+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple stores not taking cash?

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I was at an apple store the other night to pick up another Iphone. I was gonna pay with good old greenbacks. One of the managers told me you can't
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Apple stores not taking cash?
    I was at an apple store the other night to pick up another Iphone. I was gonna pay with good old greenbacks. One of the managers told me you can't pay with cash anymore corp. policy. No Iphones can be purchased with cash. Has to be a credit/debit card or with apple gift cards. No big deal I said!(whipped out my black american expresss) NOT REALLY! (just dreaming) I laughed cause I never had cash be denied before anywhere that I purchase goods or services. Anyway maybe this is something apple has been doing for some time now and is old news. I just thought it was pretty wild! LOL

Thanks

HUH??? No cash?? WTF is that all about? Hhaha! Weird, I have never heard of that either! WOW!! Now cash is not good enough??

UGH!! Apple is pissing me off with all their crap! BUT, I STILL LOVE MY IPHONE!!

Well, that's good to know, since I have already dropped my iphone about 4 times, next time, I'm sure I will be at the store buying a new one, so I guess I better not forget to take MY black American Express! Hhahaha I wish too!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

It's because of the low value of the Dollar, and now Apple only take credit cards or Euros in their US stores
    To live, you have to lie

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah this is crap....just because they want to track the purchase...you should always be able to use cash!
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

Green Apple
    Thanks

yep this happen to me also... but i flip they had to call the police to take me out the store....

iPhone? More like MyPhone makesmoves's Avatar
    Thanks

assuming that the generational gap between us all is relatively small; I will say 3 things. First Wake the hell up!!!!; to what once was slowly but now is rapidly happening here and abroad and how its all tied in to the same thing. Two; get angry about it especially because it is natural to get angry about it. Thirdly research it for your self and know that the world is but a stage and people only seem for the most part to live on level one. Yes there is a rabbit hole. Read. Listen. Learn. No Seriously. Webster Tarpley, Alex Jones, Ron Paul. Its not scary or crazy to gain knowledge. Don't get mad @ Apple until you get mad generally.
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

iPhone? More like MyPhone hozay09's Avatar
    Thanks

So rather than having a sh!t fit buy one at an AT&T store.. we still take cash for em in my store. Just don't tell the rep "it's a gift" then they'll send you on your merry way. We make comission off of activations so lie if you plan on unlocking

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by makesmoves View Post
    assuming that the generational gap between us all is relatively small; I will say 3 things. First Wake the hell up!!!!; to what once was slowly but now is rapidly happening here and abroad and how its all tied in to the same thing. Two; get angry about it especially because it is natural to get angry about it. Thirdly research it for your self and know that the world is but a stage and people only seem for the most part to live on level one. Yes there is a rabbit hole. Read. Listen. Learn. No Seriously. Webster Tarpley, Alex Jones, Ron Paul. Its not scary or crazy to gain knowledge. Don't get mad @ Apple until you get mad generally.

Wrong place, dude. We're talking about Apple not accepting cash cos too many people were buying phones in bulk to unlock and sell on at a profit
    To live, you have to lie

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

But they do accept apple gift card? That's interesting, because if I dont want them to track me buying iphone, I can just buy a gift card with cash and use that gift card to buy iphone no?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Apple violated policy #1 in the FCC by refusing to unlock the iphones when all phones must be unlocked by the carrier if asked to do so by the consumer.

Now Apple has stepped over the line of the U.S.D.O.T. by refusing legal tender for product. If you look on the front of that piece of paper your tried to hand them it says "for all debts public and private" and cannot be refused by United States law as a form of payment.

............but that's the United States of Apple for ya..... always thinking they are bigger than the f'kin government.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone makesmoves's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Wrong place, dude. We're talking about Apple not accepting cash cos too many people were buying phones in bulk to unlock and sell on at a profit
    its never the wrong place, dude. Is apples goal to sell as much of their product as possible? The way business has been done always? If you buy 5 iPhones and reach your limit and I buy one more is that still not 6 iPhones sold? So what if you buy 6 by yourself? The numbers are the same. Sell x amount resttict x amount and x amount is still being sold, just to someone else! This is ridiculous and you really should never stand up for a company that doesn't stand up for you. Making good looking good featured products is what we thank apple for, but to say its the wrong place to get people to open their eyes to the future of the American dollar, the future being a cashless society where everything is on worthless credit. If that's not slavery to you then wake up. Who cares about us? Which corporation? Which government? Which system? Its always the right time to stop sleeping. Angry yet? Do something constructive with it like trying to shake people out of their slumber.
    Last edited by makesmoves; 02-28-2008 at 09:46 AM.
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

12. The Following User Says Thank You to makesmoves For This Useful Post:

GodzillaAteMyiPhone (03-01-2008)

Thanks

Been that way since the last production weeks of 1.1.1. Bought my wifes phone around then and had to pay with credit/debit card.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by makesmoves View Post
    its never the wrong place, dude. Is apples goal to sell as much of their product as possible? The way business has been done always? If you buy 5 iPhones and reach your limit and I buy one more is that still not 6 iPhones sold? So what if you buy 6 by yourself? The numbers are the same. Sell x amount resttict x amount and x amount is still being sold, just to someone else! This is ridiculous and you really should never stand up for a company that doesn't stand up for you. Making good looking good featured products is what we thank apple for, but to say its the wrong place to get people to open their eyes to the future of the American dollar, the future being a cashless society where everything is on worthless credit. If that's not slavery to you then wake up. Who cares about us? Which corporation? Which government? Which system? Its always the right time to stop sleeping. Angry yet? Do something constructive with it like trying to shake people out of their slumber.
    So, what if Apple said you couldn't buy 1 phone, you had to buy them in packs of 5?
    And why is it ok to buy a bunch of iphones and sell them on ebay at a higher price to uninformed consumers?
    To live, you have to lie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    It's because of the low value of the Dollar, and now Apple only take credit cards or Euros in their US stores
    lol why would it be because of the low value of the dollar, are you dumb, one USD from my credit card is the same as the one dollar bill in my pocket. I don't know why the apple store didn't take your cash, maybe they are not allowed to have alot of cash in the registers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I live in Arizona and all of the apple stores are doing this here. Only with iphone purchases! Yeah they want to track sales. .I suppose you can pay cash for other items. The loop hole if you want to pay with cash would be purchasing a gift card and then getting your phone. Dude at apple store told me they have to do this because to many people are doing the ebay thing, and selling them overseas and what have you! I could of easily paid with a debit/credit but I like to make things difficult so I bought a gift card and went that route. Made the managers mad I think! I guess they have been doing this for a while. Oh well!
    Last edited by JoeVegas; 02-28-2008 at 01:08 PM. Reason: I'm retard!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

why dont u just use that cash to buy gift cards (if thats allowed). then use those gift cards to buy the iphone? haha
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madrog View Post
    lol why would it be because of the low value of the dollar, are you dumb, one USD from my credit card is the same as the one dollar bill in my pocket. I don't know why the apple store didn't take your cash, maybe they are not allowed to have alot of cash in the registers.
    To live, you have to lie

Green Apple
    Thanks

The one near me takes cash. I called.

Thanks

Weird, my money says "This note is legal tender for all debts public and private"

Banned
    Thanks

this happened to me three months ago...they told me it was because people have been unlocking phones. and the they said to me that u can't unlock the new version anyway (at the time 1.1.1) and as they handed me the bag i laughed and said...ohh yes u can!