Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The randomly off topic thread

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    The new Nano looks pretty sweet.
    that it does...i wonder if it uses iOS or some variant or something

ok, i missed it

and there are some posts on the MMI homepage, but I can't figger them out.
    can someone post a brief summary?

or a link to something like that

Just watch the keynote it's up on apples website. Lol or just go through the iPhone or iPod tabs
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

ok, i missed it
    (and don't feel like sitting through the whole keynote)

Damn. Just lost my 4S for what seems for good. Might have to pick up the 5, but I'm not sure when I'm due for an upgrade.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,213 Times in 6,215 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Damn. Just lost my 4S for what seems for good. Might have to pick up the 5, but I'm not sure when I'm due for an upgrade.
    Must be because of the release. I had to go to the Genius Bar, just got back.
    For some reason my 4S went into the SWOD and had to do a hard reboot to get out of it, then when it rebooted, had no sounds at all. Restored twice, nada. Me haz my 3rd new 4S. Now to set it all up again...yeeeesh

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Must be because of the release. I had to go to the Genius Bar, just got back.
    For some reason my 4S went into the SWOD and had to do a hard reboot to get out of it, then when it rebooted, had no sounds at all. Restored twice, nada. Me haz my 3rd new 4S. Now to set it all up again...yeeeesh
    I think it ran out of battery and FMiP isn't working any more. Really sucks.

Thanks

Not really, I love having a brandy azz new phone, I can't wait to get the iP5. Hope they release the factory unlocks soon.

Not really, I love having a brandy azz new phone, I can't wait to get the iP5. Hope they release the factory unlocks soon.
    It's so tempting!! AH!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Evening all

Happy Tuesday

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Ya a day behind bud

I think it sucks

(for anonymous)

Thanks

Man, I haz iP5 fever. gimme...

Thanks

Your odds aren't looking too good of getting it back now... just saying. Keep looking in FMi.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Hey orbs, you hear anything on availability of the unlocked iPhone 5 in the US at launch?

And I really need to know if I will be able to cut my micro sim down to nano sim size and shave 15% thickness off the back and have it work. Cause relying on bermuda carriers to get nano sims in will take like 2-3 months at least. If I were to call them and ask them now they probably wouldnt even know what a nano sim is lol.
    I don't like the odds of the US getting any unlocked iPhones at launch (at least online). Through the retail stores, they should be able to do an unlocked device if they cared or bothered to, but if they aren't doing it online, they're probably not doing it.

AT&T, however, may be a decent solution. Buy the phone full price with the "no commitment" option (AND SAVE THE RECEIPT!), and request an unlock through their online tool. If you don't mind a few days' turn-around, that may very well work (assuming AT&T sells to you at no commitment price at launch and then unlocks it).

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    ok, i missed it

iPhone 5 announced, main features: new A6 processor, LTE connectivity, bigger screen (Orby says: shiny).
    iPod touch 5th generation announced, main features: A5 processor, better camera, same taller screen as new iPhone, new colors (Orby says: not bad).
    iPod nano 7th generation announced, main features: elongated design, bigger touchscreen, Bluetooth 4.0, video support (Orby says: no more nano watch? I has a sad. Also looks like a cheap tchotchke).
    iOS 6 launch date announced, main features: Passbook, new Maps.app, Siri improvements, Facebook integration with the OS, new App Store UI (Orby says: eh, more like iOS 5.2).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Simon (09-13-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Your odds aren't looking too good of getting it back now... just saying. Keep looking in FMi.
    Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    I think it sucks

(for anonymous)
    Sucks for sure.

@Orby or anyone; how accurate is FMI? I'm on 3G, if that determines accuracy. For my mac, its spot on, but for my iPhone location varies.

(Orby says: eh, more like iOS 5.2).
    Anonymous thinks Orby is spot on.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-12-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks

@Orby or anyone; how accurate is FMI? I'm on 3G, if that determines accuracy. For my mac, its spot on, but for my iPhone location varies.
    Find My Device uses crowd-sourced Wi-Fi, cell tower locations, and assisted GPS to locate the phone (essentially all the same tools used to track your location when using the Maps app to get directions).

Theoretically, the A-GPS should be able to get your location to within inches (with good signal). With known Wi-Fi, that's probably now feet, and if you're relying on cell site identification only, we're talking a distance probably measured in furlongs (still probably close enough to hear if you trip the beep on max volume though).

Find My Device uses crowd-sourced Wi-Fi, cell tower locations, and assisted GPS to locate the phone (essentially all the same tools used to track your location when using the Maps app to get directions).

Theoretically, the A-GPS should be able to get your location to within inches (with good signal). With known Wi-Fi, that's probably now feet, and if you're relying on cell site identification only, we're talking a distance probably measured in furlongs (still probably close enough to hear if you trip the beep on max volume though).
    Thanks for the reply. Walked around the last place I saw it and played the noise but to no avail. If its that accurate that makes the situatuon really strange.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Walked around the last place I saw it and played the noise but to no avail. If its that accurate that makes the situatuon really strange.
    Did you not see the dot representing its location? If the phone is dead or incommunicado, it can't make any noise.

Lol, Was just watching Dinosaurs on Netflix. You know the old show. Well it was an episode, s2e1 i think, where the father, Earl, realized his job sucked. He was feeling down and watching tV when an informercial came on ask "are you tired of your job. Do you have a boring job you hate" kinda along those lines and he kept saying yes and stop picking on him and then the guy on tv said we have the cure for you. Drink Alcohol.

Page 3122 of 3473 FirstFirst ... 2122 2622 3022 3072 311231203121312231233124 3132 3172 3222 ... LastLast