Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can i do this at best buy?!?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wink can i do this at best buy?!?!
    i bought my first ipod touch at best buy and got the insurance and every thing then i thought i lost it so i bought a new one and didnt get the insurance and threw away the box/receipt (but the first one i didn't) bad thing is i found my ipod (#1) and i haven't even totally unwrapped all of the 2nd one. so i was wondering if i could just put #2s in #1s box and take it back to best buy and get something worth the 400$ i payed? lol if its kinda hard to understand ill try to elaborate if needed.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

You lost it, yeah. wink wink.

You'll be lucky if they dont check the serial # right on the back of the ipod.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

As long as it is the same size as the box you should be fine (ie you are returning a 16GB touch in a 16GB touch box). Usually they don't check the back with the box at best buy. If they do, just take it to another location.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Just explain a problem that you are having with the first one that they can not test - ie - intermitten sync loss or intermitten touch problems- should be able to get store credit or gift card......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rfracing View Post
    Just explain a problem that you are having with the first one that they can not test - ie - intermitten sync loss or intermitten touch problems- should be able to get store credit or gift card......
    I don't think the touch is a product replacement plan, only the nanos are under this. They would send the touch to Apple to fix it and send you a new one (which isn't what he needs in this situation)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

exactly, i was hoping that maby i could take it back, some how, give it a trade in for the 32 gb new ipod. considering the 32 is the price of the 16 (correct me if im wrong lol) gb older one. need some clarifications as of now though lol

Thanks

I think your only option is to just return the one you JUST bought and rebuy a 32gb one if you are still within the return policy.

Thanks

ok i got it haddled. but... somthing odd just happend. i took it in and traided it in got the 32 and payed (accualy less, got some cash back 21 infact ) for it got it home... and it looks exactly the same as the old 16. i believe that they sold me an old one with the price of the new... they have to be out already. right? or am i just crazy? (i see no speaker i see no volume adjuster on the side. idk maby im wrong)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

How did this work out? Did they beat you at your own game or what?

Thanks

LOL idk I'm going to best buy right now. To see if there was just a mix up. Will find out one way or another

haha well I fort back and they don't have the new ones so instead of telling me they didn't have any they sold me the old one LOL... I don't like my best buy
    Last edited by tdawg3000; 09-12-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah they have become a thorn in my side as well concerning a laptop I got there.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg3000 View Post
    LOL idk I'm going to best buy right now. To see if there was just a mix up. Will find out one way or another

haha well I fort back and they don't have the new ones so instead of telling me they didn't have any they sold me the old one LOL... I don't like my best buy
    So did they refund you the money you paid back on the iPod that you took to them and then bought back?
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

They dont even really check em.....they just make sure something is in there