+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMi Vista Gadget

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Since I've recently gotten acquired with vista, and am really liking the gadgets, I've decided I want to make one. What though? Well I was thinking an MMi gadget. Something
    Thanks

Cool MMi Vista Gadget
    Since I've recently gotten acquired with vista, and am really liking the gadgets, I've decided I want to make one. What though? Well I was thinking an MMi gadget. Something that could keep you up to date of new apps, news, whatever. What I would like to know is what would YOU like to see in a gadget? Tomorrow my wife and I are going to the hospital to be induced for our first child so don't expect this to happen overnight, but I am ambitious about this project and will get the ball rolling very shortly. So during these next few days, post back here and let me know what features you would like to see and I'll see what I can do about creating it.
    Thanks everyone, lets make something cool.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure how well a gadget would work... MMI has alot of info on it daily. I guess you could do something with NEWS updates on the main page.

Grats with the baby
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

i like this idea and it sounds great the way it is if its possible . and congrats with the baby!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Not sure how well a gadget would work... MMI has alot of info on it daily. I guess you could do something with NEWS updates on the main page.

Grats with the baby
    Well there could actually be a few different ones, one for news, one for latest apps, themes, but I could compact them all in one and have each thing appear in a fly-out window. I think it would be real handy over having to navigate through the whole site just to do a quick check of whats what.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flopethedope View Post
    Well there could actually be a few different ones, one for news, one for latest apps, themes, but I could compact them all in one and have each thing appear in a fly-out window. I think it would be real handy over having to navigate through the whole site just to do a quick check of whats what.
    I have never been one for a flyout window, but I am sure there are people out there who like it. My next point I'd like to make is that people here are pretty Anti Vista (I am the only open Vista advocate I have seen, but that isn't to say they aren't out there). Hopefully you get a userbase, but if you are wanting to take the time to do this I would just do something YOU like since, like I said, I feel the userbase would be minimal.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Death to sziklassy! Anyhow, there's a widget for OS X, but not many use it; don't get your hopes up for Vista. Good luck though
    Last edited by dale1v; 10-09-2008 at 12:46 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Death to sziklassy! Anyhow, there's a widget for OS X, but not many use it; don't get your hopes up for Vista. Good luck though
    I rest my case

Thanks

You can create your own Vista Gadgets? I didn't know that
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

I have never been one for a flyout window, but I am sure there are people out there who like it. My next point I'd like to make is that people here are pretty Anti Vista (I am the only open Vista advocate I have seen, but that isn't to say they aren't out there). Hopefully you get a userbase, but if you are wanting to take the time to do this I would just do something YOU like since, like I said, I feel the userbase would be minimal.
    I like my Vista 64 very much. I have always wanted a Mac though. Regardless of which is better I just like having different stuff than everyone else and I don't even think anyone in my school has even seen a Mac in person....

I do have a question about Macs, does iTunes run better on it than Windows? It seems to hate any Windows machine. It takes a good 8 seconds to open on my brand new laptop. Duo processor and all. On my old desktop it would take about 34... Yes, I did time them lmao.

On topic: I don't like flyout windows either... I hate splash screens too. Just open the program; don't give me a dumb screen telling me the program I just double-clicked on is opening....
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

lol i like vista. i didnt at first but it does work fairly well and i also like the gadgets and my mac like dock at the top. It still is missing some things from xp i liked but its not as bad as every one says it is. I wouldnt recomend to go buy it but if you get a new computer and cant downgrade for free.

I would like a gadget with may news and new apps and themes. How bout a cydia gadget that lets u see all the new packages that would be neat. Cheers and good luck with da baby

PS: OOO and yes itunes runs much much better on a Mac than in windows, like way better, it actually opens when you click on it. lol
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Thanks

Well I'm sure there are a few others around who might use it. I think the fly out windows can be really handy so you don't have to open your browser unless you want to. What suggestion would you have though rather than a fly out?

Quote Originally Posted by SharpieBandit View Post
    I like my Vista 64 very much. I have always wanted a Mac though. Regardless of which is better I just like having different stuff than everyone else and I don't even think anyone in my school has even seen a Mac in person....

I do have a question about Macs, does iTunes run better on it than Windows? It seems to hate any Windows machine. It takes a good 8 seconds to open on my brand new laptop. Duo processor and all. On my old desktop it would take about 34... Yes, I did time them lmao.

On topic: I don't like flyout windows either... I hate splash screens too. Just open the program; don't give me a dumb screen telling me the program I just double-clicked on is opening....
    I could do it so all you have to do is hover over a heading such as news, apps, etc. so there would be no clicking whatsoever unless you wanted to open it in your browser.

btw, itunes opens in 3 seconds for me

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    lol i like vista. i didnt at first but it does work fairly well and i also like the gadgets and my mac like dock at the top. It still is missing some things from xp i liked but its not as bad as every one says it is. I wouldnt recomend to go buy it but if you get a new computer and cant downgrade for free.

I would like a gadget with may news and new apps and themes. How bout a cydia gadget that lets u see all the new packages that would be neat. Cheers and good luck with da baby

PS: OOO and yes itunes runs much much better on a Mac than in windows, like way better, it actually opens when you click on it. lol
    A cydia gadget would be pretty cool actually. I would have to either run a server that checks all repos every x minutes, or make it a user operated thing that it only checks when you want it to, or automate it every x minutes. I'll look into that, as I know at one point in time installer was throttling everyone's refresh times to reduce server lag. I don't know if that was an installer decision or something the repo owners pushed onto installer (nullriver, ripdev).

In other news, I'm still at the hospital waiting on the baby. We've been here for 42 hours now and she hasn't progressed entirely too much but her water finally broke so he'll be here soon! Again, don't expect me to start working on this until after the baby comes but it'll be in due time.

Thanks

I don;t really have a suggestion for a flyout. I guess what I am saying is I don't foresee many people using it. Here's to hoping I am wrong!