+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with setting up Airport Express :(

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
okay, so basically its connected to the wall, and connected to my modem with ethernet and installed it and the light is green... now i (think i) set up a
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Need help with setting up Airport Express :(
    okay, so basically its connected to the wall, and connected to my modem with ethernet and installed it and the light is green... now i (think i) set up a network correctly... now when i connect to the network from my iphone... it connects but when i try to use it (safari, mail.. etc..) it would say "Safari cant open the page because it is not connected to the internet"

help, please?

maybe i set up the network incorrectly? i dont know what to do.. i have been looking in google but nothing useful comes up

Thanks

Having the same problem here, can connect my Mac to the Airport but it wont work with my iPhone for some reason...
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

Thanks

the thing is that it clearly says that its compatible with iphones and ipod touch, thats why i bought it... strange..

Now, I dont get it, because its telling me to connect it to a router.. and im pretty sure that mine is a modem..
    cuz i thought that the airport express is the router the produces the wi fi signal.. wtf o.o?
    Last edited by Tomer; 07-30-2008 at 12:06 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had that problem when I got mine, took it back and got another one and it worked fine, just follow the instructions to a T

Thanks

:/ i called the apple care and they said that the modem produces only 1 ip and its for the computer and thats why the APExpress cant provide a wi fi signal or something like that.. whatever.. im gonna return it ><
    i just dont know what to do now... il try to look for another thing..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Airport Extreme Here

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have the express and i have tons of stuff running off of it,

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    Airport Extreme Here
    no click http://http://www.macmall.com/macmal...fg=MB053LL%2FA
    no tax and its like $12 less than apple and it migght have free shipping
    Last edited by preston03; 07-30-2008 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yea after hours, i talked to apple care and stuff.. i guess i do need the extreme and the express is useless for me cuz of my modem.. whatever.. lol..

thanks

Thanks

The express is good for 15 units. Make sure that your ip address is correct on your iphone. Go into preferences, wifi, pick your network and make sure that there is an IP address. If you changed some settings, it could be that the airport express reassigned IP addresses to your computers and other wireless devices. You can also (in your computer) go to preferences, network, choose airport and in advance look at your IP address and look in the TCP/IP tab and chose Renew DCHP. In the worst case, use your computer as a hub. If you have a mac (powerbook, imac, macbook pro air or macpro), you can go into preferences, sharing and share your internet connection via airport. This means that your devices will connect using the signal your computer transmits which is being fed by your airport express. The only downside to this is the computer has to be open all of the time. In the worst case, do a reset on your airport express by inserting a pin in the back of the airport express until it flashes amber and restart the process of setting up your wireless network. I had to do a reset a few times to ensure that everything was working great. Now all my devices (2 mac powerbook G4, 1 imac G5, 1 thinkpad and 1 iphone) are all full signal and working great. Airport Extreme is actually for 115 units. Airport express is for 15. Airport express also has the ability to plug an audio device and use the speakers to stream your computer's (itunes) music through your sound system. Way better than the airport extreme. Let me know if it still doesn't work. You can reach me @ [email protected]