Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why does this site run so slow?

Question Why does this site run so slow?
    I love this site and it has all the information you need but at times it runs so slow and it takes several attempts to get to a page and a lot of times you can not even get on the site! Just wondering. I try at work and at home and get the same results most of the time.
    HaRdWiReD

Green Apple
    Thanks

i get the same thing......

same problem...i love the website...but it is really slow...

Thanks

Cause people repost so much shat!

Thanks

Thanks

Because some people post the same thread four times.

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    ... which is usually an accident caused because you get a "page cannot be displayed" error after trying to make a post, causing you to try again! Also a function of the site being slow/glitchy. Don't blame poster.
    Last edited by MOSHO92; 01-28-2008 at 05:51 PM.

sorry, repost
    Last edited by MOSHO92; 01-28-2008 at 05:48 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

because the servers are really laggy. they also have been having problems with their servers
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cybergeek2021 For This Useful Post:

UV RAYS (01-28-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow, ask a simple question and get alot of slack. Seems like a good question to me and if your responders had a half of a brain they would realize when the site is running slow and pages are not loading properly, the possibility of re-posting due to that fact can happen easily. So why don't you you guys go pick on someone that really needs it...like someone who asks questions that have already been asked a hundred times in the same thread....or those people that post the same comment that someone else has already posted right before them...case in point...

"Cause people repost so much shat!" ...

"Because some people post the same thread four times."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dr33Rocks For This Useful Post:

Hardwired (01-28-2008)

it keep telling me that the page was unavalible after trying to post so i tried it again trying to post
    HaRdWiReD

more bandwidth on mmi's part would help too

I'm curious about how many hits a day the site is getting.

I'm also wondering what the leased bandwith for the servers is compared to the actual throughput a day from users.
    iPhone 8GB 1.1.3 Jailbroken

If I helped you out any, please Thank me!

also slow the installer on refresh due the laggy servers

personally i think Vbulletin has always been a slow POC but i dont think the graphics MMi lets users upload helps either. i hate seeing signatures with a huge banner makes the site look ******(er) and frankly the ads could use a better placement. also black is getting old (im off to find a "theme" option)...

Edit: found the option to hide sigs and avatars
    Last edited by eminem213486; 01-28-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Guys. This has been addressed so many times - we are working hard on putting more money into this and getting all the server configs up and running beautifully.

The Installer lags have absolutely nothing to do with MMi anymore - our installer.xml file has its own server.

We are growing very fast, and keeping up with it requires money and time, which we are putting into it. Don't worry, we are on it, it is not always immediate when adding new hardware and configuring stuff.

Bottom line, we're aware of the issues and working overtime to fix them.

And the sig images have nothing to do with it, its the databases of posts.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 01-28-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwired View Post
    I love this site and it has all the information you need but at times it runs so slow and it takes several attempts to get to a page and a lot of times you can not even get on the site! Just wondering. I try at work and at home and get the same results most of the time.
    Because we are growing really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by cadugauch View Post
    same problem...i love the website...but it is really slow...
    thanks for the love

Quote Originally Posted by cybergeek2021 View Post
    because the servers are really laggy. they also have been having problems with their servers
    we are continually doing our best to improve things

Quote Originally Posted by dr33Rocks View Post
    Wow, ask a simple question and get alot of slack. Seems like a good question to me and if your responders had a half of a brain they would realize when the site is running slow and pages are not loading properly, the possibility of re-posting due to that fact can happen easily. So why don't you you guys go pick on someone that really needs it...like someone who asks questions that have already been asked a hundred times in the same thread....or those people that post the same comment that someone else has already posted right before them...case in point...

"Cause people repost so much shat!" ...

"Because some people post the same thread four times."
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by 5h00p3r_MAN View Post
    more bandwidth on mmi's part would help too
    wrong

Quote Originally Posted by EffeXTC View Post
    I'm curious about how many hits a day the site is getting.

I'm also wondering what the leased bandwith for the servers is compared to the actual throughput a day from users.
    we don't really look at hits, our network of servers is handling about 26 million pageviews monthly.

We have unlimited bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by icepick4u View Post
    also slow the installer on refresh due the laggy servers
    wrong, not a single installer repo file is hosted on our servers that are handling the site.

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHO92 View Post
    ... which is usually an accident caused because you get a "page cannot be displayed" error after trying to make a post, causing you to try again! Also a function of the site being slow/glitchy. Don't blame poster.
    it happens

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHO92 View Post
    sorry, repost
    you're forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwired View Post
    it keep telling me that the page was unavalible after trying to post so i tried it again trying to post
    oops

Quote Originally Posted by eminem213486 View Post
    personally i think Vbulletin has always been a slow POC but i dont think the graphics MMi lets users upload helps either. i hate seeing signatures with a huge banner makes the site look ******(er) and frankly the ads could use a better placement. also black is getting old (im off to find a "theme" option)...

Edit: found the option to hide sigs and avatars
    the graphics has nothing to do with it, you are right vbulletin has known issues when sites get this big, we are working to recode vb. Congrats at finding the turn off option

@ everyone I hope that these threads make everyone feel better, since there is one every other day. We have 3 people working full time to make everything as quick and as stable as possible. We will continue giving 100% and trying various solutions until we come up with something that works. Site lag stresses us out more than it does you and we are committed to improve everything, please be patient.

edit: or what that guy above me said
    Last edited by Cody Overcash; 01-28-2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

PF & Cash, just know that most of the informed people on here are aware of the uphill battle you guys face in keeping the site fast, but also free to its members and on behalf of everyone I would like to say thank you to all of your hard work and dedication to the site.

/brown-nosing
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by auburnguy32 View Post
    PF & Cash, just know that most of the informed people on here are aware of the uphill battle you guys face in keeping the site fast, but also free to its members and on behalf of everyone I would like to say thank you to all of your hard work and dedication to the site.

/brown-nosing
    I second that! I raise my glass of wonderful Hazed And Infused Ale to all of you at MMi!!

Cheers!!!

LoL! Sorry for the triple post. Its kinda of funny it happened in this topic though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast