Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using computers as mirrors

Default Using computers as mirrors
    “The central event of the twentieth century is the overthrow of matter. …The powers of the mind are everywhere ascendant over the brute force of things.”
    -- George Gilder

Hi everyone,

Those of us who own computers and use the Internet periodically face challenges with spam, viruses, worms and crashes. When any of these events shows up, it’s easy to feel under attack and victimized by outside forces. But is this really what’s happening?

John and I remind ourselves, over and over again, that the source, the cause of everything lies in the spiritual realm, the field of consciousness. We might look at the physical realm as a total immersion movie that plays out issues in our subconscious to give us the opportunity to become conscious of them.

And so, with respect to computers and the Internet, we might reflect:

* On spam: What unsolicited junk do we allow to enter our minds and distract us from what’s important?
    * On viruses: How does our own malicious thinking and behavior sabotage our dreams, steal our joy and sap our vitality?
    * On worms: How do we allow fear to worm its way into our lives and contaminate our pleasure of life?
    * On computer crashes: How can we do ongoing basic maintenance to keep us healthy and strong?

Mass consciousness reflects all of our individual consciousnesses. The inner world creates the outer world. When we clean up our own systems, our changes will be reflected in the mirror that is life.

~ Patrice

“If each of us sweeps in front of our own steps, the whole world would be clean.”
    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sedjav For This Useful Post:

Kaloyan (09-09-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thats a pretty interesting point of view, it seems to say that by looking at a person's computer you can tell what kind of a person they are and how they live their life to some extent. Thanks for the post I never really though of computers from that perspective

Thanks

We who live in the physical world must contend with a different view. Spam is unwelcome and uninvited interference into our privacy, a sure sign of disrespect. Virus/Trojans/Worms are a direct attack on our livelihood. They attack and sometimes destroy the repository of our lives (our computers). The source of our finances, identity, memories and history of our lives are all placed in jeopardy with this malicious act. Computer crashes are the signs of inept programming, causing unnecessary pauses to an otherwise productive day.

I'll worry about my spirituality when I'm dead. Until then, I have to contend with life.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    We who live in the physical world must contend with a different view. Spam is unwelcome and uninvited interference into our privacy, a sure sign of disrespect. Virus/Trojans/Worms are a direct attack on our livelihood. They attack and sometimes destroy the repository of our lives (our computers). The source of our finances, identity, memories and history of our lives are all placed in jeopardy with this malicious act. Computer crashes are the signs of inept programming, causing unnecessary pauses to an otherwise productive day.

I'll worry about my spirituality when I'm dead. Until then, I have to contend with life.
    well said,