Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yerrrp! new to forum new to iphone

Default Yerrrp! new to forum new to iphone
    Whats up dudes?!

So heres my issue, hope you guys can help me here.

I wont get to far into details of how this all happend but basically i bought an iphone 3G off some dude couple of weeks back and im trying to figure out how i can make this thing work for me. (my blackberry just died on me out of no where and im screwed for a phone right now)

1st. i want to know if this unlockable yet. It says on the main page of this site that 2.0 is unlocked but no 3G? kind of a mixed signal. not sure if thats old news or what.

2nd. im on tmobile. am i even able to run this thing on tmobile yet?

3rd. there is some sort of passcode lock which leads me to believe that this thing was either found or stolen. im not really to thrilled with the idea that i may have a phone that was stolen from someone but i was drunk when i bought it (totally not a good idea, no idea what i was thinking, definitely not a good look but for some reason at the time i thought i was getting the best deal ever. =/ ) none the less, i paid $200 for this thing like a jack *** in hopes that i would be able to hook it up and now my blackberry is dead and im really scrambling to get this thing up and running.

any help would be greatly appreciated. and i apologize in advance if you guys that frequent the board are getting a million of these types of threads a day.

ez all
    -Jay

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Pretty sure 3g iphone wont work on any other service. 2.0 is the firmwire since it cant be unlocked, which is used by the first gen iPhone as well. Those phones can be used on Tmobile. From my understanding Tmobile doesnt even have a 3g service.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmericAn View Post
    Pretty sure 3g iphone wont work on any other service. 2.0 is the firmwire since it cant be unlocked, which is used by the first gen iPhone as well. Those phones can be used on Tmobile. From my understanding Tmobile doesnt even have a 3g service.
    That about sums it up. But i must say that there will be unlocking sometime here in the future but you probably wont be able to t-mobiles high speed data network if they do have one because it runs on a different frequency than att.

Also, is you cant past the passcode then i dont think there is much you can do with it. and for $200, it probably was stolen since they are going for $700-900 or more on ebay.
    Last edited by tyfly867; 08-08-2008 at 09:15 AM.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

Thanks

You can use the search button 99.9% chance you question has been answered
    EDM