+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: GUY ACCIDENTIALY BUY`i am rich` for $999.99

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
lol looks like warez is more safe than appstores....
...
  1. #41
    Green Apple HITCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere at the Universe ๏ ̯ ͡๏
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    lol looks like warez is more safe than appstores....


  2. #42
    Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,917
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 129 Times in 102 Posts

    Ha, what an idiot... Thought that Apple would post a Joke and not really charge 999.99, what an idiot. He doesn't deserve a refund at all. He deserves to walk off of a cliff.

  3. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Emir S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    213
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by THEdAY View Post
    This is very unfortunate.
    There are people in this world not as intelligent, not as strong, does that mean we can take advantage of them?

    We are not wild animals where it's survival of the fittest. We are human beings who should help those who are less intelligent and weaker.

    If you think this is o.k., would you seriously want the appstore filled with apps like this one?
    I disagree with you on your point here.

    We should help the weaker and less fortunate...not the ignorant.
    Elders need our support, our children do too and so do the physically and mentally disadvantaged.

    People who have been babied by life and skated through by ignorance and disrespect for our society need not only be ignored, they need to be punished to a certain extent.

    Due to said individuals, we have lawsuits about hot coffee and people drying pets in the microwave. We have laws that hider intelligent every day living just to protect the ignorant.

    There was a posted price for the app. Individual bought it, confirmed the purchase and installed it.
    A three step process that can not be made by mistake and requires conscious user input.

    I see no grounds for a refund here. If anything, he/she needs to be fined for attempted fraud.

    Also, the app itself is not fraudulent as the apps description clearly states it's purpose. Hence why it was allowed by Apple.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emir S. For This Useful Post:

    dale1v (08-08-2008), ih8vtec13 (08-08-2008)

  5. #44
    Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,917
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 129 Times in 102 Posts

    Amen.

  6. #45
    Green Apple HITCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere at the Universe ๏ ̯ ͡๏
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Zeal maybe the same way ppl upgrade to 2.0.1 by mistake...

    all i said IF i were victim on that... for sure i will take revange.
    just wonder if that person is native from UK..or Nigeria.. the lands of scamers.. shame on apple too because is the same way ppl get addicted to any stupid toy that apple release.. no matter if it hazarous as iphone components ... i dont see any advise o that...

    anyways if this was true... the end of appl is near... i think is kind of sad...see how ppl justify a delincuent behavior..
    Last edited by HITCH; 08-08-2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #46
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    "I Am Rich" has been taken off the App Store if anyone is wondering where it went.

  8. #47
    Super Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 394 Times in 268 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Emir S. View Post
    I disagree with you on your point here.

    We should help the weaker and less fortunate...not the ignorant.
    Elders need our support, our children do too and so do the physically and mentally disadvantaged.

    People who have been babied by life and skated through by ignorance and disrespect for our society need not only be ignored, they need to be punished to a certain extent.

    Due to said individuals, we have lawsuits about hot coffee and people drying pets in the microwave. We have laws that hider intelligent every day living just to protect the ignorant.

    There was a posted price for the app. Individual bought it, confirmed the purchase and installed it.
    A three step process that can not be made by mistake and requires conscious user input.

    I see no grounds for a refund here. If anything, he/she needs to be fined for attempted fraud.

    Also, the app itself is not fraudulent as the apps description clearly states it's purpose. Hence why it was allowed by Apple.
    Emir S has spoken.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

  9. #48
    Green Apple HITCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere at the Universe ๏ ̯ ͡๏
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    ...
    Last edited by HITCH; 08-08-2008 at 01:09 PM.

  10. #49
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Earth.
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 463 Times in 270 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Emir S. View Post
    There was a posted price for the app. Individual bought it, confirmed the purchase and installed it.
    A three step process that can not be made by mistake and requires conscious user input.
    I

    While I do agree with most of your comment, some of the individuals (like the one in the review pic) had the 1-click buy option on, so there was no confirmation.

    Incredibly idiotic anyways to even attempt to "buy" it as a joke, but just throwing it out there.

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  11. #50
    Super Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 394 Times in 268 Posts

    1 click buy option is folly, the possibilities are endless. You don't know what will happen. That was his first mistake. When it comes to money, take all precautions and safety nets. I would rather go through THREE pages of confirmations and be SURE of my purchase than click on a button ONCE and then realize- "Oh- I messed up. "
    When you're with friends, you don't play around with money, unless you're gambling or something. That was his second mistake.
    If the buy button works on all the other apps in the AppStore, "common" sense would imply that it would work on this one...He thought it was a "joke"
    Seeing that he has a wife, one would think that he would be old, mature and smart enough to realize and anticipate the consequences! He did not.

    Foolish, to be honest.
    Last edited by dale1v; 08-08-2008 at 01:40 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

  12. #51
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts

    Hi Emir, you have good points regarding the lawsuits and I agree with those examples you posted about the hot coffee and pets in microwaves.

    But I am taking this example on its own, as a case by case basis.

    In this case, by allowing someone with an iPhone to even have the opportunity to purchase apps like this is a very dangerous route for future practices.

    Let me first say that yes, this guy made an idiotic mistake but maybe just maybe he's really not an idiot. He had mentioned he was with his friends and having fun. Even smart people do stupid things when around their friends.

    The issue is really what can we allow society to become?
    Do we want to have apps like this floating around the appstore?

    Also you had mentioned the three step process for purchasing the app.
    If I recall, this person's wife had set up itunes to have one click purchase.

    You say "People who have been babied by life and skated through by ignorance and disrespect for our society need not only be ignored, they need to be punished to a certain extent." I Agree.

    I don't think this individual should be considered "one who has disrespect for our society" by purchasing this app.

    Wouldn't the developer putting this app "out there" be the one considered having disrespect for our society?
    It comes down to what were his intentions. Did the developer put this app out there for the wealthy to buy and show off or did he put it out there to take advantage of peoples stupidity.

  13. #52
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Emir, + eleventybillion!!!!!!!!!!

    Yes I do feel kind of bad for the guy, well after he told his wife what an idiot he was, and for his friends ripping on him for being the butt of the current largest joke on the internet, but that is all. He is a moron that does not deserve his money back and he deserves whatever ridicule and anger his wife shows him. I really do sympathize with her, I mean look at the guy she married, he was probably smokin a joint or drink some beers with friends thought it would be funny to click the buy and then got a buzzkill.

    Long story short, man up, except that you screwed up, and move on. It was clearly stated what it did and how much it was all buttons are the same. It is the same thing as parents wanting the government to censor TV cause they can't do it even with tools like the V-Chip. your actions are your responsibility and it is sad that people can't except that anymore.

  14. #53
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iRoach74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by THEdAY View Post
    Hi Emir, you have good points regarding the lawsuits and I agree with those examples you posted about the hot coffee and pets in microwaves.

    But I am taking this example on its own, as a case by case basis.

    In this case, by allowing someone with an iPhone to even have the opportunity to purchase apps like this is a very dangerous route for future practices.

    Let me first say that yes, this guy made an idiotic mistake but maybe just maybe he's really not an idiot. He had mentioned he was with his friends and having fun. Even smart people do stupid things when around their friends.

    The issue is really what can we allow society to become?
    Do we want to have apps like this floating around the appstore?

    Also you had mentioned the three step process for purchasing the app.
    If I recall, this person's wife had set up itunes to have one click purchase.

    You say "People who have been babied by life and skated through by ignorance and disrespect for our society need not only be ignored, they need to be punished to a certain extent." I Agree.

    I don't think this individual should be considered "one who has disrespect for our society" by purchasing this app.

    Wouldn't the developer putting this app "out there" be the one considered having disrespect for our society?
    It comes down to what were his intentions. Did the developer put this app out there for the wealthy to buy and show off or did he put it out there to take advantage of peoples stupidity.
    yeah!! like me! im smart but i did stupid thinng and jump of balcuny and brakee my leg and it hutr. dose that maek mee stupdi??!

  15. #54
    Super Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 394 Times in 268 Posts

    yes
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

  16. #55
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ok yeah that was a poor move on his part.
    But why not give him his money back, I understand we don't want to perpetuate negligence.
    But I think it's more important not to perpetuate internet scamming.

    I'll also add that 50% of the time or so I'm not asked for my itunes password, I think there's a timer, cause if I make a purcahse it will ask me, and if I make another only a few minutes later it doesn't/

  17. #56
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Emir S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    213
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chains View Post
    Ok yeah that was a poor move on his part.
    But why not give him his money back, I understand we don't want to perpetuate negligence.
    But I think it's more important not to perpetuate internet scamming.

    I'll also add that 50% of the time or so I'm not asked for my itunes password, I think there's a timer, cause if I make a purcahse it will ask me, and if I make another only a few minutes later it doesn't/
    Well the simple argument is this:

    Why would an individual believe that software mainly targeted as a channel for creating profit for developers and Apple (app store is the software in question) would include an item with a "joke" price tag?

    I can't think of a single reasonable explanation for this and so I believe that the individual who bought the app is at fault here.

    Also, the app is/was not scam by any means.
    Scamming, by definition, is an attempt to lure a potential buyer under false pretenses.
    This app did no such thing as it's purpose was clearly included in the description. And then there is the name, if the decription wasn't clear enough.

    Those arguing ethics and morality are, in my opinion, misunderstanding the situation.

    And while this is simply my opinion on the whole issue, U.S. law seems to agree with it as it currently stands.

    @THEdAY (a bit late, I realize)
    I never called the individual stupid. It's such a relative term. We all do idiotic things quite often.

    And I do agree with you that the dev's sole purpose was to create an app to see if he can get "lucky" with it with in hopes that an "iPod brainwashed Apple fan" would buy it.

    Now, while the person(s) who purchased this app might have not been the main target audience, Apple has gladly signed the App, displayed it in the App Store and taken their cut thus eliminating doubt about the legality of this app or it's potentially immoral and unethical purpose.

    Apple has created a fairly solid channel for iPhone Apps by setting a very strict set of rules as well as procedures.
    Prices are very clearly displayed , every App contains a description of what it does, purchases need account verification (individuals bypassing this feature in order to speed up the purchase process are taking a risk beyond this and are responsible for "mistake" purchases).
    Prior to all this, all apps are quality/content checked and approved before released to the general public. (All this is according to Apple, obviously)

    This system prevents scam apps, amongst other things, and so the buyers are safe in this regard.
    Those curious to see if the price of a certain app was a joke seem to have gotten their answer.
    No jokes in the App Store
    Last edited by Emir S.; 08-18-2008 at 12:40 AM.

  18. #57
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hitch View Post

    just wonder if that person is native from uk..or nigeria.. The lands of scamers..
    lol!

  19. #58
    My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Wyandotte, Michigan
    Posts
    818
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 309 Times in 185 Posts

    I say screw him...
    I'll bet he was drunk and trying to impress someone....
    Com'on " I forgot I had the iClick activated" Duh! I guess he only buys one or two things a YEAR from iTunes, then you could forget what happens when you click "BUY"

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts