+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: xbox 360 or PS3

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Xbox 360 is better but breaks all the f'n time! I've gone through like 5 of them
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Xbox 360 is better but breaks all the f'n time! I've gone through like 5 of them

Thanks

360 ftw. even though mine is gone to microsoft due to the 3 rings. i think the ps3 is great spec wise but i think it was the 600 price tag that put a bad taste in my mouth and even though they came out with the 40gb for cheaper, with no backwards compatibility its pretty much rubbish, imho.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxiii View Post
    360 ftw. even though mine is gone to microsoft due to the 3 rings. i think the ps3 is great spec wise but i think it was the 600 price tag that put a bad taste in my mouth and even though they came out with the 40gb for cheaper, with no backwards compatibility its pretty much rubbish, imho.
    All playstations are backward compatibile, Now the 80gig is $499 not $599. you also get a blu-ray dvd player for that price.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by opusandbill View Post
    All playstations are backward compatibile, Now the 80gig is $499 not $599. you also get a blu-ray dvd player for that price.
    sorry i should have specified at launch it was 600 and that put a bad taste in my mouth. and "The 40GB model does not have PS2 backwards compatibility, although does maintain backwards compatibility for original PlayStation titles."- that was taken from playstations own website. dont get me wrong its a great system and blu-ay rules but just not for me at the moment maybe later.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is my take. RIGHT NOW go with xbox. Why? Cheaper, better game developement, more solid developement because designers have a better idea of the xbox sdk. S3 will be getting better in a year or two, once game developement evens out.

Thanks

Default ps3 vs xbox360
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Here is my take. RIGHT NOW go with xbox. Why? Cheaper, better game developement, more solid developement because designers have a better idea of the xbox sdk. S3 will be getting better in a year or two, once game developement evens out.
    First of all when buying electronics especially video game consoles you get what you pay for.
    second the reason there are more games is that the xbox came out a year earlier.
    best buy website:

Playstation 3
    $399.99
    40GB internal hard drive provides plenty of storage space for game saves, media and more
    Cell Broadband Engine state-of-the-art microprocessor is more powerful and efficient than standard single-core processors, delivering breakthroughs in fidelity and believability
    Blu-ray media stores up to five times more data than DVDs, providing a larger canvas for unbelievable graphics and unprecedented interaction; Blu-ray drive also plays Blu-ray movies for a high-definition experience with your favorite films
    Multi-axis motion sensing system immerses you in a realistic gaming experience by making the wireless controller an extension of your body, all in real time with high precision, Wireless Controller Bluetooth (up to 7)
    Bluetooth technology allows you to connect your console to the Internet wirelessly.
    Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

xbox 360
    $349.99
    Powerful hardware features 512MB unified memory, custom symmetrical tripe-core CPU and custom 500MHz ATI graphics processor
    Every Xbox 360 title supports 720p and 1080i high definition resolution or 480p standard definition resolution
    Exclusive games (not included) shatter expectations with advanced customization features, HD graphics, full surround sound and online-enabled gameplay
    Vibrant characters display depth of emotion to evoke more dramatic responses, immersing you in the experience
    Rip music to the Xbox 360 hard drive and share your latest digital pictures with friends
    View progressive-scan DVD movies
    Support for up to four wireless game controllers
    not to mention that the HD-DVD is an extra $179.99
    Last edited by opusandbill; 01-19-2008 at 08:11 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

360, sooo much better

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345