Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple stores not taking cash?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep, the stores out here actually suggested that to me!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

King of Prussia near Philly still takes cash
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

Default Apple
    This happened to me here in the UK as well so its not just the USA.I thought the same as something in law states they must accept cash payment.Wonder if anyone is willing to push this through Apple and then the courts...mmmm

It has to do with tracking and return policy (read their fine print). They will not accept cash, checks (including cashiers checks for large corporate purcheses) or Money orders. Even some debit cards.

Well if you're too young to get a debit or credit card, you could just get a Visa Gift Card.

This is such old news... Apple didn't care about why people were purchasing iPhones for. But AT&T did. So AT&T pressured Apple into the restriction of using a credit/debit card or gift card to pay for the iPhone, this way hindering the unlockers or exporters a bit. As we can all see, it didn't really do anything lol.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

I bought with cash when it first came out and had no problem. Pulled out 600$ and they gave me an iPhone. Maybe it was a new worker? Sucks for you and a tad ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Weird, my money says "This note is legal tender for all debts public and private"
    Note: Not available for iPhone purchase.....Federal Reserve will be adjusting legal tender fine print...maybee they print Steve Jobs bill....Rendemable for iPhone

8G
    16G
    32G

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy1967 View Post
    This happened to me here in the UK as well so its not just the USA.I thought the same as something in law states they must accept cash payment.Wonder if anyone is willing to push this through Apple and then the courts...mmmm
    Dude, who will push this in the courts, Bill Gates perhaps.

I'm an American living in Shanghai China. Many stores here sell unlocked 8GB iPhone's for 4,200-4,400RMB ($595-$625). People were buying loads of iPhones, unlocking them, and selling them here for a huge profit. Apple has tried to restrict that by limiting each person to two iPhones. The only way they are able to keep track of how many iPhones people by, was by accepting credit cards only.

Even though they have this policy, there is no lack of iPhones in China. It's amazing how many people walking on the street in Shanghai have unlocked iPhones.
    iPhone 3GS - 32GB

apple makes me mad, but i love my macbook and iphone
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button =]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12