Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Sucks!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default T-Mobile Sucks!!!!!
    Well, I got my wife an Iphone...1.1.2 otb, and we used stealth sim. I called T-Mo and asked if they insured said phone? "Sure!No Problem." I was sooooo happy I went out and bought one, had it insured as well. Long story long.... She lost it! Guess what all of a sudden T-Mo wont insure it. Its not in my notes that an "iPhone" is what I have. Only an :unsupported device, offered to reimburse my 5.99 and go on happy way. Go &^%$ youself I tell them. I contacted the BBB and we will see what Happens. Long story short, get it writing everytime!

Thanks

so you asked t-mobile if they'd insure your iphone, a phone they don't even carry and they said sure? well if the rep indeed told you you could add insurance to your account to cover your iphone then he needs to be fired. but i think instead he told you, that insurance could be added to your account to cover the phone thats on there, i.e. the t-mobile phone you activated the account with, that sounds more accurate. how would they insure a product they don't even carry, you should be happy they're willing to return your 5.99 for insurance. imo.

Its not in my notes that an "iPhone" is what I have.
    Here clearly states he did not tell him that.

And my thoughts on this.. its just karma.. jailbreaking is bad enough if you really think about it.. but.. unlocking is worse.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

yeah... AT&T won't even insure the iPhone... What makes you think that T-Mo will? The BBB will not be able to do anything. Check the T-Mo ToS for insurance. You'll notice that 'unsupported devices' are just that- unsupported. Sorry mate. I heard allstate is offering insurance for like $40.00 per year.

Clearly the rep you spoke to had been doing a lot of drugs before work that day.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Or was doing drugs during the duration of the work day...

Reako

^^ Definitely a possibility.

@OP: Did you hear any snorting sounds, or perhaps someone sucking in air really fast while speaking to the rep?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

this guy had to been high or something common sense say that why would someone that doesn't carry a certain product insure someone else's especially when the carrier thats sells it doesnt even insure it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

rename this thread title to "i'm an idiot, iphones dont come with insurance PERIOD"

wake up man, iphones aint new. and neither is knowing that every iphone holder in the world has NO insurance. NOONE. only warrenty but even that is hard to use lol

losing an iphone = tough loss. not even legit users get new iphone replacements when they lose them.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Did you even read the terms and conditions?

let me show you something:
    How to get started

Sign up for equipment protection within 14 days of new service activation or valid upgrade. Valid upgrades are handsets purchased through Customer Care,
    T-Mobile.com, T-Mobile retail stores, or selected authorized resellers.
    The upgrade part is T-Mobile only, while the new activation doesn't say anything about where the phone is from.

Only catch you can have is if this is new service and then you tried to add the iPhone within 14 days or activation.

Other than that you can refuse the payback and file a lawsuit for breach of contract.

Good luck, cause it won't really go anywhere.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonator View Post
    Well, I got my wife an Iphone...1.1.2 otb, and we used stealth sim. I called T-Mo and asked if they insured said phone? "Sure!No Problem." I was sooooo happy I went out and bought one, had it insured as well. Long story long.... She lost it! Guess what all of a sudden T-Mo wont insure it. Its not in my notes that an "iPhone" is what I have. Only an :unsupported device, offered to reimburse my 5.99 and go on happy way. Go &^%$ youself I tell them. I contacted the BBB and we will see what Happens. Long story short, get it writing everytime!
    T-Mobile insuring an iphone (which they don't even carry) sounds too good to be true. T-Mobile does not suck for this, the person you talked to obviously didn't know what they were talking about. A worker misinforming a customer will happen at EVERY business you will come across at some point or another. it is human nature to make mistakes. Where would they have gotten a phone, just send a rep. to the Apple store and buy one? I don;t blame you TOO much since someone on the T-Mobile side was obviously wrong, but in a case like this I would call back. Case in point I got 3 different quotes from 4 people when I called T-Mobile to change my plans. They just look and see what is on the screen and tell you. Some of them are not even in America! Lesson learned... if the cell phone company DOES NOT CARRY the phone in question, you will not get a replacement.

On a side note: I don't even think ATT ensures these phones.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

How exactly are you mad at Tmobile? Did they lose the phone?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wastegate13 View Post
    How exactly are you mad at Tmobile? Did they lose the phone?
    lol. You hit it right on the nose. End of arguement! :P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings