+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The randomly off topic thread

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Lol i wouldnt mind it
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,876 Times in 2,215 Posts

Lol i wouldnt mind it
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Hire me!

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    Lol i wouldnt mind it
    I wouldn't mind a million in sales from you.

Thanks

If that one dude 250k in a month i am sure i could do way more than a mil

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

If that one dude 250k in a month i am sure i could do way more than a mil
    I will pay you the same as I pay him, a 10% commission on all sales and quarterly bonuses for exceeding sales goals.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Mine did the same thing until I downloaded About SwitchResX

Now even though my 32" is natively 720p I am comfortably outputting at:

My display will just not go above 1280x1024 now, no matter how hard I push it. SwitchResX just says "not installed--invalid?" on any custom resolution higher than that--trying to pass the argument with com.apple.Boot.plist just results in a black screen. It's definitely not my GPU, as it's reporting it can handle 2 2500x1600x32@85 displays (per its specifications, without OC).

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Hire me!
    Screw that, y'all know y'all wanna hire me! I need a new job (work tonight was painful. My team, a Division 2 team, lost to a Division 10 team /who was down a player/).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I will pay you the same as I pay him, a 10% commission on all sales and quarterly bonuses for exceeding sales goals.
    Dude if you serious we need to talk lol i may be moving

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Orb, my buddy, my pal, my friend who knows all. Tell me.....why does my iPod touch 4g wifi suck big time when connected to a time capsule wifi network but works perfectly fine when connected to a wifi network created by my iPhone 4 running off of 3G? Every other device on the time capsule wifi works normally.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

You wanna sell a stapler? I'll show you how to sell a stapler. Watch this........

ONE1- "do you have a stapler currently?"

Boss- "no, but I use my wife's when I need one"

ONE1- You use your wife's, eh? How's your relationship with her?

Boss- What? Um... it's like any other I guess.

ONE1- So you argue about things sometimes, right?

Boss- Well yes all couples have some arguments.

ONE1- So it is possible to say that it's not a perfect marriage and someday you and your wife MIGHT not see eye to eye anymore right?

Boss- Well, I guess..... we work things out when we argue though.

ONE1- Right but that's because both of you are making good money right now since she's a Regional Manager and you're a Store Manager of a big box company. Has things ever been tighter on money with you two?

Boss- Sure, we had a rough start and argued about money a lot.... lol... hell we almost got divorced the first year just from money problems. Those were the days........

ONE1- Ok so with the current economy 10 major corporations just closed and 112 others just eliminated their higher paid workforce to bring in younger talent cheaper wouldn't it be reasonable to think that this time next year she and you will be fighting after one of you lose your job and the bills get tight again?

Boss- Yeah well I'm sure we'd argue if that happened, we always did over money.

ONE1- So the day you want to go get lunch with your friends and get out of the house and off the computer looking for a job and she starts a fight because you are spending money you don't have just to get a little peace out from under her constant nagging would it be safe to say that this might cause a potential break up if it goes on until you hate each other?

Boss- Um...ok I guess since it has happened in the past I would say it COULD happen. What does any of this have to do with this stapler?

ONE1- When her lawyer serves you with papers and you have to sit there pissed off signing the summons to court and he gives you your copy of the papers loosely that he printed off the copy machine what are you gonna do...... borrow her goddamn stapler?

Boss- "OK, I'll take it."
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Dude if you serious we need to talk lol i may be moving
    I am serious, just know that closing these size deals is very tough.

You wanna sell a stapler? I'll show you how to sell a stapler. Watch this........

ONE1- "do you have a stapler currently?"

Boss- "no, but I use my wife's when I need one"

ONE1- You use your wife's, eh? How's your relationship with her?

Boss- What? Um... it's like any other I guess.

ONE1- So you argue about things sometimes, right?

Boss- Well yes all couples have some arguments.

ONE1- So it is possible to say that it's not a perfect marriage and someday you and your wife MIGHT not see eye to eye anymore right?

Boss- Well, I guess..... we work things out when we argue though.

ONE1- Right but that's because both of you are making good money right now since she's a Regional Manager and you're a Store Manager of a big box company. Has things ever been tighter on money with you two?

Boss- Sure, we had a rough start and argued about money a lot.... lol... hell we almost got divorced the first year just from money problems. Those were the days........

ONE1- Ok so with the current economy 10 major corporations just closed and 112 others just eliminated their higher paid workforce to bring in younger talent cheaper wouldn't it be reasonable to think that this time next year she and you will be fighting after one of you lose your job and the bills get tight again?

Boss- Yeah well I'm sure we'd argue if that happened, we always did over money.

ONE1- So the day you want to go get lunch with your friends and get out of the house and off the computer looking for a job and she starts a fight because you are spending money you don't have just to get a little peace out from under her constant nagging would it be safe to say that this might cause a potential break up if it goes on until you hate each other?

Boss- Um...ok I guess since it has happened in the past I would say it COULD happen. What does any of this have to do with this stapler?

ONE1- When her lawyer serves you with papers and you have to sit there pissed off signing the summons to court and he gives you your copy of the papers loosely that he printed off the copy machine what are you gonna do...... borrow her goddamn stapler?

Boss- "OK, I'll take it."

need a job?
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 03-30-2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Orb, my buddy, my pal, my friend who knows all. Tell me.....why does my iPod touch 4g wifi suck big time when connected to a time capsule wifi network but works perfectly fine when connected to a wifi network created by my iPhone 4 running off of 3G? Every other device on the time capsule wifi works normally.

Any ideas?
    Y'all are far too generous with your compliments, lol.

The Time Capsule... what generation/size is it?

All I can think of immediately is the device is the old single-band model (5GHz) or is otherwise only broadcasting the "N" on 5GHz (which the iPT4G cannot broadcast/receive on) and therefore the iPT4G is only seeing the b/g network?

Check your DHCP access logs?

--Going to see if this boot.plist edit works for display rez. May not be back very soon, lol (at me on Twitter, I've got my phone).

Thanks

You may be receiving an email shortly

Thanks

You may be receiving an email shortly
    Sure, look forward to it. I provide quality leads.

Thanks

Awesome

Thanks

Damn, I am hungry now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    My display will just not go above 1280x1024 now, no matter how hard I push it. SwitchResX just says "not installed--invalid?" on any custom resolution higher than that--trying to pass the argument with com.apple.Boot.plist just results in a black screen. It's definitely not my GPU, as it's reporting it can handle 2 2500x1600x32@85 displays (per its specifications, without OC).
    urdoinitwrong.

There is help on the net about that error, I had to search and read it myself. You need to remember your resolution on the external can only be the mirror of the internal. SO set the internal higher than the external native and work the external in ResX to the resolution you want which is going to be close to what I have set. From there you just have to get the rest of the settings right. Google for help, it will work.

need a job?
    I quit hardcore aggressive commission sales when they wouldn't let me sell the way I needed to sell to close the deal. We all know the top salesman doesn't use the "5 steps to successful selling" handbook they pass out. They (Campo electronics) lost their top salesperson that year.

Thanks

I quit hardcore aggressive commission sales when they wouldn't let me sell the way I needed to sell to close the deal. We all know the top salesman doesn't use the "5 steps to successful selling" handbook they pass out. They (Campo electronics) lost their top salesperson that year.
    haha I love it. There is nothing more enjoyable than listening to a top-tier aggressive salesperson without restrictions go to work on a potential client. I want more hard closers

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    Y'all are far too generous with your compliments, lol.

The Time Capsule... what generation/size is it?

All I can think of immediately is the device is the old single-band model (5GHz) or is otherwise only broadcasting the "N" on 5GHz (which the iPT4G cannot broadcast/receive on) and therefore the iPT4G is only seeing the b/g network?

Check your DHCP access logs?

--Going to see if this boot.plist edit works for display rez. May not be back very soon, lol (at me on Twitter, I've got my phone).
    It's the newest dual band 1tb model. My iPhone 4 was having the same
    issues too before I updated to 4.3. The touch is still on 4.2.1. I have tried messing with settings. Restoring the iPod. No dice. Wifi slow as molasses on that wifi network. Cydia is almost unusable on it. Takes 10 minutes to download something that takes 30 seconds using my iPhone as a access point. I just don't understand why it's doing it.

Thanks

True i sell way different then most people because i look so young i mean i am young but i look 12 so i have to approach people differently and sell differently then my peers. I was also the youngest person in the district at 19 when i started the next closest was 21

Thanks

I find them to be EASIER. People nitpick the piss out of small tickets, but large tickets only need to appeal to the buyer and pass the accountant bridge. Crunch the numbers and undercut the competitor, then take the buyer out for Lobster and talk about his interests outside work for 45 minutes of the hour, then close in the last 15 minutes over a tummy full of lobster and crab.