+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A Few Quick Questions

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I am brand spanking new to jailbreaking and moding my iphone, heck im brand new to the iPhone and i had a few quick questions: 1. If you jailbreak and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default A Few Quick Questions
    I am brand spanking new to jailbreaking and moding my iphone, heck im brand new to the iPhone and i had a few quick questions:

1. If you jailbreak and install jailbroken apps like for instance that kart racing game, what if the kart games developer comes out with an update like how the app store does for purchased items, are you still able to update automatically or do you have to install a whole new version manually?

2. how do you get 2.0.2 and have it work with windows? can someone give me a link. Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

1.you have it the other way around friend
    jailbrocken devs update just the bit that needs updating the app-store makes you re-download the app/ re install
    2. 2.0.2 isnt realsed yet but 2.0.1 is and you cant jailbrake it on windows yet
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    1.you have it the other way around friend
    jailbrocken devs update just the bit that needs updating the app-store makes you re-download the app/ re install
    2. 2.0.2 isnt realsed yet but 2.0.1 is and you cant jailbrake it on windows yet
    But if you update just the part that needs updating, do you still have to login to the devs website to see if there are updates, then download it onto your computer then sync it with your iphone? Theres no way that your phone can be told there are updates and ask u to update just like the app store does? Or do you have to check manually yourself for any updates to the app? Cuz the apps that i have get updated almost daily.

Whats cydia?

Thanks
    Last edited by iLLuSi0nS; 08-09-2008 at 11:46 AM.