+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: America - forced back to it's roots?

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
It's not political, it's rather simple. America used to produce the majority of products it used. Globalization brought on a cheaper, easier way to get more, faster, cheaper, easier. America
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Default America - forced back to it's roots?
    It's not political, it's rather simple. America used to produce the majority of products it used. Globalization brought on a cheaper, easier way to get more, faster, cheaper, easier. America in general used outsourcing to fund it's greed for the bottom dollar. American's suffered and prospered at the same time, in different ways.

Now America cannot afford to continue feeding other countries, it must feed itself. It may be cheaper to hire someone half a world away to answer a phone, but that money has to go back into American's pockets now.

America must build it's own pre-fabricated furniture. American's must invest in America by purchasing products made in America. Don't like the products? Tough...... do you like having land to put them on? Suck it up and invest in America. Use your voice to demand quality in exchange for your support.

Greed. That's the bottom line. Someone used to find a phone on the desk beside them and turn it into the front desk or put an ad in the paper. Now they take it home, sell it on ebay to someone who will buy it only to find it is reported stolen, and ignore the buyer when they complain. The people are just as greedy as the corporations they condemn.

America quit working and got obese. American's turned in their factory jobs for desk jobs. The asian labor in the factories (where they are still skinny and work 14 hours a day) replaced the need for Americans to GET OFF THEIR AZZ. Let America open up their factories once more and produce their products. Let America work themselves thin again..... hell, just let them work again.

In short America, put down the greed and pick up the helpful spirit again. Gain a little pride in your country instead of condemning it all the time with your words about everything that is wrong with it. You might have to get off your azz to do it, but everything will be better if you do.

Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone saifeeab's Avatar
    Thanks

thats a lot to ask of america . but what u missed out was that america should stop going to war with every god damn country it can find. first of all america needs to improve its "police of the world" image to a more benevolent one. everyone knows that when america decides to help any country it is usually in exchange for something more (mostly natural resources).

america is slowly becoming into colonial britain. in any country that american soldiers land they just stay there. its a contemporary version of colonialism, i am not sure whether the english dictionary has cioned a word for it yet (hint hint).

as u said, i think americans need to return more to the core values of being a human rather than looking at everything as dollars and percentages.

oh by the way i am not an american

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saifeeab View Post
    thats a lot to ask of america . but what u missed out was that america should stop going to war with every god damn country it can find.
    No they should not, I attack everyone head-on on RTS games and tends to work better in the long run.

They just need to conquer Papua New Guinea then we'll be business.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

all this rhetoric is giving me a headache.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

The problem with only buying American products is the fact that we would all own nothing at this point. Computers, cars, tvs, clothing... This needs to be government mandated for it to have a prayer of a chance to work. yes we need to make outselves heard, but it is LAWS that will start the change. Something as simple as a HUGE outsourcing tax would do wonders in getting things started...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    They just need to conquer Kamchatka then we'll be in business.
    Ah there, now it sounds better.
    Last edited by 461am; 10-11-2008 at 08:27 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Irkutsk is the better bet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    The problem with only buying American products is the fact that we would all own nothing at this point. Computers, cars, tvs, clothing... This needs to be government mandated for it to have a prayer of a chance to work. yes we need to make outselves heard, but it is LAWS that will start the change. Something as simple as a HUGE outsourcing tax would do wonders in getting things started...
    why? why does every1 think that outsourcing is the evil that is the cause of american misery? i agree that a percentage of americans have lost their livelihood but u r still talking a fraction of the percentage of ur population. i dont think that just outsourcing is the reason behind the property and mortgage market meltdown?

Happy Noodle boy: I really wish that the real world was like the game world. Then we would all be living "invincible mode" lives with unlimited ammunition and dont have to worry about earning our daily meal. But in real world the enemy has a tendency to usually attack with more vengenance, hatred and determination

Thanks

protectionism is not the answer. It will not only reduce productivity in America, it will also result in far bigger problems than the ones that America (and the rest of the world, by association) is suffering from.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Americans have been living on credit for too long as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the problem is that all the money spent on wars is being absorbed by American defence companies who build your bullets, missiles and tanks. These wars allow American companies to bid on contracts to rebuild infrastructure, manage oil fields and basically take in more money at the expense of tax payer dollars and lives. Sad truth but its the world we live in and don't expect the government to do much to change the way it is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    Americans have been living on credit for too long as well.
    completely agree....credit cards are the biggest evil of all. i think americans need to re-think their strategies and stop blaming others for a few lost jobs of theirs.

unlockme: that is what i tried to say in my earlier post too. the american govt.'s trigger-happy attitude and using war as a disguise of making more dollars by sucking poorer countries dry as well as wasting tax payers money is one of the reasons behind the huge monetary deficit.
    Last edited by saifeeab; 10-12-2008 at 12:53 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

saifeeab: glad to hear we are in agreement. I feel that the country and it's system is just a front for those who are in power/control the ebb and flow of capital. Citizens are tools used in war and at home through taxation. And anyone who believes republicans are sincere in lowering taxes is ignorant to the fact that it's just a ploy to win votes. our conservative government is doing the same thing here in canada, trying to win votes by lowering taxes. personally i can live with the taxes i just want someone who really cares about his/her country and the people within it to be in power. our current prime minister (stephen harper-conservative) has a campaign slogan of "we're better off with Harper". my question is what the hell is better off and why would we want better off. seriously.
    Last edited by unlockme; 10-12-2008 at 02:28 PM.