Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: George Hotz, Stealing Money at College!!

Default George Hotz, Stealing Money at College!!
    I got to school with George Hotz and the rumor going around campus is that George Hotz hacked the school's card swipe system and was steeling money from everyone who scanned into his dorm building. (LIke the scam in Officespace) Apparently he was caught and kicked out of his dorm ad is facing charges.

Looking at his facebook status, he confirms he has been kicked out of RIT housing. He is also selling his 42" plasma tv due to the reason

$1,000 - 42" 1080i Plasma TV
    Listed by George Hotz on February 18th.
    For Sale - Electronics | 158 views
    Condition: used

42 Hitachi 1080i Plasma TV in perfect condition, not a blemish or scratch anywhere. 3x HDMI

Must sell in the next 2 days. Housing is kicking me out, and the TV needs a good home. The stand is yours too if you want it.

interesting, you have a great status in the world, why would you steal from fellow classmates?

Heh, that's pretty funny

If you get any updates on that further than what you have be sure to post them!

lol owned much. he was too confident in his work he decides to go off and say hmm i'm such a great hacker. maybe i should also hack the school's card system to get a little cash out of it! -steals- they won't accuse me of anything since i only hack the iphone for extra cool features [: !

Thanks

He did hack the swipe card system to use his phone to open it, nothing more as far as i know.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Thanks

.....what about the TV!?! D:
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."

doesn't seem to be his MO, though the latter post about him hacking it to use his phone would fit better...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

lol guys who cares. Its his personal live and none of your business. Just be happy and hope he will keep hacking iphones.

One possible reason why he did it (if he did it): Hackers always try to make stuff do things they were not designed to do. Its his core, he probably cant any other way. Its a good thing even though it causes trouble sometimes!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    I got to school with George Hotz and the rumor going around campus is that George Hotz hacked the school's card swipe system and was steeling money from everyone who scanned into his dorm building. (LIke the scam in Officespace) Apparently he was caught and kicked out of his dorm ad is facing charges.

Looking at his facebook status, he confirms he has been kicked out of RIT housing. He is also selling his 42" plasma tv due to the reason

$1,000 - 42" 1080i Plasma TV
    Listed by George Hotz on February 18th.
    For Sale - Electronics | 158 views
    Condition: used

42 Hitachi 1080i Plasma TV in perfect condition, not a blemish or scratch anywhere. 3x HDMI

Must sell in the next 2 days. Housing is kicking me out, and the TV needs a good home. The stand is yours too if you want it.

interesting, you have a great status in the world, why would you steal from fellow classmates?
    First, if this were true, he would be expelled, not simply kicked out of this dorm, and he would be criminally charged with fraud. Seems like a case of trying to put a kink in someone's popularity armor.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

why would u post something like this on Iphone message board????? seems like some haters are among us IMO.

IF you knew RIT's policy they you would understand

First, if you knew RIT then you would know we are in week 10, meaning finals week is next week. This makes RIT work slow and gets backed up in everything including judicial hearings.

Next i'm sure you know how their Judicial policy works like this:

-First, they kick you off campus instantly.
    -You get scheduled for a conduct hearing, doesn't matter if you killed someone it still takes them a month or so to get you your hearing. You can even still go to class then go to your hearing and get expelled.
    -At your hearing, the information is also released to law enforcement outside of campus and then they have their way with you.

Its a private institution, they do whatever they want.

I have better things to do than put this kid down, just letting you guys know what I heard.

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah I really doubt its true.

I heard George Hotz got arrested by a Great White Shark when he was trying to unlock his iPhone 20m under the surface of the water somewhere off the Californian coasts.

Of course, *I have better things to do than put this kid down, just letting you guys know what I heard.*
    Last edited by tracerbullet; 02-22-2008 at 01:10 AM.

20m under? I don't think he would go that far... lol, jk jk
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Well, now it has been confirmed true, the article will be run in our campus magazine, the Reporter, the first week of spring quarter. I will scan it in and post it when it comes out. We are in finals week this week so it will be in 3 weeks. Thanks for all the believers out there tho

I'm surprised they didn't kick him out of school for doing a thing like that. Definitely post the article when it comes out. It might be a good read.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eiswritsat View Post
    why would u post something like this on Iphone message board????? seems like some haters are among us IMO.
    cuz geoht unlocked the first iPhone and the first 1.1.2 OTB iPhone with software. he is the god of iPhones. also, XXX was just sharing what he herd on campus...don't flame him cuz even if this is not true it is very interesting. and wht could this mean to future iPhone unlocking. he has mastered all the hard projects...not the dev team (im not saying the dev team is bad...but george is better.) thanx for telling us

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I tried to call his dorm ! No answer now for 4 days & all this Time i have been thinking he was Kidnapped by the Aliens ! so that they could get their Inter intergalactic ship Fixed

Com on - !

Well whatever the case may be, he is still a legend in his own time. What ever he does in his personal time and life is non of my beeswax, so in whatever the case may be, good luck george.

now if he can just hack the schools security system he can get to the records, delete them then do the same with the data at the justice department then... Not likely. Too bad. He seems to be a pretty talented guy.

I wonder if he unlocked the TV too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast