Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
09-19-2008, 11:27 PM #1
What is your biggest pet peeve on MMi?
Basically the thing that you hate the most that people do on this forum specifically. Nothing outside it.
Mine is people that go around and post, "nice post" on the bottom of every thread, just to get their post count up.
09-19-2008, 11:41 PM #2
People that don't search and ask really really stupid questions, some people should just not be hacking their phone when they cant tie their shoe laces !!!!
09-19-2008, 11:50 PM #3
more post counts from this thread fo sho...hahahaha.
09-20-2008, 12:02 AM #4
Spam / Warez.
09-20-2008, 12:27 AM #5
Warez and people that obviously don't read a thread in its entirety before asking a question that has been already answered.
I swear to God if I had my way I would outright ban everyone.
Oh yeah, "first posts" too. Makes me want to hurt people through the internet. HURT THEM I SAY.
09-20-2008, 12:30 AM #6
overzealous warez bashing.
09-20-2008, 12:34 AM #7
first posts, and the "Press the thanks button!" sigs
09-20-2008, 12:36 AM #8
When people state that they are the first post of a thread.
When the same question is stated over, and over, and over.....
09-20-2008, 01:20 AM #9
horizontal texing threads (thank god for irealsms) and that were not a very patient bunch us iPhone users (DB, many themes*android perfection* and unlocks *1.1.2 and 3G)
09-20-2008, 05:25 AM #10
ThingS that annoy me most
The more angry faces you see, the more they tick me off. Don't try these in front of me, or I may kill you.
- People join the site. No posts (a post count of ZERO). But they send a private message to me asking for help. This means that they are too lazy to post in the correct forum for help, and even more lazy for not searching. And they leave a read receipt.
- People who post for help in the chit-chat forum asking for help with their iPhone's bluetooth not working.
- People who post the same thread simultaneously in more than one forum.
- When [place product/software here] fanbois try to defend themselves but have no real info (or spelling) to make it credible. Example- "No your rong it iz teh best and the sefest because [whoever] sed so". On seeing these kind of posts, I just feel to:
- People that try to post their whole paragraph in CAPS lock and then the forum automatically removes it, but the First Letter Of Every Post Is Left Capitalized...
- People that don't use paragraphs or punctuation- OMG, come on.
- These kinds of people: "Oh you think that just because you're a moderator you can [blah blah blah], wooo big man...." <----NO. Shut up, tool. Even if I wasn't a moderator, I would still call you a fool for thinking that Vista has no viruses (just an example). The only difference now is that if you continue being a troll, I can actually get rid of you
- People who insult others, get their post deleted, and then say: "I live in America, where's my free speech? Nazi" <----- IDIOT. The forum is for chit chat not ****-talk (you know what word goes there)
I haven't banned anyone out of anger (yet), but as the site gets larger, and as more and more members appear to be idiots, I may be forced to start.
I'm looking forward to what one1 / redcard have to say.
Last edited by dale1v; 09-20-2008 at 05:42 AM.
09-20-2008, 05:39 AM #11
As a admin/owner of a few sites, and a Super Mod on a huge site (4 million posts compared to MMI's 350,000), Dale pretty much summed it up for me.
My forum is extremely high volume and I have to knock this foolishness out by the hour. As a super mod I have to run through 23 forums per hour. On my 6th year of doing it every day........
09-20-2008, 05:44 AM #12
I also HATE the "help please I beg of you" and "I need this file some one help" and "help!!!!!!! I bricked my iPhone" thread names.
I also hate the threads that when you try and help some one they say " I unlocked it iPhone and then it whent bad and there is lots of problems what should I do"
I also hate the "how do I unlcock/jailbreak my iPhone threads" and the " I unlocked my iPhone 3g" when they realy just jailbroke it
09-20-2008, 05:52 AM #13
Terminology, good one. People don't always know what they are even asking. Long as they learn quick, it's fine.
I dislike people who start a thread that goes like this:
Body: My phone is messed up, it won't boot.
So the first response:
Yeah lot of info there to go off of scooter. What phone, what firmware, what software did did you use to hack it with?
I'm going to have to employ a psychic just to try and help here...........
09-20-2008, 05:54 AM #14
09-21-2008, 05:32 PM #15
how about the people who start a thread looking for a solution to a "problem" and couldnt find the solution AND when typing it up, they give you like this story of their life and everything in it-and for some reason revolves around the "problem" when usually they make it seem more complicated than it actually was.
funny to read: "ugh did you restart it?"....oh thanks that helped so much, its working now
haha....that my friend is an epic fail in life
The Following User Says Thank You to movalwebmaster For This Useful Post:
09-21-2008, 05:48 PM #16
09-21-2008, 10:34 PM #17
hahaha these are hilarious...