+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor!!!Stealth SIM+113

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
New off the wire...I just heard that someone has 113beta (did notknow apple has betaprogram) working on Stealth SIM........Can somebody confirm that! ... or it might be me that is
    Thanks

Default Rumor!!!Stealth SIM+113
    New off the wire...I just heard that someone has 113beta (did notknow apple has betaprogram) working on Stealth SIM........Can somebody confirm that! ... or it might be me that is hearing things again.

Thanks

1.1.3 isn't out yet, i haven't heard of anyone but gearlive, natetrue, and dev's having it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I think Jan 15ish is when a release of 1.1.3 might happen, thats what I heard.....

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

SO A STEALTHSIM FOR 1.1.3?

And BTW xSIm unlocks will always be available.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Developer
    Thanks

I dont believe the rumor. First, for a stealth sim type device to work you need to activate. To activate you need to jailbreak. I doubt that there's a 1.13 jailbreak ready. No jailbreak == no activate == no stealthsim on 1.1.3
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    I dont believe the rumor. First, for a stealth sim type device to work you need to activate. To activate you need to jailbreak. I doubt that there's a 1.13 jailbreak ready. No jailbreak == no activate == no stealthsim on 1.1.3
    Yeah but jailbreaking isn't the problem, there will always be an jailbreak......but just not a software unlock anymore or anytime soon. It's because jailbreaking doesn't mess with either the baseband or the bootloader and thats the things that its hard to mess around with.

And the 1.1.3 IPSW is with the DEV team i'm pretty sure they have gave up trying to unlock it but have have rather focused on jailbreaking it for sure.

Thanks

xSIM unlocks will always be available because they are a type of faux-unlock, are they not? Also, Please correct me if I'm wrong, but one can easily use a xSIM on a ootb 1.1.2 and have it 'unlocked', right? So what would be the dif here? As the xSIM does not depend on the s/w, right?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Yeah unless Apple/ATT CHANGES THERE SIM DESIGN WHICH THEY WONT DO OR AT LEAST WONT DO SOON.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

does that apply for TurboSim too? im assuming xSim & TurboSim are basically the same?

Thanks

that should apply to TurboSIM, since they are all essentially the same
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    Yeah but jailbreaking isn't the problem, there will always be an jailbreak......but just not a software unlock anymore or anytime soon. It's because jailbreaking doesn't mess with either the baseband or the bootloader and thats the things that its hard to mess around with.

And the 1.1.3 IPSW is with the DEV team i'm pretty sure they have gave up trying to unlock it but have have rather focused on jailbreaking it for sure.
    From what I hear, unless they crack the password, neither are possible...

Developer
    Thanks

Jailbreaking isn't magic. In theory there will soon be a version that we cannot jailbreak when all the security holes are finally patched. 1.1.3 could be that version. You never know. Dont make these assumptions.
    I see no evidence that any other devs have this and are working on it. Please cite your source.

In any case, there is no reason to think that 1.1.3 is already jailbreaked. I do not think it will be an easy jailbreak this time knowing how the process worked for past versions. It definitely is not jailbreaked now.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreaking isn't magic. In theory there will soon be a version that we cannot jailbreak when all the security holes are finally patched. 1.1.3 could be that version. You never know. Dont make these assumptions.
    they can increase the security, they CAN NOT completely lock us out. if they patch all the security holes, people will unpatch them. believe you me there won't ever be too long without a jailbreak. i mean look at MMORPGs. people have total control over their servers and are making money off of the game and put out as many possible patches as they can, and there is always a way around it. the only difference is you dont have to worry about getting your iphone banned. yeah.

also i do not believe that 1.1.3 (the beta) is jailbroken. even if it is the final release probable wont have the same security. and BigBoss is right
    No jailbreak == no activate == no stealthsim on 1.1.3
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Thanks

I've never had to fake activate, so it never occurred to me that one would need to to get the iPhone to work. Thanks for re-iterating for me SideTalker

Thanks

I've never had to fake activate, so it never occurred to me that one would need to to get the iPhone to work. Thanks for re-iterating for me SideTalker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    From what I hear, unless they crack the password, neither are possible...
    Negative, jailbreaking/Activating is not encrypted its just a matter of Re-arranging the binary files unlike the secpack which is encrypted with a 1024-bit key. And finding the secpack is within the masses of the binaries. WHICH I WILL TELL YOU IS REALLY HARD TO CRACK. But still not impossible since when is something computer related impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    I see no evidence that any other devs have this and are working on it. Please cite your source.

In any case, there is no reason to think that 1.1.3 is already jailbreaked. I do not think it will be an easy jailbreak this time knowing how the process worked for past versions. It definitely is not jailbreaked now.
    Once again jailbreaking isn't about the security holes and there is also no encryption its like just changing the posiion of the logic binary files around and erasing some of them and then again there is NO ENCRYPTION to it so all is good.

And i didn't say its JAILBROKEN I SAID THERE PROBABLY WORKING ON IT

And the source is Hackintosh go to iphone/unlocking, its a sticky which says CONFIRMED 1.1.3 has a new baseband work has started.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    they can increase the security, they CAN NOT completely lock us out. if they patch all the security holes, people will unpatch them. believe you me there won't ever be too long without a jailbreak. i mean look at MMORPGs. people have total control over their servers and are making money off of the game and put out as many possible patches as they can, and there is always a way around it. the only difference is you dont have to worry about getting your iphone banned. yeah.

also i do not believe that 1.1.3 (the beta) is jailbroken. even if it is the final release probable wont have the same security. and BigBoss is right
    That is very perspective. I agree with you.
    Last edited by yowiphone; 01-12-2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

iphone003 (01-13-2008)

Thanks

Cool!!!
    iphone rocks!!!!!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Originally Posted by Sidetalker

That is very perspective. I agree with you.
    Why thank you!
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Thanks

Nothing is impossible, thats a fact.