+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wand to buy a new comp and needed some opinions..

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
im looking to get a new desktop computer, im tryin to decide on getting vista, sticking with xp or switching to an apple comp. ive never used one though and
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Wand to buy a new comp and needed some opinions..
    im looking to get a new desktop computer, im tryin to decide on getting vista, sticking with xp or switching to an apple comp. ive never used one though and would like to see what they were like.. i just wanted to know what everyone would recommend for that and does any1 know a good place where i can get new comps for fairly cheap prices?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trent J.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I dont know any places to get discount iMacs.. but.. I highly recommend them. I would get the 1499 one and then get a more ram and stuff from a different place, not from apple.

So I say Apple iMac. It has been my first Mac ever, and now it is all I use. I am considering even getting a mac laptop, and taking windows out of my life xD
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you're gonna get a PC, stick with XP. As for a mac, OSX is very smooth. I use both everday. PC desktop with all my music and school work. Macbook for recreational use. Kinda like a drug. I roginally used a PC up until last year. It just takes a week or so to get used to the diffferent OS style and all the functions. If possible, load up a nice macbook pro and dual boot.

Are you worried about program variety on either? multimedia? office or production software?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

pc xp, dont bother with vista until sp2

oh and dual boot sabayon

Green Apple
    Thanks

i just want something for everday use like music few games.. thats about it.. and the standard ya know mmicrosoft office and things like that

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you just want basics, stick with XP. But depending on financial restrictions, macbook pro and dual boot.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

I just built a new Hac pro for 1/3 the cost of a real mac Just build it yourself and dualboot mac/windows.

Thanks

honestly, for you I would recommend stickng with XP. Are you sure that you want a desktop? IMO, notebooks are becoming comparable to that of a desktop. My next investment will be a dell xps notebook.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Thanks

blah yeh

id say never get vista
    atleast i HATE it
    then again i get vista for 15 bucks if i did want to upgrade
    go A&M!
    haha
    i hate there team tho.
    back on topic

idk i havent really used leopard at all
    so cant say anything on their side

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XUSCBallx View Post
    im looking to get a new desktop computer, im tryin to decide on getting vista, sticking with xp or switching to an apple comp. ive never used one though and would like to see what they were like.. i just wanted to know what everyone would recommend for that and does any1 know a good place where i can get new comps for fairly cheap prices?
    Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one. Here's mine, your least expensive (I won't say cheap) way while maintaining a good quality computer would be to get a Intel Core duo iMac. That way you will have the best of both worlds. XP (or Vista) will work side by side with OSX. I think you'll find though that you'll find no further need for Microsoft once you get using the Mac.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

I agree with Eurisko 100%. I have a MacBook at home, but here at my internship I was forced to run a Dell XP Laptop. I have never used a Windows system until now, but it seems pretty stable and is most certainly cheaper in cost/efficiency. Organize your financial situation, and then get your bang for your buck. If you want to change your completel user experience, then go for the OSX system.

If I were you, I would play with a friends Mac and see if you like the interface, and then check your financial stability and go from there. Please update with what you choose.

-After the rambling, I support Mac 100%.

Reako