Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackberry = no innovation

Default blackberry = no innovation
    how do u guys think iPhone owns blackberry :-D I say plain text menus vs icons that wiggle. And in the blackberry pearl case little ball and weird keyboard vs Steve jobs @ keynote slide to unlock.

;-)

Thanks

iPhone owns any phone to this date...

Altho i want side ways texting.. badly.
    EDM

It is deffinatly getting better, it just needs to be unlocked, support MMS, and take video and have customization software to really make it great from factory, no hacks required.

iPhone versus Blackberry - Two different devices, can not be compared.
    I carrying both device, both does something the other doesn't do.

However I must say, I really want the iPhone to become the superior device just because it's capability. To do that, Apple really needs to look into security, email encryption, device encryption. mobile Me is a new comer, with a ton of room to build upon. 12 months from now, Blackberry will definitely see some competition.

However I must say even with Exchange support the iPhone is no business device (terrible lack of software and security). Even with the "updated Blackberry 4.5 OS and HTML Email", the Blackberry is horrible at with it's interface.

However, the Blackberry interface is great in an office environment, as it provides to the point UI, and cause less of distractions.
    Last edited by weezyhuy; 08-04-2008 at 05:45 PM.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^^Same here, I think the blackberry is an exceptional "corporate" device, I have used a few and they were some of the best cell phones I have had.

Now, as far as just plain cool, fun and all around kickass - Iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have both and I can't really say I can put one or the other one down permanently.

First off, the Blackberry does have superior reception, and it really gets the job done.

But the iPhone definitely is a fantastic phone and the other poster is right, if it will come with MMS, video recording, flash. It would be a much better phone. But in comparison, the iPhone is still a much younger phone. Blackberries have been out since forever.

But I think it's good that these two companies are producing phones that can be competitive... It only makes them better and better!

I can't wait for the Blackberry Bold

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

iphone owns black berry? what about video recording, cut and paste, bluetooth, MMS among others
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by cspec View Post
    I have both and I can't really say I can put one or the other one down permanently.

I can't wait for the Blackberry Bold
    Definitely agree, I can not leave one down permanently. On the weekends, I just forward my BES emails to my exchange emails to use my iPhone. I am a younger guy, therefore it just fits my age to carry an iPhone on the weekends. The iPhone has a lot of room to mature, considering it's email and security features. However I can not blame the iPhone in that field, it's a newcomer compared to the ancient Blackberry.

The Blackberry Bold was just released in Chile, and to other countries pretty soon. Let just hope you won't be another buyer to bid against me on eBay.

As a multimedia device, iPhone comes superior hands down. However, I would not dare store any business accounts on my iPhone, even in one of the "password storage" applications. I can not find any information of the security encryption of the iPhone, but a 4 digit pass lock.
    Last edited by weezyhuy; 08-05-2008 at 08:09 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ^ lol, agreed!

Hopefully we can both enjoy the Bold!

Thanks

I own both, and I have to say that the BB is a better over-all device as far as usefulness goes. My Curve has turn-by-turn GPS, push email, copy/paste and video recorder to name a few. The iPhone is an excellent device for music/movies but for real "usability" the BB wins hands-down IMHO.
    Apples taste good.

I do everything on my Iphone that i did on my curve. The only thing that sucked on the curve was the music player and the internet, other than that it was great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

honestly after using the keyboard on a black berry it reasured me that iPhone is the best device out there, the keys on the BB are just to small and I got small hands im not a big guy so I can only imagine what 6 foot guys do with a black berry. I know most people say physical keyboard is better but honestly I type so damn fast on my iphone faster then any other hand held device i ever used. Also interface a lone is hands down better, resolution hands down better, email internet, sms, ect its all better imo same complexity of a BB but with a simple apple interface got to love it!

not hating on the BB though still a good device!

Quote Originally Posted by Kruejl View Post
    I own both, and I have to say that the BB is a better over-all device as far as usefulness goes. My Curve has turn-by-turn GPS, push email, copy/paste and video recorder to name a few. The iPhone is an excellent device for music/movies but for real "usability" the BB wins hands-down IMHO.
    Agreed. I lost every single auction for the Blackberry Bold, all were around $3,200.

Quote Originally Posted by iChopPryde View Post
    honestly after using the keyboard on a black berry it reasured me that iPhone is the best device out there, the keys on the BB are just to small and I got small hands im not a big guy so I can only imagine what 6 foot guys do with a black berry. I know most people say physical keyboard is better but honestly I type so damn fast on my iphone faster then any other hand held device i ever used. Also interface a lone is hands down better, resolution hands down better, email internet, sms, ect its all better imo same complexity of a BB but with a simple apple interface got to love it!

not hating on the BB though still a good device!
    I must say I type very fast on my iPhone also, however it takes me even shorter on my Blackberry* (*auto complete). With constant word or phrases I use often, I just assign it to a shortcut key. It greatly reduce the time needed to type an email. Along with copy and paste, that's a feature I really believe the iPhone should have.

Email, is definitely NOT better on the iPhone, HTML rendering yes, however mobileMe or exchange can not compete with our BES. Also, I feel uncomfortable to send a sensitive email over the iPhone.
    Last edited by weezyhuy; 08-06-2008 at 10:43 AM.

I have not had the pleasure of owning a Blackberry (I may look into the Bold) however the complaints I have been seeing about the iPhone (MMS, E-mail service, etc.) are things Apple could change for a low fee. Now I don't know about the e-mail service and how much that would be, but here is a free tip for Apple

LISTEN TO YOUR DAMN CUSTOMERS!

Quote Originally Posted by jm12345 View Post
    I have not had the pleasure of owning a Blackberry (I may look into the Bold) however the complaints I have been seeing about the iPhone (MMS, E-mail service, etc.) are things Apple could change for a low fee. Now I don't know about the e-mail service and how much that would be, but here is a free tip for Apple

LISTEN TO YOUR DAMN CUSTOMERS!
    Push email from Apple is $100/year, standard Blackberry Plans for individuals is around $19.99 to $29.99 a month. But the iPhone does support Exchange, so there's many third party solutions. It's up to your preference, but may I suggest the Bold. I just order my mine from the only seller on eBay, I've order pre-leased Eten way back, he's a trusted seller. I can't wait for it to come.

However I must say, iPhone users are much more flexible, open minded compared to Blackberry users. The Blackberry users I am used to, refused to use any other devices, nor even listen to details about any other devices than their Blackberry. A client of mine today has a Blackberry 7210, however he still believes its the newest technology available.

Corporate approved the iPhone on the network this morning, now it's 2AM, and I've received the profile configuration settings from IT. I think it's a delay in with our Exchange server. However, there's one setting I never knew about the iPhone, alphanumeric passkeys.

I retract most of my comments about the iPhone security, it's not as bad as I thought it would be if corporate approved it.
    Last edited by weezyhuy; 08-07-2008 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost