Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: features you wished 1.1.3 contained

Quote Originally Posted by xenbomb View Post
    Ok let get apple to make some real improvements before they get passed out by the next great revolutionary phone... we all know they have seen all the 3rd party apps and we all know they can do better... why the phuck do they keep throwing us peanuts???
    To apple... give the iphone these things all at once .....
    camera- zooming, burst mode, video, and some stupid effects we all like..
    maps- ok you saw navazon and figured that out.. now make it update on the fly and give us sudo gps.. you know you can...
    3RD party apps... come on the SDK is out so what the big deal with a little fun for a few talented programmers huh?? the big boys will still make us pay for big apps!!
    unix tools like bsd substation a Terminal jailbreak disk storage cut copy paste.. even microsaft gave is this kind of stuff!!
    STEVE open you eyes the phone will loose its spot lite soon unless you people step it up and play a little!!
    apple get on adobe's ***** and get flash figured out!!!!! we are loosing way to much of the real web!!!
    a simple flash light app ( you know we all used it )
    e book reader...
    better UI/multi touch... (you know you have got some better tricks you have just scratch the surface here...)
    give us some more sounds ..
    OMG MMS!!! broken three dollar cricket phones do that!!! why can't the BEST phone on the market do it... sure emailing pictures is handy thanks...
    email should have separate home screen icons for separate accounts...
    Games games games even if the are stupid native games have given cell phones appeal since the 5100 with snake!!! so whip some up!!

ALL THESE THINGS WOULD BE A GOOD START ON A REAL UPDATE!!! THEN PEOPLE MIGHT NOT HACK AND UNLOCK... LOL OK WE WOULD... BUT YOU MIGHT NOT BE PASSED UP BY THE NEXT HANDSET!!!
    Holy crap where to even begin:

Camera - sure all that stuff can be done, but the iPhone is all about simplicity and design. I'm sure they can add 1000 features but they just wanted the phone to take simple pictures, and it does that well.

Maps - constant GPS? Why sure, let's add another service to drain the battery even faster! Tapping the button when you need it works well enough since once you map out a direction you can just click when you make the turn.

3rd Party Apps - Let's see what the SDK on February brings

Unix tools / substation / terminal - I don't even know wtf half of those are and why would you want to use them on a phone, but sure I guess those can be added through 3rd party apps if Apple seems it all right

Disk Space / Copy-Paste: Both can and probably will be implemented later. Again, style and simplicity over utility in some aspects is what makes the iPhone the phone it is. Sure it could do a billion things, but so could pretty much anything else you have. Everything can be improved on, it is up to the provider to choose what it offers. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Flash has had a horrible track record in previous Mac OS's, getting on the phone would probably be a buggy pain in the ***. And forgive me for throwing my opinion, but flash on the phone would be a horrible battery drain / mess that would just make pages slower than they already are.

E-book / multi-touch / and more sounds all can probably be added in future updates if they feel like it. I would be willing to put money on the line that either Apple will release an e-book reader or a 3rd-party will officially thorugh the SDK.

MMS - Use e-mail, seriously. It's much better than MMS. One thing I do agree with you is the crappy implementation of receiving MMS, all they can do is get rid of viewmymessage.com and allow you to receive MMS to your e-mail account so you can get them through the mail app.

Games - again, SDK should open the door for these.

God I write a lot : \

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

For Me I am really satisfied with the 1.1.3 update they added some cool features and I think they are on the right path I think a lot of people here are just mad and want the world in there phone.

Anyway heres some things I would like to see get updated or added

1. Video Recording (apple does this really well on the mac os lets see if they can bring some of that to the iphone)

2. A few extra settings to the camera maybe add digital zoom even though that sucks anyway, burst photos and maybe a way to take fast moving pictures so its not all blurry thats all really i like its simplicity.

3. Flash would be cool but like said earlier it would slow down the internet a lot and i like not having flash cause it prevents a lot of advertisements but if flash does come on the iphone i would like a function where i can have it on or off.

4. ok ill say MMS but honestly I have never really used this function as emailing is a wayyyy better way to go but none the less its kind of handy in the off chance you need to send someone a picture to there phone since they dont got email on there phone....

5. Listen ID - would totally love to have this on the iphone

6. IM Chat - the one big thing the phone is missing

Things I like about the 113 update well happy to see pinpointing was added to the phone personally with this you really don't need gps this is almost just as good, loved that the iphone can now see lyrics I was pissed knowing I couldnt see my lyrics on the iphone couldnt understand why maybe they just forgot but anyway its on it now so its good to see. Customize the front screen moving the icons around that is EXACTLY how i imagined apple would do it and happy its on the phone now. Also SMSD now on the phone is great also so i like this cause now i can get rid of some of my third party apps and use the apple ones! See ya later Navizon lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

For Me I am really satisfied with the 1.1.3 update they added some cool features and I think they are on the right path I think a lot of people here are just mad and want the world in there phone.

Anyway heres some things I would like to see get updated or added

1. Video Recording (apple does this really well on the mac os lets see if they can bring some of that to the iphone)

2. A few extra settings to the camera maybe add digital zoom even though that sucks anyway, burst photos and maybe a way to take fast moving pictures so its not all blurry thats all really i like its simplicity.

3. Flash would be cool but like said earlier it would slow down the internet a lot and i like not having flash cause it prevents a lot of advertisements but if flash does come on the iphone i would like a function where i can have it on or off.

4. ok ill say MMS but honestly I have never really used this function as emailing is a wayyyy better way to go but none the less its kind of handy in the off chance you need to send someone a picture to there phone since they dont got email on there phone....

5. Listen ID - would totally love to have this on the iphone

6. IM Chat - the one big thing the phone is missing

Things I like about the 113 update well happy to see pinpointing was added to the phone personally with this you really don't need gps this is almost just as good, loved that the iphone can now see lyrics I was pissed knowing I couldnt see my lyrics on the iphone couldnt understand why maybe they just forgot but anyway its on it now so its good to see. Customize the front screen moving the icons around that is EXACTLY how i imagined apple would do it and happy its on the phone now. Also SMSD now on the phone is great also so i like this cause now i can get rid of some of my third party apps and use the apple ones! See ya later Navizon lol

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post

Camera - sure all that stuff can be done, but the iPhone is all about simplicity and design. I'm sure they can add 1000 features but they just wanted the phone to take simple pictures, and it does that well.

Maps - constant GPS? Why sure, let's add another service to drain the battery even faster! Tapping the button when you need it works well enough since once you map out a direction you can just click when you make the turn.

Unix tools / substation / terminal - I don't even know wtf half of those are and why would you want to use them on a phone, but sure I guess those can be added through 3rd party apps if Apple seems it all right

Disk Space / Copy-Paste: Both can and probably will be implemented later. Again, style and simplicity over utility in some aspects is what makes the iPhone the phone it is. Sure it could do a billion things, but so could pretty much anything else you have. Everything can be improved on, it is up to the provider to choose what it offers. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Flash has had a horrible track record in previous Mac OS's, getting on the phone would probably be a buggy pain in the ***. And forgive me for throwing my opinion, but flash on the phone would be a horrible battery drain / mess that would just make pages slower than they already are.

E-book / multi-touch / and more sounds all can probably be added in future updates if they feel like it. I would be willing to put money on the line that either Apple will release an e-book reader or a 3rd-party will officially thorugh the SDK.

MMS - Use e-mail, seriously. It's much better than MMS. One thing I do agree with you is the crappy implementation of receiving MMS, all they can do is get rid of viewmymessage.com and allow you to receive MMS to your e-mail account so you can get them through the mail app.

God I write a lot :
    I think simplicity was driving their design but not their technology and it never should be that way. If I had wanted simplicity i would have superglued my ipod to my old nokia

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post

God I write a lot :
    Man u got a pretty twisted view of the world. Apple's aim may be to provide simple, elegant & beautiful phone but that doesnt mean u sacrifice functionality. This is the basic principle that is taught to even architect students. Simplicity, functionality & aesthetics have to go hand-in-hand. Apple has sacrificed one over the other. This phone is a work of art to look at....but it will loose all its appeal soon if Apple doesnt start delivering/adding good & basic functionalities to it.
    1. Better camera and video recording
    2. A highly improved & useable Bluetooth technology (i really dont see the point of Apple wasting resources on their present bluetooth)
    3. 3G capability
    4. Basic Flash support
    5. GPS

Many of my friends still wonder at the point of me using an iPhone when in many respects it is far behind a Nokia (N95 etc). So Apple has to wake up soon and open their eyes to what people want (rather than what they like).

Quote Originally Posted by saifeeab View Post
    Man u got a pretty twisted view of the world. Apple's aim may be to provide simple, elegant & beautiful phone but that doesnt mean u sacrifice functionality.
    Macbook Air.

A radio would be nice . One I would want is to have a different wallpaper from you main screen to you home-screen. New camera features like zoom and motion would be nice.

Copy/Paste would be nice.
    Flash support would be neat.
    Themes would be awesome, (but I'm not gonna hold my breath....)
    Mostly, though....the one I've wanted since I got my first iPod (waaaay back in '02) is the ability to enter and modify the meta data for songs. Especially now that there's an actual (well, virtual) keyboard. I can't stress enough how nice it would be to listen to a song, realize that it is not "Jazz" at all, and be able to re-tag it on the spot.

Camera What's the point of digital zoom? It's a waste of time, move the camera closer and keep the full resolution.

I wish the camera was good though, the shutter speed is awful - every picture is blurry. I can only assume this is because the camera hardware is crap. And as such theres no way the iPhone could take videos. Which is a real pity, even modest phones can. I guess thats for the second generation. - hopefully a flash can be added then too.

I'm not too fussed about other camera features, although the ability to create new folders for pictures and move them around would be nice. (Maybe you can do this and I just don't know how)

Mesaging Apple obviously want to push Email apps and not MMS, but I would find MMS useful. Its proving really hard to post pictures to Facebook etc, without it. And it'd be nice if you could add picture attachments to an email, rather than emailing a picture directly. I end up having to send one picture, wait for the phone to actually send, a minute or so, before being able to send another. Thats pretty annoying. If you could compose another send picture email while the first was sending thatd be fine too. IM would be nice.

In Car I wish the iPhone would work with all the iPod stuff, home stereos and particularly in car. I have to use a cassette adapter, and i dont understand why apple have restricted this.

GPS would be nice, but i dont know how hard itd be to turn it into a full satnav unit. The maps app works great, although waypoints would be nice in journeys, and would be very easy to add, but since this is already a cell phone, surely they can upgrade it to work as normal satnav. Its very easy with 2 people in a car, but its hard to use for directions if you are in on your own.

Voice notes id really like voice notes, a dictaphone app. a personal thing, but i dont see why it would be hard the hardware is there already.

Copy/Paste would be good.

I dont care about flash really. the web is slow enough on the phone, and ive read articles about Apple trying to boycott flash so that they can launch an alternative web video platform, with the iPhone as a major player in that war - so it doesnt look like itll happen anytime soon anyway.

forgot a couple of things.

A radio would be nice.

But I'd also like it if i could download podcasts straight to the iPhone. (if this is possible already, let me know, i mean with iTunes available, i dont see why i cant)

I'd also like to able to delete songs etc from the iPhone without having to connect. To create further room for pictures etc.

Also it'd be nice if you could store other files. I mean you can read word, or pdf attachments, but you can't store them? Why not? You should be able to transfer pictures from email to your picture folder too.
    Last edited by alexbutterfield; 01-23-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by alexbutterfield View Post
    But I'd also like it if i could download podcasts straight to the iPhone. (if this is possible already, let me know, i mean with iTunes available, i dont see why i cant)
    MobileCast, as long as you know the URL...

I am happy w 112 and iWoman...so ican escape thoose days if u know w i mean....all this 113 crap will paste in place and time ( cricket.app as well)

Quote Originally Posted by xenbomb View Post
    Ok let get apple to make some real improvements before they get passed out by the next great revolutionary phone... we all know they have seen all the 3rd party apps and we all know they can do better... why the phuck do they keep throwing us peanuts???
    To apple... give the iphone these things all at once .....
    camera- zooming, burst mode, video, and some stupid effects we all like..
    maps- ok you saw navazon and figured that out.. now make it update on the fly and give us sudo gps.. you know you can...
    3RD party apps... come on the SDK is out so what the big deal with a little fun for a few talented programmers huh?? the big boys will still make us pay for big apps!!
    unix tools like bsd substation a Terminal jailbreak disk storage cut copy paste.. even microsaft gave is this kind of stuff!!
    STEVE open you eyes the phone will loose its spot lite soon unless you people step it up and play a little!!
    apple get on adobe's ***** and get flash figured out!!!!! we are loosing way to much of the real web!!!
    a simple flash light app ( you know we all used it )
    e book reader...
    better UI/multi touch... (you know you have got some better tricks you have just scratch the surface here...)
    give us some more sounds ..
    OMG MMS!!! broken three dollar cricket phones do that!!! why can't the BEST phone on the market do it... sure emailing pictures is handy thanks...
    email should have separate home screen icons for separate accounts...
    Games games games even if the are stupid native games have given cell phones appeal since the 5100 with snake!!! so whip some up!!

ALL THESE THINGS WOULD BE A GOOD START ON A REAL UPDATE!!! THEN PEOPLE MIGHT NOT HACK AND UNLOCK... LOL OK WE WOULD... BUT YOU MIGHT NOT BE PASSED UP BY THE NEXT HANDSET!!!
    Thank you some one that got it all out and me not having to type it

Wow, I think Mr. Jobs actually read that post... Right.

Reako

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12