+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Uk O2 Customers

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Uk O2 Customers
    Anyone who live in the uk has purchased a iphone from o2? i have 8gb one brought from ebay but would like the 16gb version one. I don't know how the contract works but it's selling 16GB for just 329, can i just buy this and unlock or do i also need to pay for the monthly as the agreement 18month

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there,

If you buy from an 02 store they only take payment via credit or debit card and I believe they will take legal action if you do not then take up a 18month 02contract online. But you can buy the 16gb from Carphone warehouse and then chose whether or not to take a contract, If you chose not to then of course you dont get the unlimited data allowance (which is the only reason that I have signed up to 02!) but you can choose which Sim card to use.

I hope this helps

Cheers B

Thanks
    Hi. I have just got my 16GB on 02 and to be honest given the free data plan and the access to free wifi using cloud hot spots, it isn't a bad deal. I have just jailbroken to add apps, and Im happy. Guess it depends on what you want to pay, but once you start using data on another netwrok you'll soon be upto the 35 a month anyway. Enjoy. nic.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biskitt View Post
    Hi there,

I believe they will take legal action if you do not then take up a 18month 02contract online.

Cheers B
    Where does it say this? Nowhere does say it on my receipt from O2.

Thanks
    I don't think they could take legal action against you, you may have just wished to buy an expensive ipod touch :-) and not activate the phone function - would be hard to prove.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    thank i got y iphone on sat, they never mention the unlimited allowance got it from cpw last one ^^ went ok

Green Apple
    Thanks

I simply bought the phone in the US and run it using o2's Simplicity (sim only) - with the data bolt-on I get unlimited data, 200 texts, 200 minutes and it only costs 22.50.

Plus I got my phone in August - which was nice.