I figured this is a pretty great group of people so why not share this here as well....

Racing to Save Lives

At the age of 22, I consider myself to be pretty healthy and I have no idea what it is like to be affected by a blood cancer. However, I have seen a friend go through it. Also, my neighbors wife was taken by cancer. Both of these people have caused me to want to do something about it.

I received a card in the mail about Team in Training a few weeks ago. After attending a meeting and hearing testimonials from alumni, coaches, a 7 year old boy battling leukemia, I was compelled to take action. I joined the North Texas Chapter of Team in Training after reading the facts about blood cancers, hearing those impacted by blood cancers. I believe I can help to make the world a better place for others.

In September I will begin training to walk a 26.2 mile marathon at Walt Disney World in January 2008. I will train with a team of individuals from North Texas, including Jennifer, my wife. Together we will train our bodies to complete a marathon in honor of those who are battling blood cancers or have been affected by blood cancers. I believe after all the hours of hard work and sweat are put in, I will have accomplished something I have never done before and will have truly helped make the world a better place.

Since 1988, 340,000 individuals crossed the finish line with TNT. All these individuals met their goal amount and had many family, friends and supporters contribute to their campaign. People who believed in them and in their cause. I believe I can raise $3,800 if I try hard enough and with your help.

Do you believe in finding a cure for blood cancers?

If so, please make a tax-deductible contribution.