Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The randomly off topic thread

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    There wont be a jailbreak for it for a while i would expect not to see one till late decemeber early next year for it
    That's fine no rush I'll have fun with the iPhone 5

I dont really have a reason to jailbreak other than theming and killbackgrounder
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Anyone have a clue how to check an ATT order? Got my confirmation number but when I try to check online it asks to link to an account. Which then asks for wireless number, problem is I dont have one yet.

https://www.att.com/eos/unauth/eosLo...tType=wireless
    on the left drop down box where it says wireless number change it to say order number

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

https://www.att.com/eos/unauth/eosLo...tType=wireless
    on the left drop down box where it says wireless number change it to say order number
    Ya, been to that screen, changed it to order number and put in order number but clicking the box doesnt do anything, the box itself is kinda greyed out (well blue but you know what I mean).

i Just did it with out putting in a wireless number

Thanks

i Just did it with out putting in a wireless number
    Had to use firefox to do it. Wasnt working in chrome. Order says it has been cancelled

Thanks
    Thanked 10,213 Times in 6,215 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Had to use firefox to do it. Wasnt working in chrome. Order says it has been cancelled
    Wut? Cancelled.

I'll bet the jailbreak is out way before December, it's already there (tethered), just waiting to see what Apple does with the OS6.

Thanks

Ya sucks, that one was for one of my friends here. Probably got cancelled cause I tried to use my passport number as a social security number. Oh well. My UK order is still good though. That order is prepared for shipment status already

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Wut? Cancelled.

I'll bet the jailbreak is out way before December, it's already there (tethered), just waiting to see what Apple does with the OS6.
    But is more than just breaking down the OS they have a new chip as well with the A6.

I am sure Orby can explain in higher details then I can.

Thanks

But is more than just breaking down the OS they have a new chip as well with the A6.

I am sure Orby can explain in higher details then I can.
    Tag-team!

/tag

Let's start with a what a jailbreak is, in its purest essence. A jailbreak mounts the filesystem as fully writable and patches all sorts of integrity checks out of the kernel, thereby allowing any program or process the user wants to run on the device to actually run. Merely trying to write these patches to the kernel will fail due to the kernel's integrity checks that prevent exactly this sort of thing.

Therefore, you either have to find a way that allows you to write unsigned code to the kernel's privileged areas. This can be done by finding a way in the operating system to write that code without breaking the checks, or finding an exploit further up the "chain of trust" (e.g., blackra1n, an exploit in iBoot was used that will allow an unsigned kernel to boot, or 24kpwn, an exploit in LLB that allowed both an unsigned iBoot and kernel to run) to ignore, bypass, or fabricate the integrity checks on the kernel.

Kernel-level "userland" exploits are usually present in most or all devices on a particular iteration of an operating system. They are very easy to patch from Apple's perspective, but generally speaking, such exploits are more plentiful, as there's a whole lot of code to work with in the userland. As a general rule of thumb, the more raw code and processes there are in a system, bugs present in the system increase proportionally. With more bugs present, the chances of one or more of those bugs being vulnerable to our machinations increase.

iBoot-level exploits are usually also present in most or all devices on a particular version of iBoot (which changes less frequently than every OS revision, usually). They are still patchable by Apple, but are a tougher task to patch a hole out while making sure all function is retained and operates wholly bug-free. There's less code here, so bugs and therefore exploits are probably less frequently appearing, but an exploit here can be considered "more valuable" due to the fact you can have your way with the kernel at this stage, and you have access to more system hardware functions not available to the kernel.

"Bootrom" exploits are in very low-level code that overwrite or disrupt the hardware-based function of the device. Such exploits are very rare (there are a grand total of five for all iOS devices) and very specific for a particular processor or device. These exploits are worth their weight in gold, as Apple cannot patch them at all on a device already made, and they allow for all sorts of integrity-flouting code mayhem. However, as the bootrom is incredibly bare-bones in its functionality, bugs and thus exploits are, as noted, damn rare.

iOS 6, the current version of iBoot, and the iPhone 5's bootrom, probably have no known exploits in them--and thus all work for a jailbreak on that combination is probably starting from scratch.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

catstide (09-14-2012)

Thanks

Wow! good info....thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Tag-team!

/tag

Let's start with a what a jailbreak is, in its purest essence. A jailbreak mounts the filesystem as fully writable and patches all sorts of integrity checks out of the kernel, thereby allowing any program or process the user wants to run on the device to actually run. Merely trying to write these patches to the kernel will fail due to the kernel's integrity checks that prevent exactly this sort of thing.

Therefore, you either have to find a way that allows you to write unsigned code to the kernel's privileged areas. This can be done by finding a way in the operating system to write that code without breaking the checks, or finding an exploit further up the "chain of trust" (e.g., blackra1n, an exploit in iBoot was used that will allow an unsigned kernel to boot, or 24kpwn, an exploit in LLB that allowed both an unsigned iBoot and kernel to run) to ignore, bypass, or fabricate the integrity checks on the kernel.

Kernel-level "userland" exploits are usually present in most or all devices on a particular iteration of an operating system. They are very easy to patch from Apple's perspective, but generally speaking, such exploits are more plentiful, as there's a whole lot of code to work with in the userland. As a general rule of thumb, the more raw code and processes there are in a system, bugs present in the system increase proportionally. With more bugs present, the chances of one or more of those bugs being vulnerable to our machinations increase.

iBoot-level exploits are usually also present in most or all devices on a particular version of iBoot (which changes less frequently than every OS revision, usually). They are still patchable by Apple, but are a tougher task to patch a hole out while making sure all function is retained and operates wholly bug-free. There's less code here, so bugs and therefore exploits are probably less frequently appearing, but an exploit here can be considered "more valuable" due to the fact you can have your way with the kernel at this stage, and you have access to more system hardware functions not available to the kernel.

"Bootrom" exploits are in very low-level code that overwrite or disrupt the hardware-based function of the device. Such exploits are very rare (there are a grand total of five for all iOS devices) and very specific for a particular processor or device. These exploits are worth their weight in gold, as Apple cannot patch them at all on a device already made, and they allow for all sorts of integrity-flouting code mayhem. However, as the bootrom is incredibly bare-bones in its functionality, bugs and thus exploits are, as noted, damn rare.

iOS 6, the current version of iBoot, and the iPhone 5's bootrom, probably have no known exploits in them--and thus all work for a jailbreak on that combination is probably starting from scratch.
    Yup what he said.
    Thanks partner!
    Learned a few new things myself.

Yea I don't think Dinosaurs was aimed at younger kids or even tweens. Or we just had messed up shows growing up. Alchol promotion and this episode tonight had them watching some game show talking about how the blind dates went and she complained about the guy and the host says let's ask gary how the night went. The camera pans and all you see is him dangling like he hung himself.
    Last edited by Cer0; 09-15-2012 at 01:56 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha one of my topics made it to the main page of the MMi app

With iOS 6 right around the corner, will you guys be waiting for a jailbreak or upgrading right away? I'm thinking about just upgrading right away.

Thanks

I'll be Gitting the new phone so I'll have this to mess with jailbreak tweaks and other for just phone until they come out with one.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    I'll be Gitting the new phone so I'll have this to mess with jailbreak tweaks and other for just phone until they come out with one.
    I gotcha. I have my 3GS (old bootrom) which is "always" jailbreakable, and my 4S, which is my primary iDevice.

Thanks

Same here

So I am on a one week vacation. Went into work work twice already and now the honeydew list
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1347836909.739633.jpg  

Page 3124 of 3473 FirstFirst ... 2124 2624 3024 3074 311431223123312431253126 3134 3174 3224 ... LastLast