+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do You Let itunes Manage Your Music And Videos Or?

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Just wondering if you let itunes manage your videos and music or do you make your own playlists? And how about your ringtones, pictures etc..etc.... I did it both ways
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Do You Let itunes Manage Your Music And Videos Or?
    Just wondering if you let itunes manage your videos and music or do you make your own playlists? And how about your ringtones, pictures etc..etc....

I did it both ways but I rather manage everything myself then to let itunes do it..... it just doesn't seem organized as well to me.....

Thanks

I do it all myself, Just because i hate iTunes
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone iRoach74's Avatar
    Thanks
    i dont really get what you are saying...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i dont like itunes either, i just manage it myself and play it in what ever player i feel like using at the moment, lol

Thanks

I let iTunes organize it just b/c its so much easier. It puts everything by author, album, and song name.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

i do everything myself

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Pro-tip: Hope you have perfect ID3 tags because that's how iTunes sorts it out.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRoach74 View Post
    i dont really get what you are saying...
    Neither do I. The iPod can't view or play Movies and Music unless they were synced from iTunes.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

Talking here about itunes.... never seen this before! When I go to my applications and then see what upgrades I have. I am seeing multiple upgrades for the same program... and they are all the same version as well! Thats nuts!

Green Apple
    Thanks

one word

NO!!!!

Thanks

I use sometimes the winamp...

Thanks

I dont get what is so confusing about this thread? The OP is asking if you have all your music in your iTunes folder so it can organize it by song, author, and album or if you have it in some other place on your pc and have just let itunes find and sync it to your iphone/ipod that way. Hopefully you guys get what I am saying lol.

Thanks

Maybe we should give directions to clear up the confusing?

Thanks

That would be good. Since the iPod doesn't have the capability of creating/modifying playlists. Simply syncing using iTunes without creating the playlists in iTunes would place all the MP3's on the iPod as a single music list. So I'm not sure how creating a playlist outside iTunes is going to make it to the iPod. I guess I'm just missing something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    That would be good. Since the iPod doesn't have the capability of creating/modifying playlists. Simply syncing using iTunes without creating the playlists in iTunes would place all the MP3's on the iPod as a single music list. So I'm not sure how creating a playlist outside iTunes is going to make it to the iPod. I guess I'm just missing something.
    Ok let me try explaining this again lol. First of all when you install iTunes it asks if you would like it to keep your music folder organized, and also it lets you know that in order for it to keep your music files organized they need to be in the iTunes>iTunes Music folder. Once they are there it organizes them by artist then by album and finally by song name. Now thats just so it is easier for you to find something and also when you download another song it automatically places it in the correct folder or creates a new one if necessary. Now that they are all organized whenever you play a song from your computer it automatically gets put in the iTunes music folder if its not already there. And also another cool thing is if you want to change the name of the song, artist, or album when you change it in iTunes it changes the actual file on your computer as well. But if you want music on your ipod/iphone you still have to create a playlist and then tell itunes to put the songs from the playlist on the ipod or iphone. Sorry for the huge reply but I think you guys will understand it now. If not let me know haha

Thanks

Ah, so this has nothing to do with the iPod part. Ok, makes sense now.

I used to manage things myself, but I found that when I moved things around or reformatted or stores music on a separate drive, iTunes would keep losing track of it. Better just to have it all in one place. If you want to access the file itself, all you need to do is select "Locate in Finder"

Thanks

Yeh im glad i was finally able to explain it haha. And I get what you mean but since I have all my music on one hardrive its easier for me to let iTunes keep track of it since that's all I use to listen to music anyways.

Thanks

Too many folders; I like to organize it myself. One folder for music, one for video. It's easier that way. I use MM, due to it's ID3 management, and auto playlists. The setup works well. When I first started to manage my own music, I let iTunes do it. I then found out about all of the folders, and switched to self management. :-)
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I manage my own folder (based on albums) and keep track of the ID3 tags using Tag&Rename. But then again, before the iPhone I used Foobar2000 for music so I kept really good care of all the tags I had, then switched to iTunes rather than to have 2 media players.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Yeah, I manage my own folder (based on albums) and keep track of the ID3 tags using Tag&Rename. But then again, before the iPhone I used Foobar2000 for music so I kept really good care of all the tags I had, then switched to iTunes rather than to have 2 media players.
    When you manage your own folder... do you have subdirectories within your main folder?

Also when you manage your own.. do you delete the playlists? 90's Music, Music Videos, My Top Rated,Recently Added, Recently Played and the Top 25?

When I manage my own I delete all of the playlists.. and I do have one folder with subdirectories within it...