+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ** Fraud Alert ** Ruruep

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Attention users of this board: Please be cautious of dealing with the user RURUEP. He defrauded a friend of mine on ebay. He promised to sell an Iphone for $400
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ** Fraud Alert ** Ruruep
    Attention users of this board:

Please be cautious of dealing with the user RURUEP.

He defrauded a friend of mine on ebay. He promised to sell an Iphone for $400 and instead he sent a box of paper scraps. We have reported him to the Philly Police, El Paso Police, and 2 federal agencies.

We have also filed a case against him in Philadelphia Court and have a court date set for April 2nd.

MODERATORS: This is not a joke nor a form of harassment. Real police reports have been filed, and real court case in pending. I am posting this here to protect your users from entering into any transactions with him.

I can provide further proof (police report #s, ) if you want.

Here is the link where the fraud originated...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0%3D%26fvi%3D1

** UPDATED SEPT 2008 **
    We won the court case against "ruruep" aka RUDY GALLARDO, of El Paso, TX. He did not show up nor respond and we won by default. However, he appears to still be scamming people.

Here is another report from someone who claims to be scammed by this person:
    http://www.scamclub.com/reports/Rudy-Galardo-5963.html
    Last edited by thiefcrusher; 09-09-2008 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks

Thank you for the warning, some people...

Thanks

Where's your friend's review of the crook? He/She should have it in the "seller"'s profile!!
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My friend was naive to the whole thing and made the mistake of asking the seller a question about the phone and got conned into buying it via email. This allowed "ruruep", or "michelleandruru" (on ebay) to sidestep ebay/paypals authority. This is why we have to take him to civil court.

I tracked him to mysapce and contacted him, he denied it was him. However, the idiot has a picture of himself by his desk. In the ebay picture, it has the same exact desk and window in it.
    Last edited by thiefcrusher; 02-25-2008 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks

Your friend and the community has learned a lesson about bypassing ebay security protocols! Thanks for posting!
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

Thanks

I hope that your friend takes this as a lesson well learned; Never circumvent eBay/Paypal, it might seem tempting, however it is very dangerous for a buyer (or seller for that matter). I'm not trying to sound patronizing in any way, I'm being serious...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I'm sorry, but how big of a dumbazz do you have to be not to see the contradictions in the listing? The whole thing was a lie from the start.

The only "some people" I see here is the SOME PEOPLE who will buy anything.............

Brand new still in box Iphone. This phone was jailbroken and modded. The Iphone has all the software installed to unlock the phone. I will not personally unlock it for you . Once you recieve the phone you have the option to unlock or not. The phone is still in its shrink wrap state. Only thing added to the phone was a theme of any choice you prefer from its installer resources. Only bid if you are planning to pay instantly as soon as the auction ends. I will relist the phone if not paid withing the hour of auction ending. No exceptions. email me any questions you have.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I'm sorry, but how big of a dumbazz do you have to be not to see the contradictions in the listing? The whole thing was a lie from the start.

The only "some people" I see here is the SOME PEOPLE who will buy anything.............
    It was my friends little brother, he's young and naive, yes. Ruruep took advantage of a teen and now I am handling it.

The victim is naive, but the criminal is a criminal none the less.

iPhone? More like MyPhone theguyz's Avatar
    Thanks

# 1 reason i avoid listings of $20 > of people who have less than 50 feedback.

As well picture of shrink wrap looks very loose, as well how can it still be shrink wrapped if ANYSIM loaded on phone.....

Sorry for your freind but should be more cautious when buying items.

I still love the non-fraudulant Brand New Xbox 360 box, worded so well stated have listing of whats included on side of box. And people actually payed $400 +, and ebay and paypal coudl do nothing as stated it was box and what was listed on side of box and nevert stated auction included items.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post

As well picture of shrink wrap looks very loose, as well how can it still be shrink wrapped if ANYSIM loaded on phone.....

Sorry for your freind but should be more cautious when buying items.

I still love the non-fraudulant Brand New Xbox 360 box, worded so well stated have listing of whats included on side of box. And people actually payed $400 +, and ebay and paypal coudl do nothing as stated it was box and what was listed on side of box and nevert stated auction included items.
    There was an episode of judge judy where someone tried that "I stated I was selling the box" defense. The plantiff won their money back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's so easy to see the warnings and the signs after-the-fact and after the warning. If someone wants to scam you, one misstep is all it takes. So typical to blame the victim.

The eBay and Paypal complaint department can't keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by jakecigar View Post
    Where's your friend's review of the crook? He/She should have it in the "seller"'s profile!!
    Crooks respond to negative feedbacks with negative feedbacks. See the last two buyers - they're left with bad products and bad comments.
    Last edited by RainWalker; 02-25-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    Funny enough, I put my 8GB 1.1.2 OOTB up on eBay for Buy-It-Now of $425 + $10 Shipping, but had also put a reserve of $425 (that way if it sold, I would get what I paid for it, brand new, back). In less than 10 minutes it was purchased by someone who had 0 feedback, but had been a member for about 9 months. I thought that I was being screwed with, but the person paid within an hour through paypal. As a habit, I transfered the money to my bank immediately (which takes about 4 days) and it all went through. Per the terms of the listing, I modded it to the winners liking, and all went well.

I do agree that it's best not to let someone that has low or no feedback purchase an item (or to buy from someone in that situation) from you, but sometimes, there is good in man- though very rare this occurs.

Thought I'd give my $0.02 ;-)
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thiefcrusher View Post
    My friend was naive to the whole thing and made the mistake of asking the seller a question about the phone and got conned into buying it via email. This allowed "ruruep", or "michelleandruru" (on ebay) to sidestep ebay/paypals authority. This is why we have to take him to civil court.

I tracked him to mysapce and contacted him, he denied it was him. However, the idiot has a picture of himself by his desk. In the ebay picture, it has the same exact desk and window in it.
    hahaha...thats hilarious...about the picture...not about the $400

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its also funny that he posted this message on here. Granted he's being sarcastic, but given the context that hes a thief, its funny to read this. Especially when he says "what we need more of in the world".

Quote Originally Posted by ruruep View Post
    Tell you what,,if you send it to me,i will make sure the rightful owner gets it back ,,in return i will send you a brand new one ,,,i work at at&t and i fake the inventory,,,but since you will be such a nice guy and return it you deserve a brand new one,,,,ILL EVEN UNLOCK IT FOR U,,EMAIL ME,,,[email protected]
    YOU MY FRIEND ARE WHAT WE NEED MORE IN THE WORLD OF!!!!!!!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to thiefcrusher For This Useful Post:

RainWalker (02-27-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

why would someone pay retail price for an 8gb iphone off of ebay when you can just save yourself time and have peace of mind by purchasing one through apple or AT&T? doesnt make sense. honestly, you are right in the sense that what was done was wrong but really i dont think anything is going to come about from it. the cops and courts will do very little and have more important things to deal with. GL though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone theguyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Funny enough, I put my 8GB 1.1.2 OOTB up on eBay for Buy-It-Now of $425 + $10 Shipping, but had also put a reserve of $425 (that way if it sold, I would get what I paid for it, brand new, back). In less than 10 minutes it was purchased by someone who had 0 feedback, but had been a member for about 9 months. I thought that I was being screwed with, but the person paid within an hour through paypal. As a habit, I transfered the money to my bank immediately (which takes about 4 days) and it all went through. Per the terms of the listing, I modded it to the winners liking, and all went well.

I do agree that it's best not to let someone that has low or no feedback purchase an item (or to buy from someone in that situation) from you, but sometimes, there is good in man- though very rare this occurs.

Thought I'd give my $0.02 ;-)
    Yes understood, as my feedback was once 0 when i started.

But its best to be weary than overly tempted.

But from the ebay link, description is a # give away ( as BNIB never opened, yes has program out of box once power on unlocked, and shrink wrap image is well it shows it all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    why would someone pay retail price for an 8gb iphone off of ebay when you can just save yourself time and have peace of mind by purchasing one through apple or AT&T? doesnt make sense. honestly, you are right in the sense that what was done was wrong but really i dont think anything is going to come about from it. the cops and courts will do very little and have more important things to deal with. GL though.
    It doesn't hurt to file but it could help. Imagine if this was the 17th complaint filed against him or one of the many complaints that could help others later on.
    Last edited by RainWalker; 02-27-2008 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    Actually the court DID accept the case and a date is set. We will annihilate him court if he even shows. If not we will win by default.

The police wont do anything, BUT there is a report on record in his home town. If he applies to a local job that checks local police records he will come up as being named in a fraud case. Granted he will only be 'accused' but it would still make employers look twice. Plus, most employers (for real jobs) google their applicants these days, and mentions of this situation will come up in various locations.
    Last edited by thiefcrusher; 02-27-2008 at 10:44 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just giving an update to anyone that was interested. We did end up going to court, and 'ruruep', aka Rudy Gallardo of El Paso, TX never showed up and we won by default. So if you ever find yourself scammed by someone 1000's of miles away, don't think its hopeless to fight back.

Also, here is another link I found of someone who also claims to have been scammed by this person, "ruruep" aka Rudy Gallardo. I dont know this person, and I am unsure if he/she took Rudy to court also.

Rudy Gallardo - was reported to Scam Club

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RainWalker View Post
    It's so easy to see the warnings and the signs after-the-fact and after the warning. If someone wants to scam you, one misstep is all it takes. So typical to blame the victim.

The eBay and Paypal complaint department can't keep up.

Crooks respond to negative feedbacks with negative feedbacks. See the last two buyers - they're left with bad products and bad comments.
    sellers cannot leave negative feedback to buyers anymore.
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon