+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T U-Verse

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
So at my local AT&T Wireless store, the rep was telling me about U-Verse and that it will be available in my area before the end of this year. Here's
    Thanks

Default AT&T U-Verse
    So at my local AT&T Wireless store, the rep was telling me about U-Verse and that it will be available in my area before the end of this year. Here's the thing, before this we have had one cable provide, Comcast. There is no competition for a cable based service. I know that U-Verse is not necessarily 'cable', but it is a land line based service, which is better than the 'dish', at least for Michigan...

Does anyone here have it? If so, do you like it? Also, if you do have it, did you switch from cable/satellite? Is it worth it?

I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but I am struggling to find any cons about it. From what I've read, one can record up to 4 separate streams simultaneously (1 HD), stream TV throughout the house, and have PIP.

What I like is the UI (from what I've seen on YouTube). It seems fast, is it? I recall reading a post or two about TV service going in and out, does this happen to you?

Thanks everyone! :-)
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I got U-verse. I like it. The cable and channel selection is nice, HD is HD. We got a DVR with it and its starting to grow on me. I switched from DSL (also from AT&T until they decided to drop the service entirely without telling us, leaving me without internet for 2 weeks).

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

No internet for 2 weeks... That would suck lol.

Is the UI fast for the DVR?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh, I don't really have anything to compare it against but I wouldn't say it's slow. Their guide/menu/dvr ui works for me and if you like what you've seen in videos then I'm guessing it'll work for you.

One thing I wish I could do is have the set top box play nice with my TV-tuner card so I could use Media Center to hanldle my browsing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

Imahottguy (09-10-2008)

Thanks

Ah, I see.

Thanks!