+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Woes of My Online English Course

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
So in the first few weeks of school my teacher managed to "lose" my journals, a 50 point grade, and the ENTIRE classes essay. The essay she said that she
    Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Woes of My Online English Course
    So in the first few weeks of school my teacher managed to "lose" my journals, a 50 point grade, and the ENTIRE classes essay. The essay she said that she had "hid" from herself and my journals, she just flat out refuses to admit she lost them. I even have the saved copy of my email sending it to her!

Anyway to prove my point take a look at the attached image. Obviously she doesn't know her days either because she posted "Wednesday Announcements" on Tuesday.... Plus she admits forgetting to put the upload box for our latest essay assignment up. Its due in two days so at least I can say she got it up before it was actually due. She HAS had to give us an extension because she completely forgot to do the same thing about 3 weeks ago.

Anyway this is my rant because it is only a month and a half into the year and the teacher is completely computer illiterate. She gave us a link to a site that focused on learning to do tasks as simple as cutting and pasting...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Woes of My Online English Course-englishteachersforgetfulness.jpg  
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol sucks for yoouuuu. I'm in x
    Eighth grade and my English teacher is frickin crazy. Whenever you sharpen a pencil, she screams. Literally. And she says that we all should reside in "binderland" and doesn't let us use flex folders. She also calls us scholars instead of students and calls our classroom the den of scholars. She calls pencil misty gray and is obsessed with MLA format. Literally obsessed.

Thanks

Um I take back my class sucking. I'd rather a stupid teacher than a wackjob.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

The downfall of students is the idiots teaching them. Micromanaging a class into enough scrutiny to want to pull a handgun doesn't exactly produce A students. There's a right way to teach. It isn't being overly picky and stern, and it isn't being completely loose and free flowing. It isn't by definition any way, it's what works and what works is defined by too many variables. What screws it up is when teachers try to over define it and think it out instead of letting it ride and working within the environment that exists in itself rather than trying to change it into something no one is interested in.

Translation: Some people suck.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    The downfall of students is the idiots teaching them. Micromanaging a class into enough scrutiny to want to pull a handgun doesn't exactly produce A students. There's a right way to teach. It isn't being overly picky and stern, and it isn't being completely loose and free flowing. It isn't by definition any way, it's what works and what works is defined by too many variables. What screws it up is when teachers try to over define it and think it out instead of letting it ride and working within the environment that exists in itself rather than trying to change it into something no one is interested in.

Translation: Some people suck.
    I had to show our telecommunications/web design/all around technology teacher how to pull up the command prompt....

Oh and she couldn't find the history button on Firefox, it had a stock theme still btw.

Thanks

Omfg your school is retarded. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bteamer View Post
    Omfg your school is retarded. lol
    I know. As I just posted in another thread, I highly doubt if most of the school has even heard of Apple except for the iPhone and iPods. I really want a Mac computer just to show them that Windows isn't all that exists.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SharpieBandit View Post
    I had to show our telecommunications/web design/all around technology teacher how to pull up the command prompt....
    It's the oldest saying out there... "If you can't do, teach".

Thanks

Why are you even calling it a school? Call it something along the lines of "cesspit".
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    An american phenomenon.

Thanks

lmao @ cesspit

Thanks

lmao the cesspit was hilarious. I dunno. They all pretty much suck with technology. The other day the teacher(command prompt one again) found out that you could swap pieces in different computers. I was like "yeeaahh....."