+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple stores not taking cash?

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I was at an apple store the other night to pick up another Iphone. I was gonna pay with good old greenbacks. One of the managers told me you can't
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Apple stores not taking cash?
    I was at an apple store the other night to pick up another Iphone. I was gonna pay with good old greenbacks. One of the managers told me you can't pay with cash anymore corp. policy. No Iphones can be purchased with cash. Has to be a credit/debit card or with apple gift cards. No big deal I said!(whipped out my black american expresss) NOT REALLY! (just dreaming) I laughed cause I never had cash be denied before anywhere that I purchase goods or services. Anyway maybe this is something apple has been doing for some time now and is old news. I just thought it was pretty wild! LOL

  2. #2
    iPhoneaholic ucim2cute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City by the Sea, Texas!
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    HUH??? No cash?? WTF is that all about? Hhaha! Weird, I have never heard of that either! WOW!! Now cash is not good enough??

    UGH!! Apple is pissing me off with all their crap! BUT, I STILL LOVE MY IPHONE!!

    Well, that's good to know, since I have already dropped my iphone about 4 times, next time, I'm sure I will be at the store buying a new one, so I guess I better not forget to take MY black American Express! Hhahaha I wish too!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    It's because of the low value of the Dollar, and now Apple only take credit cards or Euros in their US stores
    To live, you have to lie

  4. #4
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston mASSachusetts
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    yeah this is crap....just because they want to track the purchase...you should always be able to use cash!
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

    RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

  5. #5
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    bronx
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    yep this happen to me also... but i flip they had to call the police to take me out the store....

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone makesmoves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    149
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 45 Times in 22 Posts

    assuming that the generational gap between us all is relatively small; I will say 3 things. First Wake the hell up!!!!; to what once was slowly but now is rapidly happening here and abroad and how its all tied in to the same thing. Two; get angry about it especially because it is natural to get angry about it. Thirdly research it for your self and know that the world is but a stage and people only seem for the most part to live on level one. Yes there is a rabbit hole. Read. Listen. Learn. No Seriously. Webster Tarpley, Alex Jones, Ron Paul. Its not scary or crazy to gain knowledge. Don't get mad @ Apple until you get mad generally.
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

  7. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hozay09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    So rather than having a sh!t fit buy one at an AT&T store.. we still take cash for em in my store. Just don't tell the rep "it's a gift" then they'll send you on your merry way. We make comission off of activations so lie if you plan on unlocking

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by makesmoves View Post
    assuming that the generational gap between us all is relatively small; I will say 3 things. First Wake the hell up!!!!; to what once was slowly but now is rapidly happening here and abroad and how its all tied in to the same thing. Two; get angry about it especially because it is natural to get angry about it. Thirdly research it for your self and know that the world is but a stage and people only seem for the most part to live on level one. Yes there is a rabbit hole. Read. Listen. Learn. No Seriously. Webster Tarpley, Alex Jones, Ron Paul. Its not scary or crazy to gain knowledge. Don't get mad @ Apple until you get mad generally.

    Wrong place, dude. We're talking about Apple not accepting cash cos too many people were buying phones in bulk to unlock and sell on at a profit
    To live, you have to lie

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    128
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    But they do accept apple gift card? That's interesting, because if I dont want them to track me buying iphone, I can just buy a gift card with cash and use that gift card to buy iphone no?

  10. #10
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Apple violated policy #1 in the FCC by refusing to unlock the iphones when all phones must be unlocked by the carrier if asked to do so by the consumer.

    Now Apple has stepped over the line of the U.S.D.O.T. by refusing legal tender for product. If you look on the front of that piece of paper your tried to hand them it says "for all debts public and private" and cannot be refused by United States law as a form of payment.

    ............but that's the United States of Apple for ya..... always thinking they are bigger than the f'kin government.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

  11. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone makesmoves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    149
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 45 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Wrong place, dude. We're talking about Apple not accepting cash cos too many people were buying phones in bulk to unlock and sell on at a profit
    its never the wrong place, dude. Is apples goal to sell as much of their product as possible? The way business has been done always? If you buy 5 iPhones and reach your limit and I buy one more is that still not 6 iPhones sold? So what if you buy 6 by yourself? The numbers are the same. Sell x amount resttict x amount and x amount is still being sold, just to someone else! This is ridiculous and you really should never stand up for a company that doesn't stand up for you. Making good looking good featured products is what we thank apple for, but to say its the wrong place to get people to open their eyes to the future of the American dollar, the future being a cashless society where everything is on worthless credit. If that's not slavery to you then wake up. Who cares about us? Which corporation? Which government? Which system? Its always the right time to stop sleeping. Angry yet? Do something constructive with it like trying to shake people out of their slumber.
    Last edited by makesmoves; 02-28-2008 at 09:46 AM.
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to makesmoves For This Useful Post:

    GodzillaAteMyiPhone (03-01-2008)

  13. #12
    iPhoneaholic Nefarious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    312
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts

    Been that way since the last production weeks of 1.1.1. Bought my wifes phone around then and had to pay with credit/debit card.

  14. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by makesmoves View Post
    its never the wrong place, dude. Is apples goal to sell as much of their product as possible? The way business has been done always? If you buy 5 iPhones and reach your limit and I buy one more is that still not 6 iPhones sold? So what if you buy 6 by yourself? The numbers are the same. Sell x amount resttict x amount and x amount is still being sold, just to someone else! This is ridiculous and you really should never stand up for a company that doesn't stand up for you. Making good looking good featured products is what we thank apple for, but to say its the wrong place to get people to open their eyes to the future of the American dollar, the future being a cashless society where everything is on worthless credit. If that's not slavery to you then wake up. Who cares about us? Which corporation? Which government? Which system? Its always the right time to stop sleeping. Angry yet? Do something constructive with it like trying to shake people out of their slumber.
    So, what if Apple said you couldn't buy 1 phone, you had to buy them in packs of 5?
    And why is it ok to buy a bunch of iphones and sell them on ebay at a higher price to uninformed consumers?
    To live, you have to lie

  15. #14
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    It's because of the low value of the Dollar, and now Apple only take credit cards or Euros in their US stores
    lol why would it be because of the low value of the dollar, are you dumb, one USD from my credit card is the same as the one dollar bill in my pocket. I don't know why the apple store didn't take your cash, maybe they are not allowed to have alot of cash in the registers.

  16. #15
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I live in Arizona and all of the apple stores are doing this here. Only with iphone purchases! Yeah they want to track sales. .I suppose you can pay cash for other items. The loop hole if you want to pay with cash would be purchasing a gift card and then getting your phone. Dude at apple store told me they have to do this because to many people are doing the ebay thing, and selling them overseas and what have you! I could of easily paid with a debit/credit but I like to make things difficult so I bought a gift card and went that route. Made the managers mad I think! I guess they have been doing this for a while. Oh well!
    Last edited by JoeVegas; 02-28-2008 at 01:08 PM. Reason: I'm retard!

  17. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts

    why dont u just use that cash to buy gift cards (if thats allowed). then use those gift cards to buy the iphone? haha
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

  18. #17
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by madrog View Post
    lol why would it be because of the low value of the dollar, are you dumb, one USD from my credit card is the same as the one dollar bill in my pocket. I don't know why the apple store didn't take your cash, maybe they are not allowed to have alot of cash in the registers.
    To live, you have to lie

  19. #18
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    The one near me takes cash. I called.

  20. #19
    Retired Moderator DoerrFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,291
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 461 Times in 229 Posts

    Weird, my money says "This note is legal tender for all debts public and private"

  21. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    460
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    this happened to me three months ago...they told me it was because people have been unlocking phones. and the they said to me that u can't unlock the new version anyway (at the time 1.1.1) and as they handed me the bag i laughed and said...ohh yes u can!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts