Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GUY ACCIDENTIALY BUY`i am rich` for $999.99

Default GUY ACCIDENTIALY BUY`i am rich` for $999.99
    guy has accidentally purchased the $999.99 "I Am Rich" app and is desperately seeking Apple help to negate the sale.

The $999.99 "I Am Rich" app was created by Armin Heinrich. It also features a "secret mantra" that "may help you to stay rich, healthy and successful." In reality the app does nothing but showcase your wealth.

This review of the app was posted by the customer desperately trying to get his money back.
    What do you think? Should he get his money back?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -6981.png  

This is the kind of dude that if you put a big red button in a nuclear power plant saying "Do not press" - well he would press it

Thanks

Guess the jokes on him.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

lol. He deserves it by even joking about clicking the "buy" button.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

He may be just faking it..

Thanks

What a FAIL!
    EDM

Armin Heinrich is one genius character, as absurd this application may be, there is a physiological side to it. As tempted as I am to purchase the application subconsciously but consciously facing reality, every penny of $999.99 is needed considering today's economy. With that being said, there has to be many people out there that wished they would've thought of this application and strategy first.

Back to the subject, the jokes on the guy who bought. Has anyone look through the Terms of Condition of the App Store about such "mistakes". There's a uncertainty to this outcome, however I can say it's not very bright.

Considering I can purchase any app, and ask Apple to refund my payment as I've "mistakenly" purchased. That was surely an easy $700 for the developer and $300 for Apple. I definitely have to rethink my stock market strategy towards RIM .

Thanks

Somebody did think of this first, it was called the "Pet Rock"
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Somebody did think of this first, it was called the "Pet Rock"
    Agreed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

what a moron

Ouch, this is real bad... but other side a great idea to make some serious cash...

Think of all the rich kids playing with their iPhones and buying stuff like this... LOL

In my opinion, the buyer is fully responsible for what he/she buys in the app store.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

That is one way to get 0wn3d
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

How do you accidentally press the buy button buy mistake?
    EDM

Thanks

That is a veeeeery happy developer right now.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

iRoach74 (08-08-2008), playful_cyanide (08-10-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

What an idiot. I feel no pity for the guy. It's his own damn fault for pressing the BUY button. So yeah, joke's on him!
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

hehe he should've did a little research before buying something... i don't think he should get any kinda refund... obviously you can't accidentally press the "buy" button like everyone else has said. he should've jailbreaked and installed the one on cydia for lets say "absolutely free"

even if u accidentally press buy dont you indeed need to accidently verify your account password as well???

if not then there will be no more "let me see how that iphone of yours works" ------------BACK THE F^@k UP AND PLAY WITH THE ONES IN THE APPLE STORE!!! OR HAVE DAD BY YOU ONE MOM.

Thanks

The world has to stop protecting people from their own stupidity. It only perpetuates the ignorance. Society has become so accepting of mediocrity and negligence it makes me sick. I can accept an honest mistake, we all make them from time to time. But sheer ignorance is unacceptable.

Look at all the tv commercials for insurance. They show people doing dumba$$ stuff like turning and looking at their passengers. and they have an accident adn the just of the ad is "we have you covered". I'd rather then see people with both hands on the wheel and both eyes on the road and have the statement be something like, no matter how aware or alert you are, accidents can happen...

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

this guy needs to accidentally kill himself

21. The Following User Says Thank You to sedjav For This Useful Post:

datkidbraze (08-09-2008)

Sometimes you gotta pay for being stupid, this guy actually did it. Live and learn, I bet he won't be buying anything that easy again.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast