+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help to decide if i should upgrade to iphone 3g

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
hey guys, my wife and I have had our iphone 2g since last december. i have the opportunity to sell our iphones for 300 a piece so we can upgrade
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default help to decide if i should upgrade to iphone 3g
    hey guys,

my wife and I have had our iphone 2g since last december. i have the opportunity to sell our iphones for 300 a piece so we can upgrade to the new 3g. my question is, is it really worth it? is the 3g worth the extra money you spend a month for the data plan? i got to play around my bro inlaw's 3g and he did not get 3g reception at his house. just want to know if it is worth the hassle to sell our iphoens and get the new iphones. also, if i sell our phones before getting the new ones will att/apple find out if we don't own the iphones anymore when we go there to upgrade?

just asking the mmi community if it is worth upgrading to the new 3g iphones.

thanks so much!!!!

raphael
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, upgrade. It is 100000% worth it. The 3G speeds are incredibly fast. Apple doesn't care if you've sold your old one and it is not an issue at all.

As far as the data plan, do you use most of your minutes? I actually downgraded from the 900 plan to the lesser one and am paying $10 less a month than I was including the 3G data fee.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ummmmmm if you dont get 3g its not all that great. if you plan to tether then 100% hell ya upgrade. i love mine i have a white 3g, it feels so much better in you hand.
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yea its worth it, i pay $10 less a month as well

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

thanks guys! so if i sell our phones before buying the new 3g, do i just take out our sims from our phones and sell them as is? i mean, yes, some people want it unlocked and i have a tmobile phone that i can use its sim card to unlock and whatnot, but when i sell the iphones to the person, just take out the sim card correct?
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Unless you are in a Metro area, most people do not get the 3g they pay for. It's spotty coverage at best and if you are in a rural area you are practically guaranteed to be on edge more than 3g if at all.

I suggest picking up this months issue of Mac Life. The feature is "5 reasons why you should, and 5 reasons why you should not, buy the 3g iphone".

you can also subscribe online for instant access to this months magazine. Computer Reviews, News, Mac Software for Apple Laptops, iPhone, iPod, Mac | MacLife | Mac|Life
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Exactly what he said. See where you stand. AT&T Coverage Map