Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Google Chrome

  1. #21
    Britney Spears of MMi Zeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,664
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 180 Times in 148 Posts

    Like it a lot more then Firefox. Sleek modern design!

    Plus no need to install those plugins
    EDM

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 166 Times in 136 Posts

    dale i see where your coming from, different folks different strokes though. iliterally watch youtube and just surf your normal web pages. i have no need for a mass amount of plug-ins etc.

    chrome being openshare though ... just a matter of time before it catches up, then gets better!

    and cheers for the pm, i will try and get some time over the weekend and catch you on IRC for some help
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

    dale1v (09-03-2008)

  4. #23

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    handy feature for visiting porn sites.

  6. #25
    Super Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 394 Times in 268 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    dale i see where your coming from, different folks different strokes though. iliterally watch youtube and just surf your normal web pages. i have no need for a mass amount of plug-ins etc.

    chrome being openshare though ... just a matter of time before it catches up, then gets better!

    and cheers for the pm, i will try and get some time over the weekend and catch you on IRC for some help
    Cool. No prob
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

  7. #26
    Wow. Fast it is!

  8. #27
    Super Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 394 Times in 268 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    Wow. Fast it is!
    Better than IE, eh Dash?


    lololololol i will never forgive you.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

  9. #28
    Definitely like the most visited page. I like how you can drag a tab and turn it into a new window.

  10. #29
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Not with ease...firefox is far too established IMO

    As a personal replacement. I know what you mean and I still use firefox on a consistent basis. Chrome is not near replacing it yet, but the promise it shows is impressive. I think its just the perception because of the UI but chrome seems to make websites' (this one in particular) colors pop out at me. Im really excited about this browser and cant wait to see what's in store...
    Edit: It could be that ive been staring at PhotoShop making a theme for about 5 hours.

    The built-in task manager is very cool. Application shortcuts, Incognito window (thats awesome), and as "That Guy" posted I like how it goes into your previous pages when you click to add a new tab. Im just getting into this and I really like it.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 09-04-2008 at 10:47 PM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

    dale1v (09-05-2008)

  12. #30
    Super Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 394 Times in 268 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    As a personal replacement. I know what you mean and I still use firefox on a consistent basis. Chrome is not near replacing it yet, but the promise it shows is impressive. I think its just the perception because of the UI but chrome seems to make websites' (this one in particular) colors pop out at me. Im really excited about this browser and cant wait to see what's in store...
    Edit: It could be that ive been staring at PhotoShop making a theme for about 5 hours.

    The built-in task manager is very cool. Application shortcuts, Incognito window (thats awesome), and as "That Guy" posted I like how it goes into your previous pages when you click to add a new tab. Im just getting into this and I really like it.
    I see.

    I WANT MAC VERSION!
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

  13. #31
    Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Liberty City
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 205 Times in 117 Posts

    still w8ing 4 mac version
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

  14. #32
    Tried for all of 60 seconds, went back to FF. On my EEEPC at least, the scrolling was atrocious, and for some reason it showed the Belkin JoyPod on the front page as the newest news item... What else... It seemed to load pages from their cache perhaps? I don't know... It shows promise, but it will take a lot of customization to pry me away from my FF.

    Oh and for those who say that it loaded pages faster than FF, are you sure? My FF loaded pages at least 1.5-2x faster than chrome.

    Again, great first effort, can't wait to see it in 2.0 (Heh, G4 referrence)
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

  15. #33
    Green Apple mickish1953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Very impressive browser, fast or what.

  16. #34
    I tried it for a few minutes. I like the layout, but went back to FF because I noticed that with each tab you open, it opens up another chrome.exe process in my task manager which uses more ram. I had three tabs open and it opened up 5 processes for some reason when my firefox only had one process for the same tabs and using less ram.

  17. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    I tried it for a few minutes. I like the layout, but went back to FF because I noticed that with each tab you open, it opens up another chrome.exe process in my task manager which uses more ram. I had three tabs open and it opened up 5 processes for some reason when my firefox only had one process for the same tabs and using less ram.
    This is actually a feature.
    Web browsers are going to crash, not a single one in existence hasn't.
    So Google decided to let each tab have it's own process, so that when one website crashes, the rest of your tabs are safe.


    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Better than IE, eh Dash?


    lololololol i will never forgive you.
    Yes.
    Haha, I downloaded Chrome and IE8 at the same time, and get pissed when a application opens IE by default now. Gotta go change my default!

    IE8 has a few cool features (the same ones as Chrome), like "InPrivate" browsing (eg Incognito).. but it's also sluggish and takes up way to much room.

    As soon as Google makes their toolbar available for their own browser, I'm changed.
    Last edited by Dash-2; 09-05-2008 at 03:41 PM.

  18. #36
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    This is actually a feature.
    Web browsers are going to crash, not a single one in existence hasn't.
    So Google decided to let each tab have it's own process, so that when one website crashes, the rest of your tabs are safe.
    Yep this is why they have the built-in Task Manager.. I think its a great feature for certain instances.

  19. #37
    Retired Moderator soulthoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,097
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 603 Times in 506 Posts

    It's okay. I'll stick w/FF for now. It doesn't play well with Symantec Endpoint though so using it at work took a little bit of tweaking.

  20. #38
    What's Jailbreak? IPHONE USER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    from reading all the good things said here, i think i will give it a try , thanks guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by IPHONE USER View Post
    from reading all the good things said here, i think i will give it a try , thanks guys.
    its up and running now and i agree it is faster than both firefox and ie,

    cheers !!
    Last edited by IPHONE USER; 09-05-2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  21. #39
    I love the speed and I actually tried to make this my default browser, but the tabs would go blank and meebo wouldnt load right. I guess I'll stick with FF for now, but with a few upgrades, Chrome could easily be my default browser soon...

  22. #40
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    on the outskirts of insanity
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts

    Downloaded and using. Pageload speed is hit or miss - depending on the website / server capabilities. Like the autocomplete in the address bar - type in a partial website and it tries to identify it.

    As an end-user and not a browser developer, assumption is that FF and IE get bogged down with all of the add-ons. Logically, the simpler the browser, the faster the response time to load?

    Only bug I've noticed is with built-in scrolling through touchpad. It will scroll down the page, but not back up again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •