Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BlackBerry Storm

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default BlackBerry Storm
    Sorry, didn;t know where to post this....

Just saw the blackberry storm commercial, which prompted me to hop onto youtube. Our commercial is weak compared to the UK (it's on vodaphone I think that's UK). Anyway, looks hot and should be coming by the end of the month from what I read. What do you all think?

Vodaphone ad:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stzqLqBUECc]YouTube - BlackBerry Storm Ad from Vodafone[/ame]

Verizon Wireless ad:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrVgXt12lOY]YouTube - Verizon BlackBerry Storm Commercial (Better Quality)[/ame]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Im a big Blackberry fan...and this phone looks to be a killer.

I'll move the thread....we'll send it to "chit chat".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Im a big Blackberry fan...and this phone looks to be a killer.

I'll move the thread....we'll send it to "chit chat".
    Thanks... I used to be able to see the chit chat but I no longer can :/
    Not sure why?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^^Really, thats odd. But then again we have been experiencing a few bugs here and there since all the changes happening lately.

Thanks

wow, such hate, only 1 comment, JEEEEEEZZZZZZ

^^ lol. The storm looks to be the first worthy competitor to the iPhone. But this is prelim, we'll have to re-examine after a month or so to see how well recieved it was.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    ^^ lol. The storm looks to be the first worthy competitor to the iPhone. But this is prelim, we'll have to re-examine after a month or so to see how well recieved it was.
    Yes it will definitely compete!!!

however 2 things hurting it....

the base plan (vzw) is $10 more than ATT's iPhone totalling $79.99/month AND you are limited to 5 gigs download/month

no wifi... this was just a stupid move IMO

Thanks

Also They say the screen is a big button! You have to Press down REALLY hard to get it to do something!
    I no like blackberrys
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marsman478 View Post
    Also They say the screen is a big button! You have to Press down REALLY hard to get it to do something!
    I no like blackberrys
    Dunno about REALLY hard... but yeah you do need to push down from what I read.... I am eager to check it out.

the rim commercial said print was an option after taking a pic
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

Quote Originally Posted by wgm214 View Post
    the rim commercial said print was an option after taking a pic
    Probably thanks to BT.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

looks cool, i have never been a fan of the bb. well not since i got my iphone, before that I had a moto q9h. worst phone i have ever owned.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I love BB's. This would be cool if it had WiFi.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

Thanks

its really odd they didnt add wifi. dang even toasters have wifi now!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryantron View Post
    its really odd they didnt add wifi. dang even toasters have wifi now!
    they claim there wasn't enough room for wifi... that might be a dealbreaker for me, really. I have bad 3G VZW reception in my house... I don;t want to walk outside to download stuff. SUre you can download it and then use the BlackBerry installer thing via USB but that just seems like an unnecessary step. Ah well, can;t have it all with any device it seems, lol

my friends upgrading his verizon plan in a week, no wifi sucks, is there another good verizon phone for him?
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

it's funny that BlackBerry said "screw you" to their users and denied them a touch screen until the iPhone started destroying everything in it's path ..... then it was
    "OH, you said touch screen, no we'll do that for you - we thought you said something else".

Now it acts and looks like an iphone interface, yet lacks key features necessary like WIFI (I mean, WTF?). Blackberry is one of only three contenders and without WIFI, they aren't even in the race.

FAIL.

Looks like it'll be up to HTC and Google to duke it out for SECOND PLACE.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Still no news on release date

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah.... There's no WiFi? I'm not even going to consider it. I couldn't stand only being able to use a data plan...
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Thanks

Consensus? No WiFi seems to be killing this phone, at least for us MMI users

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast