Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The randomly off topic thread

Thanks

What's up orb?

Thanks

Not a lot man, how y'all doing?

Thanks

I'm doing good. I think it's just me around it's kinda late.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    I'm doing good. I think it's just me around it's kinda late.
    I would imagine.

Sometimes cer0 or SB pop in (work), occasionally one1. This forum dies at about 0700 GMT like clockwork.

Thanks

Yeah I noticed that. I'm just kinda helping out where I can not much going on tho.

I got those ps3 done and today sold the one that had the busted drive. Payed $25 for the ps3 (thick of course), replaced br drive, and put the 250gb drive I used to have in mine in it, and sold it today for $250. Then the kid brings it back like WTF the online doesn't work wanting his money back. Tookme almost an hour to convince him it was sony not a shady ps3. People are stupid sometimes.

Thanks

Yeah I noticed that. I'm just kinda helping out where I can not much going on tho.

I got those ps3 done and today sold the one that had the busted drive. Payed $25 for the ps3 (thick of course), replaced br drive, and put the 250gb drive I used to have in mine in it, and sold it today for $250. Then the kid brings it back like WTF the online doesn't work wanting his money back. Tookme almost an hour to convince him it was sony not a shady ps3. People are stupid sometimes.
    It's a feeling I am most intimate with.

The only time(s) I generally feel like not being a douchey sourpuss and telling someone to RTFM are late at night--where the traffic is very light and I'm mostly replying to threads that never received a response earlier in the day.

Partially, this is due to our excellent moderation staff (particularly Simon, West, Annie, and Yeow) answering most questions very well, very fully, very politely, and very promptly after an inquiry. Also, this is due to me being (as noted) a total callous *****.

EDIT: Wow. Just wow. And Sony is under far more duress in that realm than they let on.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (05-13-2011)

Thanks

You seem fine to me. Yeah those guys are on it. I try to help where I can.

Edit: Oh yeah I still think they gave no clue as to what really went on and happened, or even when it started. It shouldn't have taken them this long to "increase" security and move it to a different facility. Sounds to me more like a ground up rewrite than implementing security and moving facilities.

Thanks

You seem fine to me. Yeah those guys are on it. I try to help where I can.

Edit: Oh yeah I still think they gave no clue as to what really went on and happened, or even when it started. It shouldn't have taken them this long to "increase" security and move it to a different facility. Sounds to me more like a ground up rewrite than implementing security and moving facilities.
    Their PSN authentication server (auth.np.ac.playstation.net) has changed its A record no less than eleven times in the past week, all inside the same /16 CIDR block. It's currently announcing one BGP route--the company that owns that CIDR block prides themselves on having no fewer than four routes available at any one time.

EDIT: And this is /after/ the two previous (known) breaches. And this server receives no "legitimate" traffic at the moment; as their entire store network is down, and they're not even trying to bring it up yet.

EDIT2: I slag on Sony for bad security a lot, but the authoritative DNS servers for the control of their "SO-NET"? All but one of the A records are in the 10.0.0.0/8 block--aka private space. The rest of their domains are no better--three separate DNS providers for four major domains. What a logistical nightmare.
    Last edited by Orby; 05-13-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    Their PSN authentication server (auth.np.ac.playstation.net) has changed its A record no less than eleven times in the past week, all inside the same /16 CIDR block. It's currently announcing one BGP route--the company that owns that CIDR block prides themselves on having no fewer than four routes available at any one time.

EDIT: And this is /after/ the two previous (known) breaches. And this server receives no "legitimate" traffic at the moment; as their entire store network is down, and they're not even trying to bring it up yet.
    See I knew about the changes to the records but didn't know that about the owners of the block. I've been keeping an eye on it to. Everyone says oh it'll be back shortly but you can't explain stuff like that to a normal person. Once you start seeing servers come back up is when it's getting close is all I can say reAlly.

Thanks

See I knew about the changes to the records but didn't know that about the owners of the block. I've been keeping an eye on it to. Everyone says oh it'll be back shortly but you can't explain stuff like that to a normal person. Once you start seeing servers come back up is when it's getting close is all I can say reAlly.
    The funny thing is, though, that's not their server. It's Prolexic's. For an anti-DDoS company who brags about having "dozens of BGP tables across several tier-1 ISPs" and "150 Gb/s 'attack' bandwidth" the fact they have to keep juggling the Sony servers they DO have and are announcing one route is pathetic.

The "true" (read: old) Sony PSN servers were all in Japan, with assignments from either 198.106.0.0/15 or 211.125.136.0/21.

Though a lot of their old content-delivery servers have moved onto Akamai, which means bringing them down is now nigh-impossible.

Thanks

Wow you know alot about this. See I how how it works and where to look for progress (from a networking pov) but didn't look into the owners of the block and all their claims. See with the juggling of the servers and only one route caused me to draw the conclusion that they really had there hands full and it would be delayed way longer than they put on. It's crazy to think about it now I'll try keep this short and simple. That's a ton of bandwidth you know how much you would have to throw at that to to even think about crippling it. (with 4 backbones/routes 150/s x 4 that's insane) I can remember when 150/s would bring the best of them down now it's 4 x that to one host. It's probably just some simple exploit with a payload of a root shell was obtained to be honest tho.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I still need a laser for my 60gb BC fat, find me a cheapie (KEM400)

best i have is http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-KES-400A-KE...item3a5e907992
    Last edited by one1; 05-13-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Ok I'll do my best gimme a couple hours I'll report back.

Thanks

So far it looks as if $60 is going to be about right for one on the net but I've got a couple more options. There's 2 pawn shop owners I know and work with that might have a whole parts machine I couldget cheaper. That's usually how I do it. I've got one that's been dropped but I'd have to test the laser in it before I could tell you if it works or not.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    Partially, this is due to our excellent moderation staff (particularly Simon, West, Annie, and Yeow) answering most questions very well, very fully, very politely, and very promptly after an inquiry.
    Yes sir, they do a wonderful job, as others do too.
    Lots also goes on behind the scenes that goes unnoticed.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 05-13-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Broomhead would be the behind the scenes guy. Dude does tons of stuff that goes unseen to the regular person.

Thanks

So far it looks as if $60 is going to be about right for one on the net but I've got a couple more options. There's 2 pawn shop owners I know and work with that might have a whole parts machine I couldget cheaper. That's usually how I do it. I've got one that's been dropped but I'd have to test the laser in it before I could tell you if it works or not.
    LMK

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Broomhead would be the behind the scenes guy. Dude does tons of stuff that goes unseen to the regular person.
    Broomhead is God. Never forget that. EveryJUAN1 should know.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yup and mirrormind is another guy that is a ghost to most
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

^I would put it a bit different. But Jeff does a great job also.

Thanks

I heard that Cadi was left alone one night trying to redecorate the Staff Area in lime green walls and electric blue text. People said no.

Page 2043 of 3474 FirstFirst ... 1043 1543 1943 1993 203320412042204320442045 2053 2093 2143 2543 3043 ... LastLast