to). I also like the fact that apps are able to actually do more on your phone. Apple limits App Store apps a lot, but Android really doesn't. Most apps can do anything the developer wants them to do, but yet again, that can be a security risk.

I will say though, most of the stuff that's on Android by default can be achieved by jailbreaking an iPhone, so I really don't think Android is that much greater. The only thing you can't achieve on iOS is dualbooting multiple operating systems since iOS isn't open source and the kernel would never allow it. If I really wanted to, I could dualboot iOS and Android.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

I tried a Nexus and hated it with a passion. I gave my iPhone 4 to my daughter and ought the Nexus but after a couple of months I sold it for a massive loss ( I sold it just after Google reduced the price) and bought an iPhone 5

Android just didn't do anything without a lot of work and even then it just didn't work. I hated it, but if you want to do a lot of work for very little gain then Android might be for you.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Out of curiosity, why didn't you like it? I got a Galaxy SIII a couple weeks ago (and I posted in here about it, but someone decided to delete it...) and I actually like it. I love the bigger screen, and the fact that it's open source makes it even better (especially if you decide to root it, which I need to get around to). I also like the fact that apps are able to actually do more on your phone. Apple limits App Store apps a lot, but Android really doesn't. Most apps can do anything the developer wants them to do, but yet again, that can be a security risk.

I will say though, most of the stuff that's on Android by default can be achieved by jailbreaking an iPhone, so I really don't think Android is that much greater.
    I hate how pretty much every single app is trying to do stuff in the background constantly. It's generally useless and it obviously takes a toll on performance and battery life. I don't really like the interface in general, especially the animations. And I also think you can do more with a jailbroken iPhone in terms of tweaks than you can with an Android phone. The only real things I noticed with Android is that you can install themes without rooting and overclock if you root. There's not even that big of a difference between custom ROMs, except that some of them take out useless stuff from the stock version to save battery life. I know this sounds kind of insulting to some people, but I don't like almost any themes on iOS or Android. I think the vast majority of them, even the popular ones, look childish and not like a true redesign of the interface. I don't like home screen widgets either. So overall Android has nothing to offer for me. It's decent but I like iOS a lot more.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,627 Times in 5,902 Posts

^what he said.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I tried a Nexus and hated it with a passion. I gave my iPhone 4 to my daughter and ought the Nexus but after a couple of months I sold it for a massive loss ( I sold it just after Google reduced the price) and bought an iPhone 5

Android just didn't do anything without a lot of work and even then it just didn't work. I hated it, but if you want to do a lot of work for very little gain then Android might be for you.
    That's why I lean towards Apple stuff in general. It just works for a large majority of the buyers.

Thanks

I'm on a Nexus 5 right now and love it. Of course, I still love my iPad too and (obviously) loovvveeddd the iPhone back when I had that.

iOS and Android are for different markets. Neither one is "better" since it all comes down to personal preference. What I liked about iDevices is that they just... worked. You could just take it out of the box and use it. You don't have to play around with the settings and stuff until you got it "just how you like it" because there wasn't much to change. Apple thinks everything out down to the smallest detail. Everything is sleek, user-friendly, and works well. I have my parents set up with iPads because it's easier for them to understand and use than a Nexus 7.

What I love about Android is the level of customization you get with it. I have mine rooted with the Xposed framework installed and I can get the phone EXACTLY how I like it without even having to install any custom roms or extravagant number of tweaks. Most of the rooted android tweaks are free (unlike jailbroken ones, which I definitely have nothing against) and they work WELL and simply. What I don't like about Android is how it's not as streamlined as iOS. For example, when I want to look at pictures, I have a Gallery app and a photos app. While they're both great apps and have different features, why can't google just combine them into one?

Just a little rant from someone who's seriously used both platforms and love them both equally.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Hi Angie, how's the studying going?
    ... obviously not as well as I'd like. It's always around this time of the term where I get burnt out and start regretting picking engineering... then next term rolls around and I fall in love with it all over again. How are you doing? How's the wife and kids?
    Last edited by angiepangie; 12-08-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Just another reason to love Football.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post

... obviously not as well as I'd like. It's always around this time of the term where I get burnt out and start regretting picking engineering... then next term rolls around and I fall in love with it all over again. How are you doing? How's the wife and kids?
    Im sure you will be fine.

I'm doing OK, my wife is as perfect as ever and so are the kids. Just trying to sort out which University my daughter is going to now!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

EVO
    Thanks

hello guys how has every one been?

Thanks

Doing well I guess EVO, scrambling to get everything done for Christmas... Again.

Thanks

Christmas is ages away, I'd better start thinking about it soon though I guess.

Thanks

If you haven't yet, better go but a lottery ticket. Mega Millions jackpot pushes to $636 million today, second largest in history. I haz mine.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,104 Times in 6,942 Posts

Open to residents of other countries? Would love to win that

Thanks

Don't think so, States only it seems. Mega Millions

In the 80's today, awesome weather here. Winning the big bucks would be so much better, then Bali here we come baby...

Thanks
    Thanked 15,104 Times in 6,942 Posts

Well that sucks

Thanks

Did you win?

Thanks

^nope, but you can't win if you don't play. 2 people had the winning numbers. Must be nice...

Thanks

Jean-Claude Van Damme, mrp. Ain't got nothin' on Chuck.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Simon (12-20-2013)

Thanks

Is that Chuck Berry?

'Twas rather good either way.
    Last edited by confucious; 12-20-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Chuck not chick!

Thanks

^ummmm, sure.

Well the hell is 2K1? I miss him.