Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: just saw Cloverfield...

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

Default just saw Cloverfield...
    and it was amazing movie. such an intense and jaw-dropping film. it is a must see for everyone. two thumbs up for this

Thanks

I give it a 7.5 or maybe and 8 out of 10, truly entertaining; just had to get used to the motion.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

true the motion cam was a little different but i love horror films so i would give it a 9.5 out of ten. im looking forward to George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead now because it uses similar recording and zombies are my favorite so itll be good..GO SEE CLOVERFIELD!!

Thanks

looking forward to seeing this movie, gonna go tonight.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Thanks

i think the whole motion camera is good
    makes u feel like ur gonna be in the movie

thats my tonight plan:}

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet. Seein it tonight for sure. Maybe. If godam work lets me off early... Cause my dad "needs help with the kids". Yeah that'll do it. Sweet.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Thanks

The first person view was interesting and made it a cool experience.

How I would explain it... Blair Witch Project meets Godzilla.

8.14 / 10
    (Fancy quote from a dead guy...)

Show your appreciation by using the button.

Make.SURE.You.""

Default good good good
    Yep, it was a good movie, one of the best I've seen honestly. I think everything about it pulled it together. The ending was iffy but if you think about it, you can't end it any other way. Recommend it to anyone! Go see it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

8.14 out of 10 hahahaha

I couldn't see it tommorow "crosses fingers"
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

All the reviews I have seen (except for this thread apparently) say it sucks lol. Another alien movie where tons of SH** gets blown up. Fun... -_-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sweet *** movie.... Crazy ending... But how do a chic, almost stabbed through the heart run so fast??
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Wow, Personally I thought it sucked. I mean like just about the worst movie I've ever seen, sucked. The ending was horrible. I felt like I was at a Broadway show and I got kicked out at the intermission.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriniGodzilla View Post
    Wow, Personally I thought it sucked. I mean like just about the worst movie I've ever seen, sucked. The ending was horrible. I felt like I was at a Broadway show and I got kicked out at the intermission.
    Geez, you have Godzilla in your name; I would have thought this would be your favorite.

i thought it was awesome. if u stay after the credits u hear a voice say "its still alive"

right after the credits r over.

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    Geez, you have Godzilla in your name; I would have thought this would be your favorite.
    LOL, Yeah I know right. I just feel like I got cheated out of an ending.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to go and see it later this weekend with some of my friends.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Dude.

I was pissed, so many answers and we STILL only have theories.

you get an answer of where it came from, at the end, when they are on the ferris wheel, they pan to the water, if you look closely, you see something fall in the water.
    another clue is when they are watching the TV after the "earthquake", the boat that turned over was the company that Rob was going to work for.
    So many clues through out the movie, I'm going to see it again to catch more.
    Also, friend of mine said he read JJ Abrams is working on a sequal, they already have a set built in Japan.
    Aqwoah and Glass Orb Dock combined!

I just saw this movie and have two things to say about it.

1- I LOVED IT! It seriously was just amazing. I liked pretty much everything about it. Especially Hud, his comments were awesome.

2- This movie is going to polarize people. There really is no other way to put, you're going to love it or hate it.

I believe the people that won't like it are the ones going in expecting it to be a monster-fest explosion extravaganza with everything explained in the end. This isn't that type of movie. This movie truly is the US answer to Godzilla in every way, shape, and form. Godzilla's origin was based on its time. The dawn of the nuclear era, Godzilla managed to become an icon and symbol of the dangers of radiation. You could even call it anti-nuclear propaganda, "use nukes, and you end up with Godzilla". This is what Japan had at the time and Godzilla was borned of it.

The monster in Cloverfield has the same origin. After 9-11, you see the home videos of the people near it and you see the same images Cloverfield threw, but most importantly, it presented chaos in its raw form. You don't know what was happening, you don't know why it's happening. All you know is that you're in the middle of it and it's really bad. There are no answer to your questions, it's just pure survival, a search for safety and in this case, the safety of others. Cloverfield brought that terror, uncertainty, and emotion to the screen and it excelled at it.

...and to the poster above me (ryfx), that wasn't the monster falling in the ocean. If you followed the ARG (god knows I did) you would know about the Japanese satellite that fell out of orbit and crashed in the ocean.

TriniGodzilla...how else would u end a movie like that?

I personally thought it was ok. I mean...i loved how the handy cam had such a nice battery life...i gotta get me one of those. and oh how they survived a helicopter crash. that was too cool. =))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast