Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tired of Jailbreaking and Unlocking

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I love modding my iPhone. Things have got so much easier as well. I upgraded to 2.01 yesterday and it only took me 10 mins without any proper use of the brain. If you just noted down the apps you have, the layout etc... then everything is all gravy.

Man I do wish jailbreaking was like it was though, it doesn't feel like a challenge anymore and I don't get that sense of satisfaction when you have successfully upgraded to the next firmware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I love modding my iPhone. Things have got so much easier as well. I upgraded to 2.01 yesterday and it only took me 10 mins without any proper use of the brain. If you just noted down the apps you have, the layout etc... then everything is all gravy.

Man I do wish jailbreaking was like it was though, it doesn't feel like a challenge anymore and I don't get that sense of satisfaction when you have successfully upgraded to the next firmware.
    Yeah i agree in some sense. The first unlock i did was Ziphone on 1.1.4, My first winPWN unlock was awesome to do. Second time around its "Meh. Tick box, load this. DFU mode"

And yet i still love to do it

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you threw in the groupie towel. meaning you were doing it for the "cool" factor rather then jus doing it because you enjoy it.

i used to love my psp, but my iphone is like a psp replacement that can make phone calls.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

I agree, my psp don't get a look in!! Can't wait for gba, vlc and psx to make it on my 3g. DivX Mario Kart and Gran Turismo and I'll be a happy man!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    I agree, my psp don't get a look in!! Can't wait for gba, vlc and psx to make it on my 3g. DivX Mario Kart and Gran Turismo and I'll be a happy man!!
    Yesh i am awaiting GBA4iPhone. I loved that emulator

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    I love jailbreaking and unlocking my phone, but I hate reinstalling applications . I would never consider throwing in the towel though. Just look how long it took for us toWho update from 1.1.4 to 2.0. You should stick around and wait until there is a stable version of 2.0 .
    ME TOO,i HATE reinstalling apps
    it's ********
    **** APPLE.
    **** YOU.
    **** THIS SITE
    whoever made this site is a perv

Pshhhhh are you kidding?!!! It's definitely a hobby I've modded every phone I've ever had with the exception (there's always one) of my nextel i1000plus. Basically what I heard was the equivalent of "I'm tired of liking girls, I'm gonna go do some d00dz"

Yea every time I was bored at home I would hack my PSP and put themes and trick it out, now Its all about my iPhone, but I still get PSP isos lol cant beat free games.

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

It gets annoying sure, but it's taught me to be extremely careful with my data. Haha, I have an ENTIRE folder in My Documents for all my iPhone stuff (themes, icons, wallpaper, database files, screenshots of my icon order) so whenever a new (and hopefully better) version drops I can just pick up where I left off.

Thanks

I started with ziphone while on 1.1.4. it was just a push-the-damned-button deal, but still, scariest 30 seconds ever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12