Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Added Two More Gigs Of Mem To My Laptop What A Difference

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Default Added Two More Gigs Of Mem To My Laptop What A Difference
    Well I bought two more gigs of memory for my Macbook and I can not believe what a difference it has made.... so now I have four gigs in it...

For the people that want to buy memory and don't know what kind to get I bought mine off this site... it is really nice... just look up your computer download the file for it and it will let you know what type you need for your computer and take you to the order page... and delivery was fast!

Memory upgrades, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com

what differences are you noticing? i want to upgrade my macbook

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought my MacBook Pro with 4GB of RAM already in it. I need it too, just look at my Dock:

(Click for full size)

And that's not including the 4 menubar applications that don't have Dock icons.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

mine is 2gb and look at my dock

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by preston03 View Post
    what differences are you noticing? i want to upgrade my macbook
    it doesn't hesitate is much as it was... better performance... not lagging.... before I installed it... it just seemed it was working harder.. and I would hear this little noise from it working... but now that I installed it I don't hear that anymore and I don't see that hesitation...

It was really easy to install... but if you get more mem just make sure you have a tiny tiny little screw driver.... a phillips by the way.... I had more problems finding a small enough screw driver for it and my center screw was screwed in pretty tight.. but once I got the screws out within seconds I had the new memory installed, put back together and booted it up and headed for the apple and there it was!

It cost me around $100.00 for two.... two gig chips... now I have two laying around that I am not using.. and I just bought this laptop a couple of months ago...

Quote Originally Posted by theetoothfairy View Post
    it doesn't hesitate is much as it was... better performance... not lagging.... before I installed it... it just seemed it was working harder.. and I would hear this little noise from it working... but now that I installed it I don't hear that anymore and I don't see that hesitation...

It was really easy to install... but if you get more mem just make sure you have a tiny tiny little screw driver.... a phillips by the way.... I had more problems finding a small enough screw driver for it and my center screw was screwed in pretty tight.. but once I got the screws out within seconds I had the new memory installed, put back together and booted it up and headed for the apple and there it was!

It cost me around $100.00 for two.... two gig chips... now I have two laying around that I am not using.. and I just bought this laptop a couple of months ago...
    is it faster when you boot? thats good price

Thanks

I thought I would add... my Macbook is a 2.4 with four gigs now and my IMac is a 2.8 with two gigs.... when I get some more money I will upgrade my IMac as well.... one can never have enough memory today...

As for your docks... wow what are all the programs that you guys are using? I don't have one extra icon on my dock, my dock is just like it when I bought it... I made a stack and keep my programs in the stack...

is it faster when you boot? thats good price
    As far as booting up I was a pc person before the iphone and I think Macs boot up faster than a pc ever did that I built or bought...

I can let you know later as right now I am in the process of installing apps from the store... ;O)
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 08-18-2008 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

did you buy 2 and replace the 2gb that was in it with the 2 new ones?

Thanks

did you buy 2 and replace the 2gb that was in it with the 2 new ones?
    Yes I did... I bought two two gig ones.... and took out the two one gig ones.... and will do the same with my IMac as well....

As for my IMac I am sure it will improve performance... but for my Macbook I just couldn't take its performance anymore so that is why I upgraded it first...

Yes I did... I bought two two gig ones.... and took out the two one gig ones.... and will do the same with my IMac as well....

As for my IMac I am sure it will improve performance... but for my Macbook I just couldn't take its performance anymore so that is why I upgraded it first...
    so can i just buy one 2gb or should i do what you did?

Thanks

so can i just buy one 2gb or should i do what you did?
    I would suggest if you are going to upgrade your memory you might as well get as much as you can afford when you order...

I would suggested getting two, two gig like I did..

I would suggest if you are going to upgrade your memory you might as well get as much as you can afford when you order...

I would suggested getting two, two gig like I did..
    ok i think thats what ill do, will i lose anything by not having the one that it came with?

Thanks

ok i think thats what ill do, will i lose anything by not having the one that it came with?
    If you are talking will you loose any of your programs or files.. no you should not... never seen a computer crash from installing memory... the only thing I ever seen was memory errors from a bad memory chip that I bought or with windows.. the blue screen of death back then.. LOL

It is really easy to install.... here is a video that I found on youtube..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zjzv-mJxFY&feature=related]YouTube - How to Install Memory into the Apple MacBook[/ame]