Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The randomly off topic thread

Thanks
    Thanked 15,464 Times in 7,082 Posts

Put some new light fixtures up in my kitchen today. First time for me, that was fun.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Apple Iphone 4 32 GIG (Sealed)

must be nice to win one of these and not even want it
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Howd they win it?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 10,045 Times in 6,136 Posts

flippin' hot as hella last couple of days. Sad thing is I didn't even feel good enough to take the boat to the lake today. Blah...................

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Howd they win it?
    hellifiknow. isn't mine.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Simon you out here... lol

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

ttooofffffyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZOMG! MUAH!

missed uuuuuuu

Don't need to get lippy one1
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Simon you out here... lol
    Yeeeees

Thanks

toothy has been under the weather lately again... damn it!

Thanks

Thanks

Simon... at first my sig and such was not showing up when posting... don't ask why but now see it... but don't see those little yahoo icons and such now... was just going to ask you if I needed to set something since the site changed...

one1 I missed you to!

And I hope and pray that I don't have to keep going through what I have been... WTF!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Simon... at first my sig and such was not showing up when posting... don't ask why but now see it... but don't see those little yahoo icons and such now... was just going to ask you if I needed to set something since the site changed...

one1 I missed you to!

And I hope and pray that I don't have to keep going through what I have been... WTF!
    Not sure why that would happen. Although Kyle and Cody have been editing and fixing things live so that could explain any weird things that may happen. Or you may have accidentally uncecked the show signature box when posting. My money is on Kyle/Cody fixing things though.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,045 Times in 6,136 Posts

^that would be my guess also.

Hi toothy, sorry your feeling icky kiddo.

Thanks

Kids, one of the things Juan became a household name for was being an electronics whiz. An electrical engineer who owns a firm devoted to Lexus, but likes to dabble in all forms of electronics. One of my claims to fame was developing a technology design that Lexus and Nippendenso could not find a way to overcome. It was infact, the beginning of my career.

I have been kind of out of the loop thanks to sickness, many here know what I mean.... when you miss entire months at a time. I lost some of the confidence that makes me so damn good at what I do.

Today went well, I had some fun even roller bladed for a while. Felt decent for the first time in months. So tonight I sat down with the iphone 4 and broke out the big stuff to try and "JUAN1" it over a little.

So after some honey buns, a few cups of coffee, almost throwing it against the wall 5 or 6 frustrating times, I have finally probed the prox sensor using a lumens algorithm to which I wrote on the spot so I could tell if the changes I made worked by reading the oScope. This means I could "target" the number I needed to see when making adjustments so I would KNOW the prox would work when I hit that number. This also means that if you are not ME sitting on this machine, none of this will mean anything to you because it was written for this equipment at this settings in the heat of the moment. So basically I can do this 1,000 times, but the numbers wouldn't mean "richard" to you if you tried to duplicate them on your oScope.

What this means to ME is that for the second time in my career (first was the Lexus patent), I have done something I have no way of having mass duplicated unless I do it myself.

Enough boring chatter, end result........

Last edited by one1; 05-28-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    You sexy beast. Measuring when the sensor tripped by watching the voltage pattern wave change? How'd you adjust the calibration for Lumens detection on the phone side?

Thanks

you can't, well not in a realistic "do it more than once per week" kind of way if you intend to repair them since it is programmed at a microprocessor level. So new solution found to control the sensor and hit the magic number was very tight control from the front of the sensor using FIBER. Neat little trick I came up with since fiber is transparent, yet distorts the light from head on impacts with the sensor. Distortion baby..... it ain't just for speakers no mo, joe.

Thanks

you can't, well not in a realistic "do it more than once per week" kind of way if you intend to repair them since it is programmed at a microprocessor level. So new solution found to control the sensor and hit the magic number was very tight control from the front of the sensor using FIBER. Neat little trick I came up with since fiber is transparent, yet distorts the light from head on impacts with the sensor. Distortion baby..... it ain't just for speakers no mo, joe.
    ...that is brilliant. I would never thought of using a fiber tunnel of sorts to control photons bouncing off the sensor. Though you'll have to manually adjust the tunnels for opacity/position, hopefully somebody will discover where the calibration is occurring (either dedicated micro or application processor) and will able to adjust it through software to control the hardware more efficiently.

If you or I weren't male (and I wasn't hideously unattractive) I'd implore you to mate with me so our progeny could be so smart as to hack **** with their minds.

Thanks

I loves me some science I come up with the stuff the other engineers don't get out of the box and think about. If you are having a lighting issue, and controlling the lighting is only minimally masking the issue then control the lighting on a whole new level...... distort that shiz boy!

The issue is reflectivity back to the sensor. The sensor see's the light, then see's the reflection off the back of the white faceplate. It's getting two signals. You have to slow the second wave down or it will confuse the sensor.

The proper way to do so is to distort the light. If you distort it, it cannot hit the sensor head on and confuse it when reflecting. I prefer using fine fiber to line the sensor face. trial and error for you until you find sweet spot since you will be doing it without measuring for lumens.

Once you have the proper amount of fiber the sensor will being working as it should. You are using the round fiber strands to distort the light, not to block it so just trying to stick anything in front of the sensor is defeating the purpose.

This is the actual proper fix for the issue as the kudge fix's only mask the light reflectivity issue and results vary in different lighting conditions. Distorting it is the be all end all fix as it should be.

To add, the fix came oddly enough from my experience with digital logic gates. Everyone who has worked with gates (nor, NAND, and, or, xnor, etc....) knows that to use them you have to build a multivibrator circuit with a debouncing switch or the circuit will ring and confuse the gate. I figured the sensor was the gate and the reflections were my ringing so I went on that suspicion and BAM.....
    Last edited by one1; 05-29-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Thanks

I loves me some science I come up with the stuff the other engineers don't get out of the box and think about. If you are having a lighting issue, and controlling the lighting is only minimally masking the issue then control the lighting on a whole new level...... distort that shiz boy!

The issue is reflectivity back to the sensor. The sensor see's the light, then see's the reflection off the back of the white faceplate. It's getting two signals. You have to slow the second wave down or it will confuse the sensor.

The proper way to do so is to distort the light. If you distort it, it cannot hit the sensor head on and confuse it when reflecting. I prefer using fine fiber to line the sensor face. trial and error for you until you find sweet spot since you will be doing it without measuring for lumens.

Once you have the proper amount of fiber the sensor will being working as it should. You are using the round fiber strands to distort the light, not to block it so just trying to stick anything in front of the sensor is defeating the purpose.

This is the actual proper fix for the issue as the kudge fix's only mask the light reflectivity issue and results vary in different lighting conditions. Distorting it is the be all end all fix as it should be.

To add, the fix came oddly enough from my experience with digital logic gates. Everyone who has worked with gates (nor, NAND, and, or, xnor, etc....) knows that to use them you have to build a multivibrator circuit with a debouncing switch or the circuit will ring and confuse the gate. I figured the sensor was the gate and the reflections were my ringing so I went on that suspicion and BAM.....
    Distortion of the reflection should work well, though it may fizzle in low-light situations... it'll be interesting to see how the sensor behaves (and ambient light detection is that same sensor, isn't it)?

--Apropos to nothing: I hate having a female cousin that:

1) is my age
    2) is hot
    3) is richer than hell
    4) drives a manual Audi R8 (V8) and has turned in a sub-13 second quarter driving it
    5) knows who The Stig is
    6) knows that there have been three Stigs, and knows that I'm talking about UK Top Gear (aka best Top Gear).

Life likes rubbing it in my face, doesn't it?

Page 2118 of 3454 FirstFirst ... 1118 1618 2018 2068 210821162117211821192120 2128 2168 2218 2618 3118 ... LastLast