+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Love/Hate relationship with Applelonia.

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Ok I bought her less than a week ago knowing what I was getting myself into. I'm unsatisfied with some of the basic features that are missing from my phone.
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default My Love/Hate relationship with Applelonia.
    Ok I bought her less than a week ago knowing what I was getting myself into.

I'm unsatisfied with some of the basic features that are missing from my phone.

This girl was going to send me a picture of her nice rack but I remembered I can't see it. I can go to the website and log in to see the picture but I can't save the picture to my phone.

You can't record video although if you jailbreak it you can purchase the basic cell phone feature for 19.99 from a developer.

I can't transfer files via bluetooth, pictures to be exact because it doesn't support it.

I can't have IM program, etc running in the background because of that "One app at a time rule"

That's about it but these things are starting to frustrate me and I'm thinking of going back to my TYTN II which did everything. Only thing this phone has on my previous phone is that it has fun apps but like I said if you get a call or have to go back to something else while playing a game it screws everything up. I hope some hackers could fix these issue ASAP before the months end. If not I'll bring this phone back and go back to my TYTN II and just wait for the Touch Pro II to come out or Xperia X1
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Thanks

hold your finger on a picture from the web and you can save it to your camera roll.

cycorder is free, and sound will be implemented soon.

bluetooth will never be fully functional, suck it up sucker. get your friend to start using e-mail and then you can send/recieve anything you want then. not a huge problem.

at 1.x there was an IM app that ran in the background (jailbroken) but i don't use them, sure there is one out there.

please buy the xperia x1, the most overhyped pile of crap ever.

via engadget:

It's a little difficult to delay a device that hasn't gotten a more specific release window than "the second half of 2008" (from official sources, at least), but Sony Ericsson is doing its darnedest. The scuttlebutt at IFA is that the XPERIA X1 has been delayed to the end of the year, and a Sony rep confirmed to us that it's looking like December 2008 or January 2009. To blame is the software, specifically Windows Mobile 6.1 (or perhaps SE's implementation of it), which appeared to be actively destroying the display units Sony has on display at IFA -- of the three devices, one had some green status lights, one didn't work at all, and one turned on briefly, only to crash hard and never return again... a pretty poor showing for day one of the show. Some hands-on shots are below, glaringly void of actual device usage.

this phone has been talked up since the release of iphone 1st gen, and not having a working display model at IFA speaks enough for me....

when people ask you "Why'd you get a phone that can't send/recieve mms or video" tell them to learn how to use e-mail. It's not that revolutionary nowadays, i mean it's been around for a while....

12th post in and probably gonna get a flaming. Good job.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

Kaas (09-04-2008), wareagle5693 (09-04-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ok. I don't plan on jailbreaking my iPhone until I read up on the process. Cycorder may be free but what's the point of recording with no sound so I won't even download that. Sound will be implemented soon but will it be a free app? Xperia is a nice looking phone, WM platform. I like the look of it and actually used the phone before. I work for AT&T. I'm leaning more on the Touch Pro II because it looks simple but sleek.

On viewmymessage.com for AT&T you can view the picture but you can't save the picture to your phone. The picture is tiny when you view it on that website. I can tell people to send it to my email address but it's a pain to tell your friends to send it to [email protected].

Thanks

well make a gmail account, takes like a minute, and add it to your phone. get your friends to then send it to your gmail address, and you can save pictures/ play audio etc. etc.

it's hard making the transition from a WM to the iphone, hell from any phone to the iphone, but it is really worth it. as soon as you get your head round everything properly you will be happy.

i know its not quite the same, but ive got a nokia n95 8gb for my works phone and it is so slow and crappy, even with apples bugged out 2.x firmware the iphone runs so much better.

IMO, keeping your iphone as standard is a waste. without jailbreaking it, it is plain and boring. use one of the pwnage tools, use quickpwn for the first time just to get an idea of what your looking at. it opens up the phone completely.

cycorder with sound may not be free, but was "iDrum"? sure Saurik wont be charging anything near 19.99 for it, iphonevideorecorder is a joke.

first things first, do yourself a favour and jailbreak your phone. any problems with it, just restore to stock apple firmware availale from apple.com and they will never know

Suck it up, Sucker

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

why are you complaining if you knew what you were getting yourself into

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I am pointing out that it's starting to aggravate me a little bit. On my previous phone Tytn II I had capabilities to MMS but hardly used it. Now on this iPhone everyone and their mother wants to send me a MMS message but I can't view it. Just my luck I guess. I will Jailbreak my phone but I have to look into it so I don't screw up my phone. On my Tytn 2 I did the whole unlocking thing/flashing a custom ROM and radio on it, etc.

I'll read on jailbreaking and maybe I'll attempt it tonight.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

mms is coming soon but ya gonna have to jailbreak

oh and cycorder has audio support now
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Thanks

Why are people so scared to Jailbreak?
    seriously
    there is like a 1% chance of bricking ur phone
    so far i havent even seen one yet..
    and the funny part is that i have jailbroken mine since it first came out especially, when Installer(other version of Cydia,)was installed directly from Safari.

trust me..
    you wont brick your phone.. but if u start messing with the stuff inside like opening it, or deleting files in the memory from openSSH, then your at a chance of bricking it.
    other than that when your done jailbreaking,
    you will enjoy life better,
    WITH A NEW CYCORDER, NEW COMPLETE THEMES, soon MMS, GAMES, and MORE.

so dont be scared, trust me.
    and if ever fall in to trouble, calm down.
    cause i know for sure

that MMi peeps got yo back son

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

Biggboss wrote an amazing post today on his site on the wonders of jailbreaking...you might want to check it out Why Jailbreak iPhone - iPhone News & Review

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    I can go to the website and log in to see the picture but I can't save the picture to my phone.
    I've never even managed to get that to work. Good thing I don't have any interest in seeing nice racks, huh.

(I loved my phone 1000x more once I did jailbreak)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I cosign with the gmail account

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Terrill For This Useful Post:

reeko (09-21-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Why do people keep saying get over mms. I don;t use mms but I still think it is wrong for people to complain at those who want it. Not eveyone has an awesome phone. Most of my friends have the freebie crap that can't even send e-mail. When they want to send me a pic, they simply can't. It's not enough for me to complain about but some people need to understand that NOT EVERYONE has e-mail capabilities on their phones...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

"This girl was going to send me a picture of her nice rack but I remembered I can't see it. I can go to the website and log in to see the picture but I can't save the picture to my phone."

I have to say, this made me spill lolz all over my keyboard...

Pics or it didn't happen!!111!!one! lolololololjkbutsrsly? Niiice.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Dude I have no reason to lie I'm a grown man. If you have never seen a nice set of racks then by all means I'll send you it. I'll agree with the person above who stated that not all phones have email. They for the most part do but for the most part they are a pain to setup on a flip phone, involve having to pay for a data plan because email obviosly used Internet. I haven't jail broken it yet but I plan to do it soon so I can remove icons I don't use being that they make better note, stock,etc apps. Anyway a positive came out the situation I got to see them in person and juggl those bad boys. They were real, oh yea....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Iphone Pwned.

Bottom line is there is not a single feature not listed in the apple brochure before you bought it. Apple has spent LOT'S of time making you aware of what it does, and google has spent over a year logging the millions of threads about what it DOESN'T do. If it doesn't do it for you, sell it. If you didn't do the research before purchase, don't complain here, you won't get any sympathy. We've worked for over a year to get our phones supported by MOST of the features we want. ......and if you did do the research, then you really have no room to complain.

That's what this is, a complaint thread..... Either you didn't research before buying and that's your fault or you did and knew what you were buying so..........

Pick your poison. I ain't busting your balls, that's how it is. Plain and simple. No one is capable of buying an iPhone without knowing every detail about it before the purchase with the year+ we've been building up around here, and if you do indeed do the research you know ahead of time so no complaining.

Around here if we need something we request it in the apps request forum and wait for it. Gets things done a lot quicker that way.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Dude, gQ... I didn't mean to sound sarcastic, I was just messing with you. I actually laughed when I saw that, though.

I know you're fully capable of getting thick rack action. But if you really want, you can most definitely PM those bad boys to me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Lol. Will do buddy. What's your email. Free Racks For Everyone!!! on the house!

I love my iPhone I was just pointing out little annoyances, thus naming the title love/hate. Get off my scrotum dude if you're that offended don't bother posting.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 09-17-2008 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    Lol. Will do buddy. What's your email. Free Racks For Everyone!!! on the house!

I love my iPhone I was just pointing out little annoyances, thus naming the title love/hate. Get off my scrotum dude if you're that offended don't bother posting.
    dude, seriously .... e-mail the pic to him?

most stupid thread ever, reading it again did make me laugh though

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

^LOL. I wasn't being serious; I'd hate for MMi to think I was a creeper...

However, who would I be to decline some free rack? lololololjkbutsrsly.

I don't believe he emailed it either. Either way...