Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Added Two More Gigs Of Mem To My Laptop What A Difference

  1. #1
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,535
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    Default Added Two More Gigs Of Mem To My Laptop What A Difference
    Well I bought two more gigs of memory for my Macbook and I can not believe what a difference it has made.... so now I have four gigs in it...

    For the people that want to buy memory and don't know what kind to get I bought mine off this site... it is really nice... just look up your computer download the file for it and it will let you know what type you need for your computer and take you to the order page... and delivery was fast!

    Memory upgrades, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com

  2. #2
    what differences are you noticing? i want to upgrade my macbook

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    Posts
    264
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 53 Times in 27 Posts

    I bought my MacBook Pro with 4GB of RAM already in it. I need it too, just look at my Dock:

    (Click for full size)

    And that's not including the 4 menubar applications that don't have Dock icons.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

    MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

  4. #4
    mine is 2gb and look at my dock

  5. #5
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,535
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by preston03 View Post
    what differences are you noticing? i want to upgrade my macbook
    it doesn't hesitate is much as it was... better performance... not lagging.... before I installed it... it just seemed it was working harder.. and I would hear this little noise from it working... but now that I installed it I don't hear that anymore and I don't see that hesitation...

    It was really easy to install... but if you get more mem just make sure you have a tiny tiny little screw driver.... a phillips by the way.... I had more problems finding a small enough screw driver for it and my center screw was screwed in pretty tight.. but once I got the screws out within seconds I had the new memory installed, put back together and booted it up and headed for the apple and there it was!

    It cost me around $100.00 for two.... two gig chips... now I have two laying around that I am not using.. and I just bought this laptop a couple of months ago...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by theetoothfairy View Post
    it doesn't hesitate is much as it was... better performance... not lagging.... before I installed it... it just seemed it was working harder.. and I would hear this little noise from it working... but now that I installed it I don't hear that anymore and I don't see that hesitation...

    It was really easy to install... but if you get more mem just make sure you have a tiny tiny little screw driver.... a phillips by the way.... I had more problems finding a small enough screw driver for it and my center screw was screwed in pretty tight.. but once I got the screws out within seconds I had the new memory installed, put back together and booted it up and headed for the apple and there it was!

    It cost me around $100.00 for two.... two gig chips... now I have two laying around that I am not using.. and I just bought this laptop a couple of months ago...
    is it faster when you boot? thats good price

  7. #7
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,535
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    I thought I would add... my Macbook is a 2.4 with four gigs now and my IMac is a 2.8 with two gigs.... when I get some more money I will upgrade my IMac as well.... one can never have enough memory today...

    As for your docks... wow what are all the programs that you guys are using? I don't have one extra icon on my dock, my dock is just like it when I bought it... I made a stack and keep my programs in the stack...

    Quote Originally Posted by preston03 View Post
    is it faster when you boot? thats good price
    As far as booting up I was a pc person before the iphone and I think Macs boot up faster than a pc ever did that I built or bought...

    I can let you know later as right now I am in the process of installing apps from the store... ;O)
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 08-18-2008 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #8
    did you buy 2 and replace the 2gb that was in it with the 2 new ones?

  9. #9
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,535
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by preston03 View Post
    did you buy 2 and replace the 2gb that was in it with the 2 new ones?
    Yes I did... I bought two two gig ones.... and took out the two one gig ones.... and will do the same with my IMac as well....

    As for my IMac I am sure it will improve performance... but for my Macbook I just couldn't take its performance anymore so that is why I upgraded it first...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by theetoothfairy View Post
    Yes I did... I bought two two gig ones.... and took out the two one gig ones.... and will do the same with my IMac as well....

    As for my IMac I am sure it will improve performance... but for my Macbook I just couldn't take its performance anymore so that is why I upgraded it first...
    so can i just buy one 2gb or should i do what you did?

  11. #11
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,535
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by preston03 View Post
    so can i just buy one 2gb or should i do what you did?
    I would suggest if you are going to upgrade your memory you might as well get as much as you can afford when you order...

    I would suggested getting two, two gig like I did..

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by theetoothfairy View Post
    I would suggest if you are going to upgrade your memory you might as well get as much as you can afford when you order...

    I would suggested getting two, two gig like I did..
    ok i think thats what ill do, will i lose anything by not having the one that it came with?

  13. #13
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,535
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by preston03 View Post
    ok i think thats what ill do, will i lose anything by not having the one that it came with?
    If you are talking will you loose any of your programs or files.. no you should not... never seen a computer crash from installing memory... the only thing I ever seen was memory errors from a bad memory chip that I bought or with windows.. the blue screen of death back then.. LOL

    It is really easy to install.... here is a video that I found on youtube..

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zjzv-mJxFY&feature=related]YouTube - How to Install Memory into the Apple MacBook[/ame]

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •