+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tired of Jailbreaking and Unlocking

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Is there anyone else that is getting tired of the up keep that we have to give to our needy phones to have them on another network???? I am I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone owensdus's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tired of Jailbreaking and Unlocking
    Is there anyone else that is getting tired of the up keep that we have to give to our needy phones to have them on another network????
    I am I have been doing it myself and helping others for a year now. I am throwing in the towel.

Just wanted to see if there is anyone else out there that is thinking the same thing.

Thanks

Im already on at&t, so its not too bad, but yeah, it gets annoying having everything the way you want, then apple drops an update, and you have to wait to see if you CAN update without losing everything. must be a whole lot more to do if you have to unlock, huh?

Thanks

I love jailbreaking and unlocking my phone, but I hate reinstalling applications . I would never consider throwing in the towel though. Just look how long it took for us to update from 1.1.4 to 2.0. You should stick around and wait until there is a stable version of 2.0 .
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Thanks

not to much more.
    Apple is getting to involved with what they want you to have on the phone you OWN.
    I just bought me and my GF 2 new blackberries.

Thanks

Yuck. Blackberries more like shnoz berries!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Thanks

LoL yeah but I dont have to worry about hearing my phone anymore and I can also copy paste and MMS ....... So HA LoL, I love my iphone but like I was saying upkeep I am tired of it

Thanks

It's part of the fun. I've been modding phones (hardware and software) for over a decade now.

Thanks

nope not me..

this is one of my HOBBIES.

i hate having a phone that looks like everyones else aka ''STOCK''..i like to have something thats different from others with my own personal taste

Thanks

It does get a little frustrating when you mod the phone to your liking & another update comes out, you have to start from scratch again, as stated above putting the apps in again is a pain. I have thought of throwing in the towel a few times, but i enjoy it & just couldn't have the standard look.

Thanks

its one of my hobbies too.it can get frustrating waiting for apps to get ported and all but I too am att so don't have to unlock although I currently am. If it weren't for modding stuff. I wouldn't know what I would to with my time. Modding saves me from paying someone else. I'd have to get a really Boring job or something.
    I mod not only phones but anything. Modding is a way of life.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quit screwing with your phone.

i set mine up ONCE, 6 months ago...... loving it and all 90 apps since.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Definitely like having it as a MyPhone.

And I think I'm the only person on the planet that still uses the PradoPlus SummerBoard theme, nobody seems to use it but me.

The one thing I started doing since 1.1.4 is keeping a rough log of what I do/install (the more permanent things) for when the eventual time to upgrade/update or restore comes around. Like yesterday, I restored my phone, followed my (brief) list of things I normally want to have on the phone and I was done not too long after. Under 1.1.4 it was badly needed for me, all the raw SSH installation of apps and fixing permissions I can never remember verbatim, so I just write it down (Stickies.app ftw!).
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.

Thanks

I give them the website and tlel them what to download.. and thats it.

And i enjoy Jailbreaking makes me even more flashy in school.
    EDM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

could some one pm me a good link or info to unlock

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I used to love jailbreaking and modding the iPhone, because it's the best way to be unproductive at the office. I can't enjoy jailbroken apps for the moment until my new iPhone arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallemerica View Post
    could some one pm me a good link or info to unlock
    Google and iPhone | iPod touch forums, news, themes, apps, games, unlock, jailbreak community - ModMyI.com
    Last edited by weezyhuy; 08-09-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Even though i have fun jailbreaking and hacking my iPhone. i just spent 3 hours last night and two hours today jailbreaking. That took a lot of cod4 time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asthmatic View Post
    Even though i have fun jailbreaking and hacking my iPhone. i just spent 3 hours last night and two hours today jailbreaking. That took a lot of cod4 time.
    amen brother i love cod4 lol all the new updates and everything are cool and finding new ways to jailbreak or pwn the iphone are fun and challenging re downloading the apps suck but the #1 bummer for me is how complicated everything is getting(the new customize,i thought the old one was more ssh friendly) and the fact that people are making you pay for their programs...i remember the good ole days when everything was free and it was just cool to get an app featured in installer to make ppl happy now its all about the money...guess i was just a fool for not seeing that one coming

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    I love jailbreaking and unlocking my phone, but I hate reinstalling applications . I would never consider throwing in the towel though. Just look how long it took for us to update from 1.1.4 to 2.0. You should stick around and wait until there is a stable version of 2.0 .
    exactly the same///
    previously known as iWant 1.1.1
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

Thanks

I like jailbreaking because when iPod touch first came out last october (Canada) I got it first. There were about 3 kids in the school with one also so I stood out. Within a few months more and more people got them so I jailbroke aka pimped my iPod touch and made it awesome which set me aside from all the nubs. Once I jailbroke enough iPods for the nubs I needed something better so I went to the US and bought me an iPhone. No one else had one and everyone thought it was so cool. Now that the 3G iPhone is out I bought one but I need to be better than everyone else so I am going to jailbreak it.

Jailbreaking shows your skill and makes you better than the rest. No quitting for me

iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Thanks

Pfft Fighting back at a big corporation like apple! Been Jailbreaking and unlocking phone since the day i got it. Up yours Jobs!

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!