+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do You Let itunes Manage Your Music And Videos Or?

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I sort things by albums, so I only have subdirectories if the album has more than 1 CD. Here's a diagram of how I have things organized: [My Music] -[Albums]
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I sort things by albums, so I only have subdirectories if the album has more than 1 CD. Here's a diagram of how I have things organized:
    [My Music]
    -[Albums]
    --[Album Title]
    ---[CD#]

My mp3s are all named "Album Title - ## - Artist - Song.mp3". Single I mostly have full albums, all my singles and unsorted songs end up in an album called "Single Songs" for the sake of organization.

As far as playlists goes, I generally don't use them. I have one playlist called iPhone which is the one that get synced to the phone.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I sort things by albums, so I only have subdirectories if the album has more than 1 CD. Here's a diagram of how I have things organized:
    [My Music]
    -[Albums]
    --[Album Title]
    ---[CD#]

My mp3s are all named "Album Title - ## - Artist - Song.mp3". Single I mostly have full albums, all my singles and unsorted songs end up in an album called "Single Songs" for the sake of organization.

As far as playlists goes, I generally don't use them. I have one playlist called iPhone which is the one that get synced to the phone.
    Since you don't use the playlist either do you delete them or just leave them there? I have left them there and deleted them as well.... and made new ones such as...

Easy Listening
    Pop
    Holiday

And then on the hard drive I made a directory called iPhone and then put subdirectories, easy listening, pop, holiday within the iPhone directory.... so all I have to do is go the my iPhone directory and everything is in there...

I delete all the playlists so when I sync my phone I just see the playlists I created... easy listening, pop, holiday

Most of my songs are singles as I hate it when you buy a music cd and there is only one or two songs on it I like....

Thanks

I deleted the playlists just about as soon as I installed iTunes. Instead, I created a bunch of auto-playlists, based on the genre of the music. I also have a 'party' playlist, that contains a few genres ('Pop', 'Dance' and 'Techno').
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i do everything myself

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

usually I manage my own stuff just for the simple fact that I never purchase music from iTunes. If you do have iTunes manage your music, then try to add in stuff later how does that work?

Thanks

iTunes does it all for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i keep all my music in a music folder on my external 1 terrabyte. itunes makes tooooo many folders. i like keeping my main hard drive slim as can be.

Thanks

iTunes only sorts it as good as your tags let it. So either way, you end up doing a lot of work.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12