+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: The randomly off topic thread

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Orby I love the way you talk just saying
...
  1. #60981
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,051
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

    Orby I love the way you talk just saying

  2. #60982
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Don't be a smart aleck and I won't be flippantly literal in response. And no, I don't think you're stupid.



    Connect zee iPhone to zee iMac, open Xcode, and look at the Console while trying to respring. See if it tells you anything useful (like OH **** SBSETTINGS R TEH B0RKED! or something).
    I was serious about the usefulness of the diagnostic thing. Never had noticed that before wasn't being sarcastic about that

  3. #60983
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,680
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 570 Times in 521 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I was serious about the usefulness of the diagnostic thing. Never had noticed that before wasn't being sarcastic about that
    -blinks twice-

    -looks at message again-

    Wow, I read sarcasm into that? I need to get out more.

    <3 I'm sorry for being unnecessarily surly.

  4. #60984
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,409
    Thanks
    3,700
    Thanked 9,607 Times in 5,895 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I know u think I'm stupid but I have been able to connect the dots to figure that out

  5. #60985
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    The first image looks like a steak.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    -blinks twice-

    -looks at message again-

    Wow, I read sarcasm into that? I need to get out more.

    <3 I'm sorry for being unnecessarily surly.
    It's cool man

  6. #60986
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,409
    Thanks
    3,700
    Thanked 9,607 Times in 5,895 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post


    Connect zee iPhone to zee iMac, open Xcode, and look at the Console while trying to respring. See if it tells you anything useful (like OH **** SBSETTINGS R TEH B0RKED! or something).


    Huh, it's SBSettings, wtf. I had just restored fresh, added SBSettings, hit respring, zappo..........wtf. Now why 1 phoneage?
    How to fix is the question of the day.

  7. #60987
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post


    Huh, it's SBSettings, wtf. I had just restored fresh, added SBSettings, hit respring, zappo..........wtf. Now why 1 phoneage?
    How to fix is the question of the day.
    Maybe it's a new version of SBSettings? I don't have any problems with it...

    I rarely open Cydia to check for updates so I have no idea.

  8. #60988
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,051
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

    Sbsettings is causing the issue very weird.

  9. #60989
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,999
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Don't be a smart aleck and I won't be flippantly literal in response. And no, I don't think you're stupid.



    Connect zee iPhone to zee iMac, open Xcode, and look at the Console while trying to respring. See if it tells you anything useful (like OH **** SBSETTINGS R TEH B0RKED! or something).
    Lol, you just gave me reminder on how to see what is causing my wifes phone to keep crashing on her.

  10. #60990
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,409
    Thanks
    3,700
    Thanked 9,607 Times in 5,895 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Maybe it's a new version of SBSettings? I don't have any problems with it...

    I rarely open Cydia to check for updates so I have no idea.
    Haz same version on all phones. Uncle.......I give. Come on iP5

  11. #60991
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,051
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Lol, you just gave me reminder on how to see what is causing my wifes phone to keep crashing on her.
    Very cool indeed never knew that.

  12. #60992
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Haz same version on all phones. Uncle.......I give. Come on iP5
    Not to be obvious... But why not just uninstall SBSettings? Or does the problem Still continue?

  13. #60993
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,409
    Thanks
    3,700
    Thanked 9,607 Times in 5,895 Posts

    Something is causing it to crash, wow, no SBSettings, I use it everyday, ouch.
    Restoring again, this time on my MBP ( try another 'puter just for sh1ts and giggles) almost finished, then I'll try it again. Now serving number 6, number 6 please...........hrumph

  14. #60994
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,680
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 570 Times in 521 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Something is causing it to crash, wow, no SBSettings, I use it everyday, ouch.
    Restoring again, this time on my MBP ( try another 'puter just for sh1ts and giggles) almost finished, then I'll try it again. Now serving number 6, number 6 please...........hrumph
    I'm smelling a hardware issue now... Apple Store replaces unlocked phones with other unlocked phones, BTW.

  15. #60995
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,409
    Thanks
    3,700
    Thanked 9,607 Times in 5,895 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I'm smelling a hardware issue now... Apple Store replaces unlocked phones with other unlocked phones, BTW.
    How can you do a respring on a non jailbroken phone?

    or is it even possible? EVO was about to tell me but I think he just got busy.

  16. #60996
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,334
    Thanks
    6,707
    Thanked 15,012 Times in 6,922 Posts

    Change language

    Settings/general/international/language

    Change it to British English then change it back.

  17. #60997
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,409
    Thanks
    3,700
    Thanked 9,607 Times in 5,895 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Change language
    Apple store here we come, same deal, locks up even not jail busted. Thanks everyone. This has been consuming my little OCD mind for days now. Somehow I don't really feel any better, ticked off would be the word.

  18. #60998
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,334
    Thanks
    6,707
    Thanked 15,012 Times in 6,922 Posts

    Weird. I wonder what hardware would cause that to happen.

  19. #60999
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,409
    Thanks
    3,700
    Thanked 9,607 Times in 5,895 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Weird. I wonder what hardware would cause that to happen.
    I know. So many hours spent, thought for sure it was a mobile substrate issue. This kind of stuff only happens to me. KMN...

  20. #61000
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,680
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 570 Times in 521 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Weird. I wonder what hardware would cause that to happen.
    Possibly a busted register or a broken BSD device file (e.g., /dev/klog). Something that doesn't run on startup, but does on halt...

    Anyway, this might be a very hard sell to an Apple "genius." Say you're trying to change the language and it's hanging on switch after DFU restore?

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

    blkcadi (07-29-2012)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts