Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac or iPhone?

I want a Mac, but I just lost my iPod touch and I can't guarantee my parents are gonna get me another iPod touch with a MacBook Pro... The iPhone can't really do anything a laptop can do, but I really like the 3G feature in it. I take my laptop where ever I go, but no internet connection
    I guess I could get an iPhone and Jailbreak it then tether it to my current laptop and use that for internet connection. Plus, I'm only 12 and I'm in 7th Grade this year (lol, I know someone's gonna say I'm too young for an iPhone)
    I don't think I'll make the switch from PC to Mac yet...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dstn1211 View Post
    I want a Mac, but I just lost my iPod touch and I can't guarantee my parents are gonna get me another iPod touch with a MacBook Pro... The iPhone can't really do anything a laptop can do, but I really like the 3G feature in it. I take my laptop where ever I go, but no internet connection
    I guess I could get an iPhone and Jailbreak it then tether it to my current laptop and use that for internet connection. Plus, I'm only 12 and I'm in 7th Grade this year (lol, I know someone's gonna say I'm too young for an iPhone)
    I don't think I'll make the switch from PC to Mac yet...
    Damn. I wish my parents had been willing to buy me hundreds of dollars worth of electronics when I was 12. :X

lol I live on electronics (sorta) but I also play soccer and paintball, but that's it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dstn1211 View Post
    Ok, so my birthday is coming up soon and my parents agreed to (sorta) get me what I wanted. I'm trying to decide between a few things and need some help deciding.

Here are the choices:

1. MacBook Pro and a new iPod touch
    2. MacBook and a new iPod touch
    3. 16GB iPhone 3G and a PAYG data plan

If I get any of the MacBooks, then I'll wait until Apple releases some newer models (hopefully aluminum-cased black MacBooks!) and also a newer model of the iPod touch.

If I get an iPhone 3G, I'll have to get a GoPhone PAYG (Pay as you go) data plan from AT&T, since no unlocking is required.

What do you guys think I should get?
    (Sorry, there's no poll. I posted the thread and it took me to the poll thing and my browser didn't load the whole thing, so I didn't want to post 2 threads by refreshing)
    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    he ain't rich...... Option 1 is *dreamland* Option 2 is *doable* on a good day, and option 3 is the easy way out. Hell I'm 32 and my mother still buys me Xmas presents just like she always did. I got a Rebel XTi, printer, IS lens and a few other goodies to the tune of $1200 for last Xmas and she isn't wealthy. These are not small purchases, but not too bloated either unless you are in dreamland with him on option 1.
    Homie aint in dreamland...I was in the same boat he was in when deciding what to get for my on bday.
    I already had the iPhone so I chose to get the MacBook Pro for my 18th bday on 7/7/08. I turned down the ipod touch...don't need it.

If I was u I would get the MacBook Pro w/ the ipod touch and sell the ipod touch to create revenue for the iPhone.

Newer model of the Touch?

Thanks

i think i will keep my iphone 1.1 with my AMD phenom...... and a MBP

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    If I was u I would get the MacBook Pro w/ the ipod touch and sell the ipod touch to create revenue for the iPhone.
    That's a good idea, but they don't go much higher than the original value on eBay, 8GB goes around for like $300. If I'm gonna pay that much for it and sell it for the same price, I don't see the point.

u ain't too young for n iphone, I would go for MBP and like pacmac said wait with de iphone till the buggs are gone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'd say iphone.. just cause how macbook pro sure thats cool.. but is it making beats on iphone cool?

Ok, I've made up my mind. It's gonna be a 16GB White iPhone 3G and PAYG unlimited data plan. My grandma is also getting me an Xbox 360 Elite and Rock Band 2.

An iPhone and Xbox 360 is much better than just a MacBook Pro and iTouch.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Gee so little imagination...

Avg Cost of Macbook Pro $2500 smackers.. Humm What can I do with that..

1. Hackintoshable OSX 5.4 Laptop with Better Specs then MacBook $1000.00
    2. One Apple iPhone 2g $150-$250 (Why waste the money, the 3G sucks)
    3. One Nokia N96 (So you can see how 3G really works - and sport a second Bad As* phone) $650.00
    4. Sprint Novatel Wireless Card for my Hackintosh laptop, so I can connect to the Internet anywhere... $100
    5. Sony PS3 (Cause already have a WII & a 360) $399

Well thats $2349... Ice Cream anyone???

get the Macbook Pro
    It has got better features like Alongside the iMac Core Duo, the MacBook Pro represents Apple's first computers to feature Intel processors instead of PowerPC processors , also 200 GB[3] (5400 RPM), 250 GB (5400 RPM) or 200 GB (7200 RPM) hard drive. Optional 300 GB (4200 RPM) hard drive on the 17-inch model , that is just the thing i need.
    Anyways , congrats for what ever you are getting

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

i say the iphone, the mac notebooks are very nice, i have an iBook G4 that i am using until my Acer Aspire 8920-6837 is delivered, i was going to get the black mac book but when i compared the specs of the two, i think i can deal with vista. macbook-250GB hd or Aspire with 320GB hd, 4GB ram, 2.0Ghz processor and an 18.4 hd screen with a blu-ray drive for 1,149.99....I think Ill save my ibook for using pwnage and syncing my phones, thanks!

All I am saying is unless you are an absolute die hard mac fan don't jump on the mac notebooks, they are really expensive unless you have money to give to them because you are rich...then by all means go for the gold =)
    -Nicole

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12