View Poll Results: Who do you want the next president to be?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Rodham Clinton

35 16.99%
  • John Edwards

1 0.49%
  • Mike Gravel

1 0.49%
  • Dennis Kucinich

0 0%
  • Barack Obama

101 49.03%
  • Bill Richardson

1 0.49%
  • Rudy Giuliani

3 1.46%
  • Mike Huckabee

3 1.46%
  • Duncan Hunter

0 0%
  • John McCain

26 12.62%
  • Ron Paul

13 6.31%
  • Mitt Romney

0 0%
  • Fred Thompson

1 0.49%
  • I AM NOT GONNA VOTE....

21 10.19%
+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Who will our next President be??

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
hey Everyone, i was just watching the news, and there is alot of talking about the elections so i thought it might be interesting to open a pole for everyone
    Banned
    Thanks

Default Who will our next President be?? YOU decide
    hey Everyone,

i was just watching the news, and there is alot of talking about the elections so i thought it might be interesting to open a pole for everyone in our favorite forum!!!

so lets vote and see who are next president will be.... I hope everyone will participate in this pole! and post any comments you have....

GUYS!!!! if your not a citizen or not 18 years old or older PLEASE dont use the poll, but you are more then welcome and encouraged to make comments!!!! thanks!!
    Last edited by yemenprince2004; 01-12-2008 at 10:59 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yemenprince2004 For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008), poetic-unfully (07-04-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Barack Obama.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

i am voting go Barak Obama

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yemenprince2004 For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Thanks
    The SC primaries are coming up next week and the week after. I need to do some more research before I decide who I'm voting for. I'm guessing it will be a Democrat, just off the cuff.
    ----------------
    One Hot Mama to Christopher and Wesley.
    One Hot Wife to Richard.
    One Huge Legend in my own mind.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SueZQ For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Thanks

Ron Paul.

It's time for this country to change.
    And stop printing money out of our butts...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dash-2 For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Thanks

Obama if i could vote

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Obama if i could vote
    Obama and Ron Paul will be the runners.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wePhone For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    Ron Paul.

It's time for this country to change.
    And stop printing money out of our butts...

if i had a second vote it would be Ron Paul, but the thing is, his chances of winnning are very little even with alllllllllllllllllllll the Ron Paul buzz on the internet and youtube!!!!

but He sure would make a great president!!

No wonder fox would NOT let him in the debates!!!
    Last edited by yemenprince2004; 01-09-2008 at 08:19 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to yemenprince2004 For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Thanks

if i could vote i give it to Hillary...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DVB+ For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was feeling Ron Paul and still do on some issues, but you have to really think about his positions on certain things, he is ultra mega conservative. IE, although I agree that there shouldn't be an IRS, you can't just do away with it, I mean I don't know all the details on what he plans to replace it with(if anything), but a lot of people are now dependent of the IRS including its employees, accountants, businesses big and small across the country, and is issues like this that makes me feel like Ron Paul is not a candidate we need, not now.

And as far as Obama/Hillary goes, I really hope that Americans are willing to entrust the presidency to an African American or woman, I'm happy that they are serious contender for the nominations of their party, but i'm worried that people in the south and other areas will not be able to see through color or gender and see the candidates for what they really are, a way better alternative to Boosh when it comes to the national election.

I would vote for Obama if i was a citizen.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dalethefarmer For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUYS!!!! if your not a citizen or not 18 years old or older PLEASE dont use the poll, but you are more then welcome and encouraged to make comments!!!! thanks!!
    Last edited by yemenprince2004; 01-09-2008 at 10:36 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to yemenprince2004 For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone vinodis's Avatar
    Thanks

Indian, and 'voted' for Obama

24. The Following User Says Thank You to vinodis For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

We have 4 people that are NOT gonna vote
    shame on them!!!!!

everybody should vote, and if you dont vote dont come in two years and ***** about what the president is doing that you dont agree with!!!!

VOTE or

26. The Following User Says Thank You to yemenprince2004 For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the CA primaries aren't until feb 5th so I still have some time to follow the candidates and review them. One thing I know is that i will NOT vote for Senator Clinton. There is no way I'm going to help put the Clintons back in the White House.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to JedixJarf For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    Obama and Ron Paul will be the runners.

i dont think sooo!!!!

i mean i would want it to be like that, but looking at the way its going right now: the front runners would most likely be Barack Obama or John McCain !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    Well the CA primaries aren't until feb 5th so I still have some time to follow the candidates and review them. One thing I know is that i will NOT vote for Senator Clinton. There is no way I'm going to help put the Clintons back in the White House.
    Come on!!!! If sen. Clinton wins we will have two presidents Hillary and Bill!!! and plus compare the way the country is right now to what it was when Bill was the president, its a huge different!

Anything right now is better then bush!!!
    Last edited by yemenprince2004; 01-10-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

30. The Following User Says Thank You to yemenprince2004 For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Thanks

Hillary Rodham Clinton

32. The Following User Says Thank You to silencer For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm voting Hillary just to get Bill back in the white house.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to jengapants For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Thanks

I am not voting. I don't see why I should vote when I don't believe that any of the top running hopefuls believe in their platform(s). Seriously, the 'democrats' are given their platform, and then what they do is debate over minor differences. As do the republicans. So what's the point? I don't believe in any of it. I have totally lost faith.

I'd like to see a candidate that talks about what the real issues are, rather than just being sure to use 'troops' and 'Iraq' in the same sentence. Or... well you catch my drift.

Such a failed 'democratic' system.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Thanks

Alright so someone thinks the runners will be Obama and Paul? Pretty bold statement...I really think that the Republicans know the Evangelicals were a huge part of the Bush victories in 2000 and 2004 and Huckabee is following that whole thing again. At this point there really isn't much of a base to work from for the GOP other than this so it would be smart to play the religious card. I don't think they are willing to stretch so far to get votes as to go with Ron Paul, and I really don't think there is enough of a buzz for him to get anyone other than younger people interested.

One other guy said he would vote for Ron Paul but he won't because he knows he won't win. I really really hope no one else thinks this way because thats one of the worst things you could do. You vote for your favorite candidate. That's it. Who cares of he/she doesn't win; you supported them and did your part to get them in office. It's not something like you'll be left out of the cool crowd if you vote Kucinich or something you know?

Anyway Ive never written a post this long so this is the last paragraph. I should clear up (after that first paragraph) that I am a strong Ron Paul supporter and have been since about July. I don't think I've ever really heard him say anything I disagree with. He's like this great little experiment that really needs a chance but I don't think it will happen. I mentioned earlier about his buzz which remains on the internet where there are no filters to perpetuate a more personal agenda (ie Fox news) which really does limit your demographic. If he were mentioned more in the mainstream media then older people may look at him as a viable candidate, but for now he's just a savior to the hippies, conspiracy theorists, and so on.

EDIT: hey "Imahottguy" above me. If you feel like that, you really really should check out Ron Paul of you haven't yet. He's the only one saying anything other than bullsh*t that you're supposed to say (ie Romney). He sticks to the issues, actually answers the questions (rather than reformulating the question into a more general, vague one and then answering that new question making sure to mention patriotism or 9/11), and has more experience than a lot of the other candidates. Ironically, he is probably THE candidate if you're looking for this "change" everyone else keeps talking about. We've all seen the daily show or colbert report montages where the candidates say change like 500 times in a single debate. Ron Paul doesn't even market himself this way. He tells you his stance on the issues and if you listen to them, you'll realize he really would be a change.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for starting this thread I can't wait to see how this dicussion grows

Edit: AND PLEASE STOP VOTING PEOPLE IN BASED ON THE "I'D LIKE TO HAVE A BEER WITH THAT GUY" FACTOR! IT'S HOW WE ENDED UP WHERE WE ARE. I SHOULDN'T WANT TO DRINK WITH THE PRESIDENT AND THE PEOPLE THAT I DO DRINK WITH SHOULD NEVER BE PRESIDENT!
    Last edited by ColPhorbin; 01-11-2008 at 02:50 AM. Reason: wanted to address previous post and add closing remark

38. The Following User Says Thank You to ColPhorbin For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I am not voting. I don't see why I should vote when I don't believe that any of the top running hopefuls believe in their platform(s). Seriously, the 'democrats' are given their platform, and then what they do is debate over minor differences. As do the republicans. So what's the point? I don't believe in any of it. I have totally lost faith.

I'd like to see a candidate that talks about what the real issues are, rather than just being sure to use 'troops' and 'Iraq' in the same sentence. Or... well you catch my drift.

Such a failed 'democratic' system.
    WOW seriously WOW!!!
    its really sad to read this post!!

first of all if you think all that candidates are no good lieing and that there fed everything that they say, you still dont have the justificating not to vote!!
    I dont agree with what you said that they're all saying bull and none of them is really gonna do any of what they're saying but even if i did i would still vote, i would go do research look up what they have done in there past years and then see which one of them is the one that have done in some of what they said in there past.

I mean there are so many ways to find out about all the canidadates but if you choose not to vote, then you have no right to complain and ***** about them when they become the president!!!!

BTW: I am saying all this to all those that have the right to vote, and then choose not to!! Its not only to Imahottguy

40. The Following User Says Thank You to yemenprince2004 For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast