+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple is awesome

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I have been with ATT or one of its predecessors (Cingular, Comcast Metrophone) for almost 15 years. My husband happens to be the "primary" on the account but he has
    Thanks

Default Apple is awesome
    I have been with ATT or one of its predecessors (Cingular, Comcast Metrophone) for almost 15 years. My husband happens to be the "primary" on the account but he has no clue about anything about it. He had me "authorized" to make account changes years ago since I'm more knowledgeable regarding stuff like that. I have walked in to ATT stores , added lines to the family plan, upgraded phones without a glitch. That is until yesterday when I went up to my local Apple store with my oldest son who was upgrading his 1st gen to a 3G. I had apparently erroneously mistaken "authorized" with "primary" and after waiting in line an hour, I discover that we have to call ATT, who tells me that I cannot get the iPhone. Gee pretty funny when I walked into an ATT store back in Feb with my son and got his 1st gen iPhone. ATT tld me I had to have my husband call them to set it up so I had to call my husband at work ( surprised I didnt get his voice mail) to call ATT to make me primary so we can get the iphone. SO he actually agreed to call, then calls me back informing me I have to now call ATT to verify info. Well I do that all while we are already with the Apple rep. I am told by ATT that they have now released the line and what plan did I want. NO, no, no! The line was supposed to remain on the family plan, all I was supposed to do was become the account owner, otherwise we have a much larger bill. If that was what we were going to do my son being almost 19 could have just opened up his own account. Anyway, the apple guy is listening to me tell the ATT person that my husband had no idea of what he really wanted to do so probably was totally misunderstood. They kept insisting it was "his account" and i kept telling her that the name was irrelevant, blah, blah, blah... So the apple guy hears me give my spouses last 4 of his SS# and I saw him key it into his little device. he nudges me and told me "it went through", SO I tell the ATT rep to just forget it. she proceeds to repeat the entire conversation and I just interrupted her "yeah, I know all that legal BS stuff, goodbye and i hung up before she could finish" I was so PO'ed. The Apple rep was trying so hard not to laugh. We had been having a great conversation about iPhones and macs, etc... as I was hanging on hold. He must have noticed my custom screen on my 1.1.4 phone too, because he asked why I didn't upgrade to 2.0 yet. Just told him that I was happy with 1.1.4 and didn't really need the app store. Anyway, I sign my husbands name on the device and we walked out with a new 16 gB 3G. Needless to say as soon as we got home I showed my son how to pwn it since he's leaving for college in 2 + weeks, and we installed Customize and his favorite theme, minus the wallpaper. He will be psyched to learn about Winterboard when he gets home from work tonight.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

nice enjoy your new iphone3g..

i dont like ATT customer service too much blah blah blah..

Thanks

LOL! I still have my 1st gen. My son has teh new 3G. I do not want to go through all that again. Think I'll just order mine and have it sent. He just wanted his before leaving for school.

Actually I have his old 1st gen as well, unlocked it so I can use my sim in it. I think his is a better phone than mine. My signal is inconsistent his is much better at locking and holding on wifi. Both are on 1.1.4 winpwned, but mine was 1.0.2 OOB bootloader 3.9, his was 1.1.3 bootloader 4.6 OOB. Just took his on a trip this afternoon and it stayed at 3 bars for Edge where mine consistenly went no bars. Think I'll keep his and give my old one to my other son. Better yet I may sell both on ebay and get new 3G phones.

Seems like the 3G even runs wifi and edge faster than the 1st gen according to speed tests I ran on all of them.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

wow mom teaches son, that's unusal but more power to ya.

Yeah I hate talking to ATT and avoid it at all costs. Their online accouct access has been great for me to tweak my plan or see my bill. I don't have to talk to any retard at the ATT call center.

Thanks

It's funny, just like how I was on the line with CS and told them since there was no 3G in my area, to just remove my data plan until the 3G is up. They told me that the phone would cease to function if you remove data. Really? Really? I so wish that I had bossprefs right now (I haven't JB'd yet), so I could walk in to an AT&T store and prove that if you turn data OFF calls can still RESUME. UGh...

Congrats on your sons 3G. The phone really is awesome, it's just the CS that comes with it that sucks balls.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks

you're the most tech-savvy mom ever!

kudos to you!

Green Apple
    Thanks

mommmmmmmy

Green Apple
    Thanks

WOW!!!! My mom can barely use the mouse and keyboard. lol. I just convinced her to get her own computer. An iMac!!!!
    "Carpe iPhone"-"Seize the iPhone"-Steve's Roman Ancestors