Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Its bad when Microsoft has to trick people into liking Vista

iPhone? More like MyPhone owensdus's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Its bad when Microsoft has to trick people into liking Vista
    Click and watch -->The "Mojave Experiment"
    now if they would have given them a couple of hours playing with it they would see the real defects. When it is just a couples of minutes you wont be able to judge how well everything works...

I am not an apple fanboy
    I use to love windows until it crashed on me one to many times.
    I have used my mac now for 2 years and not one problem, with vista I had done 3 restores in 4 months.

LOL that was great. Too bad it did not have bill gates in a Steve Jobs costume. Well i know alot of people who dont have vista and tell me to get rid of mine.

yea seriously they picked people who dont even belong near a computer not to even know it was vista all along, you dont have to play with it or own it to tell its vista, all the stores have it on display, come on people, haha, i give vista a half and half, its good, yea, but it just reminds me of well, windows ME....lol
    now server 2008, thats a bit different, so easy to use, in 1 hr i mastered terminal services, haha, gotta love an os that walks u hand in hand =]

btw i only use windows because it like the universal lang. for computers, plus my iphone has taken a crap on me 4 times, i just dont trust apple and itss chains they put on their customers(ex: warranty, if you ait got it, ur f*cked, wanna change something, to bad)

there is always cons and pros about windows :P

but yea windows vista is not good as expected or work suppose to be...

...a year ago.

Vista is fine if you have a newer computer. The big, BIG, problem with Windows as a whole is that it can't go foward without losing some compatibility to older hardware/software. This isn't an issue with Macs, their software and hardware go hand in hand. But Windows has such a HUGE market share its hard to please everyone. So you have them trying to innovate while keeping everyone happy.

This experiment is silly but it really shows just how some people get it into their heads something about a product without actually ever using it. This doesn't apply to Vista, it applies to every "oh I heard X sucks" without actually trying it.

In the end, if it works for you, why should you care what anyone else thinks?

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

I have Vista Ultimate and its NEVER given me a single problem with anything and its never crashed on me..

All your PCs suck suck culo.
    EDM

all my problems with vista were because of me. i like to mess around with stuff, when i am a pretty stupid person.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    I have Vista Ultimate and its NEVER given me a single problem with anything and its never crashed on me..

All your PCs suck suck culo.
    Really!!!!!! I build a computer that has 8 gigs of ram, and a bad *** ATX graphics card and an insane motherboard and all my Pc's suck. I dont think so. You have know idea about the things I can do with a pc. More then you I can bet that much!!!!!!!!! So before you go criticizing my pcs learn a little more about me? Last time Vista crashed is when I was importing pics from my damn camera. Explain that ??????? Yeah you cant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by owensdus View Post
    Really!!!!!! I build a computer that has 8 gigs of ram, and a bad *** ATX graphics card and an insane motherboard and all my Pc's suck. I dont think so. You have know idea about the things I can do with a pc. More then you I can bet that much!!!!!!!!! So before you go criticizing my pcs learn a little more about me? Last time Vista crashed is when I was importing pics from my damn camera. Explain that ??????? Yeah you cant.
    YEAH BECAUSE YOU FAIL! What ******** that Vista crashed while importing pictures from your Camera, Seriously think of something better. Vista has NEVER crashed on me and i myself have a pretty bad *** PC..

SLI GTX 8800 4.6 Processer followed by 2gigs of ram.
    EDM

Thanks

Think of something better????? That is how unreliable Vista is, import pics and it crashes?I had my computer optimized for my digital media, so there was no reason for it to give me the BSOD. Go ahead are reply back like you know something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by owensdus View Post
    Think of something better????? That is how unreliable Vista is, import pics and it crashes?I had my computer optimized for my digital media, so there was no reason for it to give me the BSOD. Go ahead are reply back like you know something.
    Odd because i have over 1,000 some odd pictures on my PC and i just uploaded about 300 today from my Trip to Canada and not once did i ever have a problem.

Youre lieing out of your ***, And why are you uploading pics to your PC when you have an Almighty Mac? I dont believe you and i dont think anyone should believe you in this thread, and i dont feel like getting a Warning for Insulting a member.

/Thread Ended. Toodles.
    EDM

if you got a BSOD trying to import pictures, the fault lies on whatever driver you installed for said camera, not the OS. If it was windows update that picked the drivers, make sure it's the right one.

But seriously, going OMG Windows BSOD due to my camera what a crappy OS? Really? Did you even try to find out what was wrong before hating Vista?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Win XP Pro - FTW

I think vista is an OK os. I use it for my bootcamp when I play games and its pretty stable, but the easy of use isnt very high and the whole aero interface is a total ram hog. I just dont like how microsoft is taking a bunch of people and omitting the bad ones(dont tell me their weren't) to make the average consumer loves vista
    Last edited by rusty778; 08-02-2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: im a pathetic typist
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

Thanks

yes I did try to figure out what went wrong...... and 1000 pics please I have like 40 gigs of pics. I am a freaking systems engineer, I think I know what I am doing.....

Thanks

 Mac OS X 10.5.4 

(For all you Windows users; this is an Apple sign . Only Mac's can see it )
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

in response to the apparent ignorance being posted under this thread:

Grow up - It is time to realize that there is someone out there.. ( ready yourself for this )... are you ready? you sure? ok.. here goes... there is someone out there that is more intelligent than you are, that does have more experience and knowledge than you do with certain aspects of technology.
    Dustin has not always been a Mac user. He saw the light shortly after I shoved the light of my 15" MacBook Pro and all of it's glory in his face. Dustin's career, sadly, revolves around Windows and such based POS machines and servers.
    I realize that not everyone here has dealt with Vista the way the majority of society has. This can also be said to be true with scorpions... while some people may hold a scorpion in their hand and not experience a sting, most people would get stung and scream the obscenities, the same obscenities that comes with the viewing of blue screens.
    In short, to each their own, but DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, attempt to undermine Dustin's superior intelligence on computers as a whole. He is a very educated and knowledgeable engineer. While he didn't lock himself in his parents' basement 'til he was 45 playing Worlds of War and Dungeons and Dragons without a date ever, like some responders to this thread appear to have done, he is credible.

Thank you for your time!
    Last edited by ClassiChelle; 08-03-2008 at 01:13 AM.

Thanks

i have a vista machine downstairs and a mac in my room (noone touches my mac), i dont mind vista, it is still windows, it still seems slower than my mac with os x and just doesnt seem as "pretty", in a way to put it.

i also cant stand the way windows vista constantly asks you: "are you sure you want to proceed?" and things like that, always pressing allow / continue etc. that gets on my tits, but using it day to day as a regular user isnt actually all that bad....

still, mac os x 10.5 FTW without a doubt
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Right, I have both Mac and Vista and I must admit at first Vista sucked big time. But just like XP people will get used to it. Also, technology will get better and eventually all PC's will run Vista smoothly. Also, people say how reliable Mac's are and everything but for me, I sometimes get the Rainbow spin of death for my Mac and so far... I had nothing wrong with Vista. Also, I have realised that the Vista Service Pack 1 has made Vista so much better.

<a href="http://stargate.mgm.com/specialops/link.php?link=9&id=5620">ccc</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast