+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: so 1.1.3 is out...

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
whos ready for the endless number of threads titled "1.1.3 bricked my ifone " and " i updated and now have a locked ibrick =[" no hating on the noobs
    My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

Default so 1.1.3 is out...
    whos ready for the endless number of threads titled "1.1.3 bricked my ifone" and " i updated and now have a locked ibrick =["

no hating on the noobs but its funny how they piss off everyone

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't think updating is worth it.
    I've got everything i need with my apps.
    and i couldn't part with my modified theme.
    but good luck noobs!
    hope you don't screw up your phone too bad.
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."

Thanks

This update was a waste IMO. Almost all of this stuff has been on most people's phones for months. Its actually kind of sad no having an update that is currently unjailbreakable because I actually would have liked to have this update...

Thanks

Let the good times roll

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

DO NOT UPGRADE TO 1.1.3. My co worker just did it and now the phone is running an infinite loop and has to be returned to the apple store. DO NOT UPGRADE.

Banned
    Thanks

I wanna upgrade...badly.

I also pre-ordered a Macbook Air for my mother.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    DO NOT UPGRADE TO 1.1.3. My co worker just did it and now the phone is running an infinite loop and has to be returned to the apple store. DO NOT UPGRADE.
    Dear God first one already.
    I updated. went smooth (I'm not unlocked) Jailbroken iPhones are fine, for the paranoid restore then update. Unlocked ones, DO NOT UPRAGE of course 100 people will anyway and next thing you know OMG PLZ SOME1 HELP MY IFONEZ BRICKED

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-15-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

wait, you can upgrade with jailbroken 1.1.2 and be jailbroken 1.1.3?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FocalJetter View Post
    wait, you can upgrade with jailbroken 1.1.2 and be jailbroken 1.1.3?
    Of course NOT. You can upgrade but you will be stock. You can't upgrade if you've Unlocked your sim. There are millions of threads on this every time a software update is released.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    whos ready for the endless number of threads titled "1.1.3 bricked my ifone" and " i updated and now have a locked ibrick =["

no hating on the noobs but its funny how they piss off everyone

how they piss everyone off

you know you were one, and you asked others for help and then you became not a noob!!!

you weren't born like that you know!!!

if it pisses you off soo much, dont go to the highest viewed forum section(Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading) and you won't have to get pissed off at the noobs that need help

thats why there is a forum like this(MMI), to help people unlock, jailbreak their iphones!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I waited a LOOONG time to go from unlocked 1.0.2 to 1.1.1- I am trying to follow the steps to go up to 1.1.2 but there is a key ingredient that is a MAJOR problem. The steps are written to assume that you can get the updated soft/firmware via iTunes. Now that 1.1.3 is released I cannot get the 1.1.2 version at all? Will there be a link soon with a package to download from somewhere other than iTunes-like the previous guides for earlier versions? Where/how can I download 1.1.2? Thanks for everyone's help on this site, by the way! I have been an avid follower since day one.

Thanks

omg... DUDE. Start a new thread in the appropriate forum. In fact, there are guides to do just what you are asking us to hold your hand to do. You need to search it out. Seriously.

In PokeKids defense, I agree. I know that we were all n00bs at one time, but did we all start a ton of threads such as: "What is firmware? is mine good enough?" or the classic "PLeaSe HeLlLlPPpp Mee!!". Most n00bs here do not. In fact, many read a LOT before posting anything at all. It's the typical 'hold my hand, show me how to do it NOW, so I don't have to read' approach that gets to us all. So yeah
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Honestly guys, if you start a new thread, and it's directed on a particular subject (Upgrading) then the thread will get flooded. We could all avoid useless posts by avoiding useless threads. Just a simple equation... :: ::

Reako