Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: The randomly off topic thread

  1. #35381
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    47,744
    Thanks
    7,488
    Thanked 16,487 Times in 7,516 Posts

    I'll tell Apple to shove it up their azz if they try and relock my factory unlocked i4 because of this. I didnt spend big bucks for nothing.

  2. #35382
    I dont think they will i dont think they are going to go through millions of imeis to find the ones that got added

  3. #35383
    you tell'em Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  4. #35384
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    47,744
    Thanks
    7,488
    Thanked 16,487 Times in 7,516 Posts

    Nah me neither. If this isnt legit I think the only thing they can realistically do is just cut it off to stop new ones from getting unlocked. Would cause way too much controversy if they were to start relocking them.

  5. #35385
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,851
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 699 Times in 594 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    I dont think they will i dont think they are going to go through millions of imeis to find the ones that got added
    All the more reason to lock 'em all and sort through the aftermath later.

    Simon, y'all would be cool because you can prove you bought your iPhone factory-unlocked (right)? A receipt with model number (for certain countries) and price (for the countries that offer both locked and unlocked models) should exonerate you.

    If it doesn't, I give you full permission to go postal on Apple, and I hope the blackhats of the world give Apple all sorts of hell.

  6. #35386
    Yeah with all the bst from them

  7. #35387
    I actually might buy a new iPhone 4 from att if Mes posts back good results
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  8. #35388
    I would do it quick if it comes back ok

  9. #35389
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    47,744
    Thanks
    7,488
    Thanked 16,487 Times in 7,516 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    All the more reason to lock 'em all and sort through the aftermath later.

    Simon, y'all would be cool because you can prove you bought your iPhone factory-unlocked (right)? A receipt with model number (for certain countries) and price (for the countries that offer both locked and unlocked models) should exonerate you.

    If it doesn't, I give you full permission to go postal on Apple, and I hope the blackhats of the world give Apple all sorts of hell.
    Apple would never do that. Imagine the s*** storm that would cause if they were to start doing that to legit factory unlocked iPhones as well (yes mine is legit, and I do have proof of purchase directly from apple uk).

  10. #35390
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,317
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    I wanna give my mom the iPad she bought me for Xmas, but I want her to have the 2 so she can video chat with my iMac. SOOOOO I propose anyone wanting a good deal listen.... I have a 3 month old iPad I got at Xmas, 32GB WIFI, with Apple case, 10 months Applecare, will swap for a 16gb wifi iPad2. "FYI"


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0006.jpg  

  11. #35391
    Yeah i doubt they do anything at all

  12. #35392
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,851
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 699 Times in 594 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Apple would never do that. Imagine the s*** storm that would cause if they were to start doing that to legit factory unlocked iPhones as well (yes mine is legit, and I do have proof of purchase directly from apple uk).
    Maybe they already are... anecdotal evidence, and unsubstantiated, but perhaps cause for alarm.

  13. #35393
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    47,744
    Thanks
    7,488
    Thanked 16,487 Times in 7,516 Posts

    I don't see anything there that directly translates to this situation. Those cases seem like bugs or errors on apples part.

  14. #35394

  15. #35395
    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I wanna give my mom the iPad she bought me for Xmas, but I want her to have the 2 so she can video chat with my iMac. SOOOOO I propose anyone wanting a good deal listen.... I have a 3 month old iPad I got at Xmas, 32GB WIFI, with Apple case, 10 months Applecare, will swap for a 16gb wifi iPad2. "FYI"


    I'm listening
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  16. #35396

  17. #35397
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,317
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by STRAYunINFIDEL View Post
    I'm listening
    I have spoken.

  18. #35398
    Nevermind lol didn't read the rest, I'd actually trade you but i still can't get my iPad2
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  19. #35399
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,317
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    watchu waiting on? I don't actually read your posts I just pretend.

  20. #35400
    Thats the thing I looked at ipad then saw pictures thought buy

Page 1770 of 3542 FirstFirst ... 770 1270 1670 1720 176017681769177017711772 1780 1820 1870 2270 2770 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •